The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#54340 - 05/10/06 05:09 PM Re: www.myspace.com
Mother Mystic Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Dotsie,
No, no support group, no social worker absolutely no help from any agency whatsoever. He did get help ONE time from the agency associated with the psychiatrist he was seeing. They paid for 1 summer socialization course. Then they called and said since he wasn't receiving any other services, they would no longer help. We made the decision to take him off meds once he started puberty because they were having a strange effect on him, falling asleep as soon as he came home from school, very fatigued. His teachers didn't notice any difference when we stopped the meds so I guess they weren't having that great of an effect. Unfortunately, the town we live in consistently underfunds the school dept, the mayor brags about gutting the Special Ed dept funding, IEP meetings are a nightmare.

Susan

#54341 - 05/11/06 04:04 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Proudtobeanaturaleater06 Offline

Hello I had a myspace.com blog or space since the Autumn and I don't get weirdo's on my blog LOL. I get them on yahoo LOL.

#54342 - 05/12/06 12:10 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome proud, great screen anme. I hope you'll tell us more in the welcome forum.

#54343 - 05/12/06 08:36 PM Re: www.myspace.com
Robi8 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have been away from this site for awhile and am just catching up...

A couple of weeks ago, I had a phone call telling me to check out My Space. There was something on there that would be of great interest to me. So I did. I found my out of town college son had a site. He had posted way to much info about himself and posted pictures that did not meet with my approval. We went several rounds over this and he had since cancelled his site.

BUT in order for me to access his site, I had to create my own site. The only thing that I did was put my real email address and everything else was fake. I expected to be cancelled out right away but I wasn't. This is why I used my real email address. I wanted to see what would happen.

Now my reason for going on MySpace was to find my son but what about these creeps that create a fake id to go after unsuspecting kids. MySpace is not policing this. I am very concerned for the kids that are on there.

In looking for my son, I read some of these other sites and thought are these kids are crazy. They are giving way too much info and posting their pictures.

There is a radio station that posted a fake id...a girl 14 years old and they posted a picture. They got a few responses from men who thought they were communicating with a 14 year old girl and some of these responses were unbelievable.

As a parent, we can't be standing over them 24 hours and they are much too computer sauvey, so shouldn't these types of sites also take some responsibility as to what goes on???

#54344 - 05/14/06 12:47 AM Re: www.myspace.com
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Believe me if you don't police your own kids these sites won't. They couldn't care less who posts or what they post, the more tintalating the better. What we need is a law to make the owners of these trashy sites responsible but the web is to big for that and even the government doesn't want to be bothered nor do they have the man power. So we're on our own ladies to do the policing. Heaven help us!!!

[ May 13, 2006, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#54345 - 05/14/06 02:46 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Mother Mystic Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I'm not sure the technology is there to police any site the way we'd hope. Just look at ebay! People get ripped off all the time and the thief is never caught. How can you really be sure the person signing up is who they claim they are? At the least, we can try to be the best parents possible and limit our childrens access to the internet.
peace,
Susan

#54346 - 05/14/06 10:06 PM Re: www.myspace.com
Still Crowded Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
I have to say there must be some gneralized patrol on myspace.com from some agencies, because that's how they stopped the Columbine anniversary attack in Kansas. A blurb was found on myspace.com and authorities were able to arrest the boys before anything happened.

#54347 - 05/14/06 10:56 PM Re: www.myspace.com
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I think a teenage member of myspace.com turned the information about the Kansas Colunbine plans in to the police.

smile

#54348 - 05/18/06 06:54 PM Re: www.myspace.com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There's another one to check and that's www.facebook.com. Have you heard of that one? I think it's for older kids, like college age.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved