The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#51578 - 07/13/04 05:59 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Joyce,

Will keep grandson, Jordan in my prayers. God will stay close to him, for He loves the little children.

God Bless,

#51580 - 07/16/04 05:39 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Joyce,
You have so much love coming your way for you and your family. We are all holding you all in our hearts. I hope you feel it.

JJ

#51581 - 07/17/04 03:59 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Newhope, my sister recieved some devastating news about her unborn child, my neice. Well, I took it to a great chat forum very similar to this one. I got many responses as you have from wonderful people that genuinely cared and prayed with us.

The doctors hinted at a live birth abortion because she was only five months at the time. We all decided that however this child of God's came out, we'd care for her anyway. It turned out that she was born July 3rd, very healthy, just a wee bit small.

Prayers work! I reported back to the group of women on the chat forum and got many Amens. Now what I've decided to do, if it's ok with the ladies that posted prayers and supporting word, is to print those responses out and put them in her baby book.

My prayers are with you and your family as well. Keep the faith and give Jordan a kiss from someone that also cares for him.

Sugaree

#51582 - 07/19/04 01:51 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Sugaree,
That's wonderful news about your niece - I am so happy that that all went well with the birth! What a wonderful idea to add the responses to her baby book! I know that God does answer our prayers all the time, so I'm holding on to the hope that He can help Jordon, while bringing glory to Himself.

Thanks to everyone who sends so much love and prayers our way! We are so grateful!

Love,

#51583 - 07/19/04 03:02 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
This site is full of loving women of faith. God hears our prayers. We are praying and believing for Jordon and for your entire family.
I hope you can wrap yourself in the love and prayers of the many people who are praying for you and be at peace.
smile

#51584 - 07/19/04 03:32 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thank you, Newhope. All 'we' can do is let His will be done.

Amen!

#51585 - 07/24/04 07:13 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Newhope: How is little Jordon doing? I think of him every day and pray that God will let us see another miracle for the glory of his name.

Sugaree: I'm glad for your niece. thank God for his miracles.

My cousin had a baby girl who is now 9 yrs. old. While pregnant,in the first trimester, she was told that she had cancer and needed to make a decision whether to have the baby or have an abortion so she could start cancer treatment. Of course, it was devastating! Her own mom was struggling with breast cancer already! She decided to continue with the pregnancy. As you can imagine, there was nothing to do but pray and trust God.

Thank God that she decided to keep the baby. For all I know, the beautiful girl is healthy as can be and, [Confused] the cancer? It must have been a miracle; cause my cousin is doing perfectly well and with NO need of any treatment at all!

[ July 23, 2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

#51586 - 07/24/04 07:51 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Now that's a miraculous story! No need for treatment at all? The cancer went away? If I understand you right, that was a miracle...she was actually healed with faith!

Newhope, how is Jordan? Did you give him that peck on the cheek for me?

Keep us updated. My prayers are still with you too.

Sugaree

#51587 - 07/24/04 05:21 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Thank you all for your wonderfully encouraging words and for asking for an update. Your posts have really helped me through what I believe is the worst time in my life so far (and that's 58 years' worth so far). But in spite of what we're living with (Jordon and my daughter share the house with my husband and I), I continue find peaceful, loving moments in my heart, where I know that God loves us still. I bought a wonderful book that has a CD with a song called "I Love You This Much" and we sit on the sofa and I "sing" the book to Jordon every evening after I get home from work. He isn't very active right now and likes to watch Thomas the Tank Engine videos and read books a lot. The reason he's not moving around so much is because of the steroids - they made him so heavy so quickly, and it really is hard to watch him breathing so hard when he exerts himself. His little body wasn't made to carry 10 extra pounds, gained over a period of 3 weeks! But ... he's still the remarkable child he's always been - loving and smart and just plain adorable! I continue to pray for the miracle, but hospice care has started and some very nice people are coming to our house - a nurse, a chaplain, a volunteer just to play with Jordon while Robin gets to go clean the bathroom or whatever she needs to do. They are truly wonderful people who bless us, and I thank God for them and all of you who continue to hold us up in prayer.

#51588 - 07/25/04 07:04 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

newhope, I'm sure this is the toughest thing you've ever lived through. I'm sending prayers and thoughts your way.

I'm heartbroken to think that hospice has to be involved so soon. I must say thogh that in my opiniion hospice workers are God's angels on earth.

Knowing he likes to be read to, there are some lovely books of prayers for children. It might be nice to read some of them to him while he's resting. Just a thought.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved