The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#52063 - 11/03/05 09:53 AM Re: baby/child sitting?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
we are full time day care for our 8 mo. old granddaughter. she is such a joy, i can't remember life before she was here. i had reservations about giving up my own freedom but they disappeared as soon as i saw her.

our son is a beginning farmer and the harsh reality is that DIL has to have her job to provide insurance and other essentials. DIL wants nothing more than to stay home with their baby but that just can't happen yet and with the future of farming changing as it is, i really don't know is she will ever be able to stay home. that is their goal, though, and we are doing everything in our power to help toward that goal.

#52064 - 11/04/05 05:58 AM Re: baby/child sitting?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
flipper, good for you for stepping up to the plate for you son. I hope they realze what a good thing they have going.

#52065 - 11/11/05 01:06 AM Re: baby/child sitting?
Feisty49 Offline

Loc: Niskayuna, NY
I'm so new to BWS, having read about it just today in the newest issue of "AARP Bulletin," that this is my very first post. My son and DIL are expecting their first child, who will also my first grandchild, the end of March. I cannot wait. I was asked before I could offer, which I would have done, if I will babysit when my DIL returns to work. Yes yes yes, though I told them I would do only 2 or 3 days a week because I'm not willing to give up all my retirement time. I've already got plans in my head of what we'll do together, even when s/he is an infant, and am looking forward to getting to know this new little person whom we all love already.

#52066 - 11/11/05 02:33 AM Re: baby/child sitting?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome Feisty49, congratulations on your opending first grandchild. Funny how 2 or 3 days never seems to be enough for us once the baby arrives, and we are the ones that want to have them even more, been there, done that...LOL

#52067 - 11/11/05 07:08 AM Re: baby/child sitting?
Feisty49 Offline

Loc: Niskayuna, NY
Thanks for the welcome, Chatty Lady. I suspect I might want to do more than 2 or 3 days a week, but Baby A's (first name will be either Aiden or Anastasia) maternal grandmother has dibs too! LOL Besides, I really do have a life that includes friends, volunteer work and being on this darn computer!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved