The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 70 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#54404 - 03/09/06 11:18 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
Sandpiper, Beverly, Dane, Searcher.....
SO TRUE!! Number 5 needs a vibrator...
not to mention, anyone know a guy that doesn't like....................

#54405 - 03/09/06 11:43 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Well, Sandi,

I would ask that these remarks be tempered. As you can read, I have my own opinions, but so does Number5. And we must not degrade her honest belief about these matters... She does have a right to her opinion. And should not be denegraded because of it - but I would also ask that Number5 be as kind in responses...and realise that all cannot be held accountable for her beliefs.

Searcher

#54406 - 03/09/06 12:16 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Sandi Offline

No comment.

#54407 - 03/09/06 01:11 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I am not the monitor for this particular section, however, I am a monitor and I am a member of this site, like everyone else. I've also been asked to help "nip it in the bud" if things start to go off track.

Just like Searcher has already requested, please step back and think before you post. If you disagree with someone, do so with respect of their differing opinion. If you can't do that, don't post. It's not rocket science.

The mission statement is very clear. We have this forum as a place to encourage, help, and heal.

JJ

#54408 - 03/09/06 06:27 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Sandi Offline

I woke and thought about what Sandpiper had stated, checked the site and I believe I even exited once again. In any event, I read your remarks jawjaw...jawjaw...and to all, including #5 I do apologize. I do write "autmatically" and next time I will think before I do so. Thank you for putting me in my place, I have to remember what this site is all about. Truthfully, when I wrote that, I actually thought it was funny. Now I see how offensive it sounds...My apologies to all. Sandi

#54409 - 03/09/06 07:38 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sandi, that's very honorable of you to step up to the plate and apologize.

Let's face it, this is a hot topic. There are so many varying opinions on this and many have been raised in religions that are extremely dogmatic on this issue.

I always have to ask myself this question: If I hadn't been raised in a church that taught homosexuality was a sin, what would I believe?

Today, I've been able to step away from what was crammed down my throat and find my own answers.

#54410 - 03/09/06 09:12 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Hi,
I have many friends who are gay, in lifelong relationships and don't have STDs. One of them once expressed to me, that to deny his homosexuality (which he actually tried to do for 40 years) would mean he would be denied a chance for real love in his life. Another man I knew spoke eloquently about why he wanted to marry his partner of over 20 years. It was to stand up in front of the world and say, yes, we are together.
A female friend of mine was dragged behind a truck to get her to change her lesbian ways when she was in her early 20s. She's now in her 40s and in a long-term relationship.
Sometimes, when you put a human face on someone, instead of a label, the discussion takes on a different flavor. We all live, love and feel pain from not getting love at times.
I've read through most of this topic and have to applaud everyone for trying to state their viewpoint in a tolerant manner for the most part. It is a heavily loaded topic and you have done an admirable job!
Peace and love

#54411 - 03/09/06 09:13 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I realized its not clear. The friend who was dragged behind a truck is in a lesbian relationship.
Casey

#54412 - 03/09/06 09:38 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
pepper Offline

Loc: Jupiter, Florida
who is Casey????

KaseyC....should I change my name? I don't want to cause conflicts...they are so close....you have your opinions and I have mine and I hope that these do not get crossed because of the same sign on name. We are only 1 letter off...
Let me know what you think.
KaseyC

#54413 - 03/09/06 10:42 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
i dont want to misquote someone and am not sure if i've even done this quote thing right....... but about marriages between same gender partners .... someone said:

'it has the potential to bankrupt our health care system.'

'In the Canadian provinces where same sex marriage is legal, very few are being entered into. Possibly because they have socialized medicine and it healthcare is available without cost to all citizens.......'

'The question of same sex marriage is only an issue of economy. '

If someone needs health care, they need health care ..... whether married, widowed, divorced single or living common law ..... how can marital status 'break a health care system ?

Marriages between people of the same gender are now legal across our entire country ....
The debates held in pariliament over this issue were not about 'economics' but equality .....
Do all citizens have the same rights and responsibilities or not?

[ March 09, 2006, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: norma ]

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved