The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#54464 - 03/14/06 10:00 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Smile, thank you so much! You have put into words most succintly what I have been beating around the bush to say. That is exactly what I believe as a scientist myself and a believer.

There are so many things I am driven to do as is my nature, but they wouldn't be good for me or mine.

You have made it completely clear and I can't thank you enough.

I wish I had all the answers but unfortunately I don't. Sometimes I feel lost in a sea of complexity regarding the issues our world faces. My late husband who I consider my soulmate, said once, "honey, you have a two foot space around you and that is all you need to tend to." I try to remember that when I become overwhelmed with complexities of life.

I have learned to think as I put it, the Scarlett O'Hara way, "I'll think about that tomorrow."

I really appreciate all of you so much and have learned that this is a space where I can come to and find peace, wisdom,and support no matter what my beliefs or tendencies.

#54465 - 03/15/06 12:08 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Welcome, Peace! I just thought how incredibly wonderful it would be, for every human being in this world, to be able to utter those words, in greeting an end to injustice, intolerance, ignorance, hatred and fear.

Peacetrain, allow me to say you are most welcome, here on this open forum. Open public expression of an individual's seriously considered personal thoughts, reflections, ideas, theories, beliefs, and insights, plays an ever-increasing role in the transfomation for the better, of our world. We are each a member of the human family, and as we know, in a loving family, each member has the right to responsible self-expression, personal growth, and individual thought. Yet, within a loving family, these rights are ever tempered with the understanding that no member may act so selfishly, so irresponsibly, that they do harm to the family as a whole.

As a human being, I am enriched by every act of unselfish human kindness, understanding and compassion, demonstrated by my fellows. I have been enlarged by every human accomplisment for the good of all, since time immemorial. I have experiencd the triumph of human spirit with each performance of strength of character, will, and love, displayed by my fellow human beings. I am also diminished, as a human being, by every act of unkindness, ignorance, intolerance, injustice, cruelty and hatred. As a human being, I suffer as the victim in each circumstance aforementioned. As a human being, I as well, suffer diminishment, as the perpetrator in each incident aforementioned. It is my hope that one day, the human state may suffer not, from involvement as either.

Every woman, who makes the effort to post at this forum with sincerity of heart, I hope, will feel the complete acceptance of her right to express herself, by all herein.

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#54466 - 03/16/06 09:25 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Hi all,
Thanks for prayers and support. I know that they worked a miracle. Jesse, my son, is going to go into a program! Hallelujah!

It's been a long road. Jesse has been on drugs since he was around 8 (he's 19 now). He's been clean and sober, except for one slip, for a year. He didn't realize that risk-taking, impulsive behavior was also a drug and he stole again, which is why he was back in jail. Now, through the grace of God and all your prayers, he is going to a 2-year program which will solidify his sobriety and teach him three trades. I am so very grateful.

Number 5, thank you in particular for your prayers. Know that I always see the kind, loving person in your words. Your faith works for you and that's fine with me! :--)))

Smile, I totally agree with you about discussing things factually without attacking each other.

Peace, love and spirit to you all.

#54467 - 03/16/06 09:32 PM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Praise God for His mercy and love, in listening to our requests and granting them.
I'm so happy for you and your son, Casey! ((HUGS))

#54468 - 03/17/06 01:05 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Casey, I am so happy to hear the good news for your son. Will this be an in-house facility?

It's taken me forever to post in this thread.

We had a very dear friend take his life many years ago. He and my hubby were good friends all through elementary and high school. In fact, there is a statue of two boys that was dedicated to their grade school in his memory. His mother told us the boys were Ross and his buddy. Ross spoke at his funeral. Tough!

He was a homosexual who basically lived in the closet in the 70s and early 80s so I have a special place in my heart for homosexuals because like other human beings, they need love too.We are called to love one another. We are not called to judge.

His death landed Ross and I in the hands of a minister who graciously caused us to give our lives to Christ.

As I turn people toward heaven, I like to give our friend the credit. Funny how God works.

[ March 16, 2006, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#54469 - 03/17/06 02:04 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Casey, I have a cousin who has been in prison more than he's been out and it was because of drugs. Buying, selling and using. What a waste.

Therefore, I'm thrilled that your son has this new beginning and will pray that he takes advantage of it.

#54470 - 03/17/06 03:38 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Casey Offline

Thank you for all of your support and for sharing the feelings of joy that I feel.

Many of the kids who are on drugs are our brightest and most sensitive kids. I wonder if we can find a way to reach them that will work better than we have right now.

I had the wonderful opportunity to do a pledge drive for Wayne Dyer last Sunday night. He was there and I got a chance to chat briefly with him about my son. He says he talks about the problem in the PBS show (which I haven't gotten to see) and feels surrounding these young people with love would do quite a bit.

Yes, Dotsie, the power is love for each and every one of us. Thank you so much for your support in creating this space where we can share our pain, joy and thoughts.

#54471 - 03/17/06 04:39 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
God bless you Casey and your son. It was drugs that took my youngest son away from me 12 years ago and keeps him away to this day. I hope your son has success in the long hard road ahead of him....with you by his side I'm sure it will be a bit easier.

#54472 - 03/17/06 05:55 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
Casey Offline

Thank you, Chatty. I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers.

#54473 - 03/17/06 06:14 AM Re: Brokeback Mountain
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Casey,

I can't begin to tell you how overjoyed I am for you and your son. You know, when everyone else gives up on a son or daughter, a mother's love goes on and on. Just look at Mary at the Cross. She had to see her beloved son suffer and die and she had known all along what his fate would be with the promise that he would live again.

So many people have said, "Just write her off, just let her go. She'll never change. She'll always be a druggie and a poor mother." Those words only serve to stir up the powerful protective hope and belief and love a mother has for her child.

I know you believe in your son. Chatty, I know you will never give up on your son. Dianne, I know you will never lose hope for your cousin.

They need someone to believe in them and if we can't or won't, if we give up on them, then they really are lost.

I believe in your son, casey, and in my daughter and that there is hope for all the bright, wonderful young people who fall prey to drugs and alcohol.

They are usually the most sensitive and the most vulnerable ones.

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved