The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 206 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#54384 - 02/26/06 12:08 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Thank you, Sandpiper.
I love stories with a twist. It sounds like a movie I would enjoy very much.

#54385 - 02/26/06 01:40 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Haven't seen either one, gee guess I need to get out more....LOL

#54386 - 02/26/06 04:03 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I haven't seen that movie, but I want to.

I've had a lot of gay male friends over the years. I don't think any of them spoke with a lisp. I've always thought that was some sort of a stereotype. I went to my senior prom with a guy who was gay, although I didn't know it at the time. You would never have known by looking. He was one of the best looking boys I ever went out with. I was a lot more innocent in 1963 than I am now!

#54387 - 02/27/06 08:19 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I don't mean to cover the Don Knotts thread but I find this topic of homosexuality interesting.

When I was young it was called "queer" and we had these stupid rules that if you wore green or pink on Thursday, you were a queer. The word gay didn't turn up until years later.

My former BIL seemed somewhat feminine in high school. He was always in school plays and chorus and didn't wear Levi's like the other guys but dress pants. He was heavily involved in church activities and my sister's only requirement in a future husband was that he was a Christian.

He was somewhat dramatic and flamboyant but he could make me laugh harder than anyone. We used to torment each other on family trips.

But, he led a double life and was involved in sex groups with same sex and different sex and ended up HIV. It all went downhill after that.

In the 60's, we never really thought or believed that people were gay. Of course, back then they had to keep it a secret while today, it's almost a prideful thing.

I know gay men who are very masculine and you would never know. I know gay men who walk like women and are very feminine in their talk and walk.

I don't judge gay people. I had grown so tired of it while growing up in a family that judged everyone and I refuse to do it anymore. I'm just curious about some of these things.

#54388 - 02/27/06 02:37 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
NewLeaf Offline

I don't look at being gay as any different than being an alcoholic or a drug addict or an overeater. In my opinion there is something heinous about being in NAMBLA or being a pedaphile. Its funny how we just can't keep from totem-poling sins. These things are all issues that people struggle with, maybe their thorn in the flesh, to see if they have the ability to trust God to help them overcome their affliction.

As long as I live I will

#54389 - 02/27/06 02:40 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
NewLeaf Offline

Oops! As long as I live I will believe that sin against your own body or someone else's is worse than any other and to do things that are unnatural to it in the realm of procreation and even in the arena of sexual pleasure, seems to be very unnatural.

To me a same sex partner is as much an enabler and a codependent as a married partner to an alcoholic or drug user.

#54390 - 03/06/06 10:16 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
I was glad to see that it did not get the Oscar for Best Picture. I read that it had only grossed $32 Million and that is peanuts in Hollywood.

#54391 - 03/07/06 10:56 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Christina - Did you like the movie? I was not surprised it didn't win the Oscar for Best Picture. Crash was as safe a bet as the Oscar could do and still be considered controversal. I guess that film was about race relations in Los Angeles.

I think the amount grossed is considered pretty good for an independent film. I'm not sure what it takes for a film made by a regular company to be considered successful. Does anyone know the amount.

Anyway, I thought the entire evening was predictable, didn't you?

Sandpiper

#54392 - 03/07/06 06:20 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain and doubt that I will. I don't particularly like the acting of Heath Ledger for starters and I am not so sure that this movie does not promote homosexuality even though the producers say that it does not. I'll go on record as saying that I don't believe that homosexuality is natural and should be mainstreamed as being such. I still think that heterosexuality is the natural sexual act.

#54393 - 03/07/06 09:15 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
None of the films nominated were box office successes, as such. Making money is not the only reason a picture wins an Oscar.

Crash was the only one of the nominees that I saw, so I can't make a comparison. I can say that it impressed me geatly. Both the writing and acting ensemble were superb. Aparently the Academy agreed with me.

I'm planning on seeing Brokeback Mountain as soon as I can. I refuse to pass judgement on anyone's sexual beliefs or practices.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved