The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#54722 - 02/10/06 06:44 AM Re: what is your opinion ?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
That's our family motto, Bluebird.

The world certainly does seem to be in a mess right now. One can only hope and pray some of the craziness stops.

#54723 - 02/10/06 09:28 AM Re: what is your opinion ?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
What I don't understand is, what do the Muslims hope to gain by destroying us? It seems that just as Hitler thought that by eliminating a whole race of people, the radical Muslims want to eradicate us.
Maybe the Bush administration knows something we don't know that the Clinton adm. knew also. Perhaps if we did know, it would stir a worldwide panic.

#54724 - 02/10/06 10:05 AM Re: what is your opinion ?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I read in the NYT yesterday that the radical Muslims are now attacking the U.S. for the cartoons published in Denmark because we represent the west and are therefore the epitome of the Infidel.

Some Muslims say it is a misrepresentation of the Koran, but what I read seemed to command Muslims to destroy the infidel which they claim we are. Destruction of the infidel is to be carried out even at the cost of their own lives, which means that to destroy the world, including themselves, with nuclear weapons would fulfill their god given obligation to eradicate the infidel (US) from the earth.

I see no way to counter that except with love, faith, and prayer.

smile

#54725 - 02/10/06 06:23 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
NewLeaf Offline

What if all the "infidels" converted to Islam?? Would they still want to destroy us? and what of the many American Muslims, do they hate them too?

I've heard it said there are cells throughout the US that are just waiting for orders to go into motion and pull another 9/11. It is a fragile balancing act our gov. is playing right now no matter who is in power. The need to keep on top of terrorist activity is so important yet, our privacy is being taken away from us more and more. Just look up at a stop light, there is a camera pointed right at you and at WalMart and at work and at the daycare and at the bank and convenience store.

We live in a fishbowl yet people disappear and can't be found...its all very confusing.

#54726 - 02/10/06 06:28 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
NewLeaf Offline

One more thought....please [Smile]

If we as believers in a higher power than ourselves also believe that each person, before they were even conceived, existed in the mind of God, and our days are numbered from birth and God knows the number of our days, and each of us has an appointment with death, then I have to believe that I won't go before my appointment time no matter which way I go. God surely knows the way I will go also.

I believe it is in Psalms 139, my favorite chapter in the Bible, the one I run to when I am troubled or think God may have lost my address and phone number. LOL

#54727 - 02/10/06 07:03 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I had to see what your favorite Psalm was. Here you go.

Number5, I have to agree with you about our appointment with death. What a comfort after reading all this scary stuff. Thank you.

Psalm 139

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to [b] me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

www.biblegateway.com

#54728 - 02/10/06 07:29 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Number 5...I second that thank you...I may be ( to borrow one of Dotsie's sayings) a Pollyanna...but I firmly believe that God loves us and therefore will take care of us...we just have to keep praying and having Faith in Him.

Dotsie...thanks for looking up the Psalm Number 5 mentioned and printing it here for us to read...

#54729 - 02/10/06 09:23 PM Re: what is your opinion ?
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
Religious understandings always differ ... that is why (in my opinion) countries with state religions will always be dangerous places for individuals .....

For example, while the above verses from psalms suggests our days alloted on earth are specified prior to our birth, another can read Job, and say our days are not numbered before birth..

"For He does NOT appoint a time unto any man when he should go before God in judgement" ... the words of Eliu to Job (Job 34;23)...

Many who accept Christianity could say the above psalm with the following words is now invalid because of Jesus's words of loving one's enemy, doing good to them .....

"Do i not HATE THOSE who hate you O Lord and ABHOR THOSE who rise against You"
"I have nothing but HATRED for them i count them as my enemies." (from the pslam quoted above)

If only religious 'leaders' teach what is 'truth' we have problems, if we journey into it ourselves, we have problems ...... I think God, should have been a little more specific on many things.....

In the meantime, if we try to refrain from doing to others, what we dont want done to us ... maybe there can be a spreading of peace and goodwill across our world......

[ February 10, 2006, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: norma ]

#54730 - 02/11/06 12:10 AM Re: what is your opinion ?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Being prepared for the worst is nothing new for us boomers. We grew up learning in grade school what to do if Russia sent the big one over.

#54731 - 02/11/06 12:16 AM Re: what is your opinion ?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Air raid drills. Hated them...

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved