The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#57500 - 06/24/06 01:38 AM Re: summer vacations?
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Dotsie,

How far is your home from Upper Marlboro. That's where my new hubby is from.

Beverly Mahone
www.talk2bev.com
Author, WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age

#57501 - 06/25/06 04:25 AM Re: summer vacations?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hmmm, I think it's a little over an hour away. Not far. Is his family still here?

#57502 - 06/25/06 08:48 PM Re: summer vacations?
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
His son still lives there. His ex lives in Bel Air. On another note, I would like you to review a copy of my book. Got time?

Beverly Mahone
Author, WHATEVER! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
www.talk2bev.com

#57503 - 06/27/06 07:39 AM Re: summer vacations?
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
You all seem so creative, between the books you are writing and the websites you design. God bless you all!

I know I have all kinds of creative ideas in my brain trying to push their way out. I wrote 40 pages of my thoughts about life while on the train going across the country recently. It was sooo enjoyable to get the ideas out on paper (or rather laptop)

But how did you all get to the next step? I am truly impressed with your success and hope it will push me to work on my many projects.

Thanks in advance for any help, assistance and encouragement you can provide!

Donna

#57504 - 06/26/06 08:13 PM Re: summer vacations?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Dotsie,

I sent you an email with my contact info. Did you receive it?

I sure hope you are doing well. Have you been affected by the floods?

Donna, you've come to the right place.

Cheers,
Cathi

#57505 - 06/27/06 05:53 AM Re: summer vacations?
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Optimumsteps,
It sure does sound like I did come to the right place!
Donna

#57506 - 06/29/06 04:25 AM Re: summer vacations?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dotsieeeeee

I was hoping for a report on your trip to Mexico. (I mean the fun part, not the getting sick part)

When are we going to hear about your trip? Or did you drink too many margaritas to remember?

We're waiting for a 'tell all.'

smile

#57507 - 07/09/06 04:23 PM Re: summer vacations? [Re: smilinize]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't ignore smile, so here goes. Thanks for asking.

We went with three other families to celebrate several of our children's graduations from high school. These are families that have been part of the village it's taken to raise our kids. We love them and have traveled with all but one family before. We stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. It's an all inclusive in Riviera Maya, about a half hour from Cancun.

All we did was hang out on the beach and in the pool. We ate, drank, walked, soaked up the sun, and slept. We did water aerobics, played water polo, some of the kids took scuba lessons, they rented wave runners with the dads, floated in the lazy river pool all hooked togther by feet and hands, my daughter got her hair braided, and we laughed our heads off. All day we were with the kids. We have lovely dinners, all 17 of us, then the kids went off to hang out, and the parents headed in another direction. It was an awesome family vacation. Please check it out if you want to go to an all inclusive that is out of this world gorgeous, relaxing and entertaining.

I only recommend that you go on antibiotics before you go. At least four of us ended up on them when we got home.

So, tell me about your vacations...

#57508 - 07/19/06 03:40 PM Re: summer vacations?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay Dotsie,

I'm so glad you finally got to Mexico. Isn't it a wonderful place. It's the land of passion. The margaritas flow, the sun is warm, the swimming is wonderful, and the men are... Well, they're MEN, hot blooded MEN. It's a place that heightens everyone's passions.

I love the way you can stay right on the beach with bars in the pools and scantily clad 'male' bartenders? I love 'shooting the waves' with the wave runners and the Mexican musicians who sing and play for you at dinner. I even love the bull fights and the gaudy souvenirs I always drag home on the plane.

Sounds like you had a lot of chaperones, but with all the passion of Mexico, I bet there was a lot of second honeymooning going on too.

I hope after the illness you still have great memories of Mexico. It's definitely the land of love.

smile

#57509 - 07/20/06 09:12 PM Re: summer vacations?
positiveliving Offline

Loc: Wiltshire, UK
Hello everyone

Now I know this won't sound exciting but for me I am fulfilling an ambition.

We have hired a motorhome and me, my man, my 5 year old and 15mth old are going to tour the Cornwall coast and stop off at the Eden Project. Somewhere in me is a hippy waiting to get out and this summer I may let her!!

I can't wait, we go in two weeks.

'because life is not about the challenge' ?
www.positivelivingprogramme.com

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved