The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#54320 - 03/10/06 08:26 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Well, I gotya both!

Sam has a space on Myspace. He once asked me to look up his space to view a picture of him on his motorcycle - and I saved it!!!!! So now, I can just bring that up and see what he and all the others are up to!!!! Bad Mommy. But just tooooooo much fun. Shhh. Dont tell.

Bluebird, you're so cute!!! and all your little birdies....

#54321 - 03/10/06 07:35 PM Re: www.myspace.com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Searcher, how funny. I won't tell.

Do you have AOL?

You know how the kids post away messages?

Well that is one of the ways I know my college son is still alive.

Dramatic, I know.

But if I am on AOL and see he has an away message, I read it and immediately know what he is up to. Knowing his whereabouts makes me feel more connected to him.

What did we do without computers?

I also catch him online sometimes and we IM. I love it!

#54322 - 03/11/06 08:12 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I could view your daughter's pictures but when I click on the church pic, it wants me to join.

#54323 - 03/11/06 08:40 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
I don't have AOL. I do have IM thru Yahoo, but haven't used it because, really, I can just ring Sam up. He's not so far away. But I feel like you do, Dotsie - I just have to have connection. I so love that boy! Honestly, tho, I try to stay out of his way and let him have some freedom. Nichole's troubles kept us so close to home all the time it's time he flew around a bit.....

Yesterday, we went to lunch and I got to catch up on his stuff! He's done something new with himself - he's never worn a pair of white tennis shoes in his life - always grey or black or tan or something - yesterday he had on white tennis shoes and I was shocked! Sam thought this was really funny and to get me to laughing, he started doing back-handsprings and walking on his hands, waving his feet back and forth in the parking lot!!!!. we call him Hollywood.

Which reminds me - when he was about 7 or 8, he found he was really good at walking on his hands. And he was always looking for ways to use up energy (never found a way to use it all!) so he would walk up and down the stairs at school on his hands - with his books on his feet!!!! The principal called me and told me he was going to reprimand Sam, but couldn't because he was so entertaining that the principal liked to watch him! I asked if he got to class ok, and the answer was yes, so we just let him have at it!!!

I put him in gymnastics a year later.

Search

#54324 - 03/23/06 09:55 AM Re: www.myspace.com
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ok, since no one was able to see my extra picture page, I made a slideshow of about 50 pictures. It should start up as soon as you go to the main page: http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

Make sure your speakers are on because there is a song that plays.

Hope you all enjoy it!

#54325 - 03/23/06 04:41 PM Re: www.myspace.com
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Bluebird, I cannot find the words...it was so nice to hear that song and view those pics. Made me all teary eyed this morning. I truly enjoyed it.
chick

#54326 - 03/23/06 09:17 PM Re: www.myspace.com
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Thanks chick! It was really easy to do, just a little time consuming. It was hard finding a song with appropriate words, too.

#54327 - 04/09/06 02:39 PM Re: www.myspace.com
jjs Offline

Oh no, I guess this is where the shi"" is gonna hit the fan:)

1. It's not 'the space' that is deliquent it's the kids.

2. They have a public service announcement on tv here..."CUTIEPIE" has attracted a pervert. Does anyone ever think of the first line of defense? Not have the child have a screen name such as CUTIEPIE?????

3. And from personal experience...back in the 60's (this is nothing new) when I walked through my girlfriends door and her Grandfather handed me a Hershey bar with one hand and tried to stick the other down my shirt I knew it was WRONG in the 6th grade!

4. And in fact I knew it was wrong when I was 5 a playmate offered me a nickle to see my underwear!

Where are these children's Mother's? jennifer

#54328 - 04/09/06 08:43 PM Re: www.myspace.com
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I happened to see a show about child sexual abuse on Oprah recently. She made the point that most pedophiles do not forcibly rape children. Rather, they seduce them.

As a sexually abused child herself, she said it was the seduction, the feeling of being special then being betrayed, and the sexual pleasure in something so shameful that confused and injured her most.

There are so many seductions for our children. So many forms of pleasure to entice them to premature sexual feelings. No place seems safe. How do we protect them without injuring them further?

smile

[ April 09, 2006, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#54329 - 04/10/06 01:56 AM Re: www.myspace.com
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Our mothers or we as mothers can not be with our child every minute of every day. My mother was a great mother who watched us like hawks but my Uncle Friendly, as we kids called him managed to get me alone on numerous occassions even with other relatives in the next room. He was gutsy and calculating and waited for every second he might fondle or sway one of us children. I learned real young to steer clear of this creep. Oh and not all pedifiles seduce, some just hold you down and do what they want to especially to the very young child who can't tell. On Diannes wonderful site Educating Against Domestic Abuse I made the comment all pedifiles should be given only ONE chance, you offend and you get a 'lobotomy' and 'castration', no questions asked, do not pass goal, do not collect $200... That way you take away the 'desire' and the 'equipment'.... It's a sad state of affairs when a cutiepie can't even call herself one on the net..As you may have guessed I have zero tolerance for these sick twisted scum bags...

[ April 09, 2006, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved