The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#51589 - 07/25/04 03:46 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Newhope, my sister is a hospice care nurse. Dots is right about them. They genuinely care and understand much deeper than many in the field of care. My sister talks about her work sometimes, but, for the most part, she is just obsessed about doing special things for the family. She carries them in her heart and to church prayer. They are Angels!

My prayers are still with you too, as many others are.

God bless,

Sheree

#51590 - 07/26/04 12:28 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Dotsie, Sugaree, Peggy and others...thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. Dotsie, I wanted to let you know that we have some special books of prayer for children that we also read every night. Plus we pray with our own words, but I think he understands better when he can look at the pictures in the books since he's so young. Jordon has always absorbed prayer in a way that is so obvious. He has been prayed with in several formal prayer services and when church and prayer group members come to our house. If you touch his head and begin to pray, he gets stone still and stays that way until the prayer is over - even prayers that last 15 or 20 minutes! I know that his spirit is strong and is very much connected to God. I also know that we have to release him into God's hands and trust that His will is the best for him. Sugaree and Dotsie, I have learned that hospice workers are incredibly kind and caring people - angels on earth, in fact. I just wish that I didn't have to work to "bring home the bacon" so that I could meet with them, too. But I thank God that I'm able to help my daughter in all different sorts of ways. I just praise God, too, that we've had Jordon in our lives, for however long He wants him to stay with us. We've already had 20 months since his first diagnosis, and we weren't at all sure that he would make it through the first brain surgery. So, we continue to count our blessings - and you all are among them for me!

#51591 - 07/26/04 03:40 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Joyce, I hope you can somehow find a way to spend some time with the hospice nurses and chaplain. I know some people in that field and they are such wonderful people. They believe in prayer as much as we do and they see a lot of miracles. I'm believing in a miracle for you.
Blessings to your and your family.

#51592 - 07/26/04 04:05 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Newhope: your name is just a wonderful reminder of the hope we can have each and every day. Don't despair. We are all praying and continue to hope for the best. We love you. Jordon is in our hearts too. Give him a big hug from Songbird!

#51593 - 07/26/04 04:17 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Thanks, Smile and Songbird. I'm trying to live up to my "name" and I'll see if I can work something out to be home at least occasionally when the hospice workers come. If I can't (due to my work schedule), I plan to see if I can get an appointment to talk to my pastor.

#51594 - 07/26/04 05:49 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Newhope,
Can I also thank you for reminding me that I don't have any problems? That we all need to be grateful.

You are a wonderful testament to God's way of living, to faith that's been tested, and to the strength of your love for not only your family, but for the God that loves you as well. You are my gentle reminder.

I'm sending love your way thru prayer, and I know that God is with you every step of the way. We are as well.

We do love you and your family, as was stated, and we will surround you with that love and hope, again...thru our prayers.

I have personally experienced the care of Hospice volunteers for Daddy, and let me say that their kindess & love was unwavering. They immediately become family, and their devotion to the patient and the family is instant and comes without a timetable. It's true...they are angels on earth. God bless you all.

Love,
JJ

#51595 - 07/26/04 11:17 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

JawJaw, we all have problems, but we are also all blessed, aren't we? I think that sometimes we experience more of one than the other, that's all. Have you ever read James Dobson's book, 'When God Doesn't Make Sense'? I think it really explains the reality of life and the problems we are all destined to endure. Thank you so much for your kind words and especially for sending love through prayer - there is no better way to show love for another!

#51596 - 07/27/04 12:42 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
No I haven't read the book....yet. I made a note of it though. Thanks!

JJ

#51597 - 08/03/04 07:44 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

My "sort of weekly" update on Jordon: he appeared to be feeling well all of last week, and he got to spend some good time with his other grandmother, Nana. However, my daughter and I have both noticed that he has a new cry that sounds like his heart is broken. He started with this crying sound on Saturday and then I heard it again on Sunday morning just before leaving for church. He doesn't tell us if he's in pain, but I think this cry is an indication. We're asking the hospice nurse to come out and evaluate him - I hope she can come today because he may need some new medicine. My daughter believes that he's not using his left hand as he used to and I've noticed that he is losing his balance sometimes. We're still praying for that miracle! God is in control. Thanks for your continued prayers.

#51598 - 08/02/04 08:27 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Joyce: We're still praying and hoping for the best outcome. You are all in our hearts and prayers! May you find strength and comfort in the hands of the Divine Healer!

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved