The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#57470 - 05/25/06 04:36 AM Re: summer vacations?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Louisa,

Margaretivelle is a wonderful restaurant. Great food, wonderful atmosphere!

Ahhh haaa, I saw that museum, it is by the Venitian - we'll have to go into it!

We are staying at a time share in Orlando - I can't wait!

Aren't you in peabody or Lynn? We've talked about that before. LOL!

d.

#57471 - 05/25/06 05:26 AM Re: summer vacations?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I am headed to Huntsville Ala in July to see my husband younger sister and her kids for a week. I told her by the end of the week we will hve to buy you toliet paper and just might wear our welcome out. Haa....

We are driving and I always take a pinic lunch and plenty of bottled water . We will stop along the Tenn borger to a Hampton Inn where I can find a Craker Barrel to have chicken and dumplings ot eat and fried apples . Yummy !

Oh, that is on of the seven wonders of the world that I want to see the Grand Canyon in AZ . I did not get to see it when I was there in 1969 .

Hey, Lousia I think we are coming up north to Boston next year . We are thing of a trip to Maine . Need your help with that trip .

Renee

[ May 25, 2006, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Renee ]

#57472 - 05/25/06 07:51 AM Re: summer vacations?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Yes, Danita, we have talked about it before. I'm in Lynn. You've got to see the Christmas lights at MGM in Disney and the Boardwalk area. You'll love the wax museum in Vegas.

Renee, Are you talking somewhere around Ogunquit maybe? That's not that far from me. Maybe we'll go up for a day.

Louisa

#57473 - 05/25/06 06:19 PM Re: summer vacations?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Renee, are you goign to meet the queen?

And those going to Vegas must meet chatty.

Angel, how was your trip?

Danita, how was your get-a-way with hubby. You are so good about doing that!

We just got back fro New Orleans with two of our kids for a family wedding. Oldest is taking a mini-mester so he couldn't make it.

WOW! We stayed in the French Quarter. Bourbon St. and the rest of that area is up and running. I can tell you because I was out roaming the streets with my sisters and the bridal party until 3:45 am...(someone had to look out for those kids!) I ahven't been up that late in years.

Anyway, we drove to the wedding which was about 20 minutes away. It was at this lovely plantation that stayed standing in the midst of surrounding devastation. The ride there was unbelievable. I've never seen so many miles of total destruction. I don't know how or when that city will be rebuilt but the loss those familes incurred is devastating. You have to see it to believe it. I had a fairly good idea because my son went there and filmed the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. His video made me cry. But to see it first-hand is a whole other story. We need to remember to keep that city and their people in our prayers. I'd stopped praying for them, but after witnessing such sadness, I'm praying again!

#57474 - 05/26/06 12:43 AM Re: summer vacations?
Sadie Offline

Dotsie,
I hope to meet the Queen she is not far from Huntsville Ala where my husbands sister lives . We hope to meet up and talk .

Lousia , I am not sure where in Maine is good , but wanted to stop next year to see you and your husband for sure . I love Boston and where you live .

Renee

#57475 - 05/26/06 01:26 AM Re: summer vacations?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm about 15 minutes outside of Huntsville so I too am counting on us getting together for lunch or something! I hope it isn't around the 12th though...I'll be speaking to a group in Tuscaloosa, AL that week and will be gone almost the whole week. Let me know when you have your schedule. I can't wait to meet you!

JJ

#57476 - 05/26/06 05:27 AM Re: summer vacations?
Sadie Offline

Well, We will be leaving MD on around July 8th and take us two days to travel . Not sure if I wil see you then . We will reach Huntsville about July 10th not much time before you will be gone . Oh, my luck .

#57477 - 05/26/06 05:48 AM Re: summer vacations?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well, let's just wait and see...we've got a month to play with here. I won't leave until the evening of the 11th, I think...and I may not leave until the 12th...so let's just wait till it gets closer to time. Besides, I'm coming back the next day unless something else crops up, like another speech in the area, or a book signing.

JJ

#57478 - 05/26/06 06:07 AM Re: summer vacations?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Renee, we can tsalk about the Maine thing. I'll send you some info and links n places. If you come to Boston, we will meet up for sure.
Louisa

#57479 - 05/27/06 05:51 AM Re: summer vacations?
Sadie Offline

Lousia,
You bet we will be in Boston . It has been a long , long time since I have been to Boston. I took the trip on the train when I was a little girls and loved every minute of it.

We will meet up for sure

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved