The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#51567 - 06/29/04 03:29 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Thanks, Wizard and Songbird! I probably won't log in again for a week or so while we're away so I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for us.

#51568 - 07/05/04 02:41 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Joyce: I pray that your trip is going well and that Jordon enjoys every minute of it. I know you'll enjoy it if he does! God bless! and.. "see" you soon. [Smile]

#51569 - 07/05/04 04:18 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Looking forward to hearing about the trip. [Wink]

#51570 - 07/06/04 03:50 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thinking about this sweet child makes me feel ashamed to be afraid of being ill. I am a coward with nothing that compares to his trials and tribulations. I don't know what else to say except to hope God forgives me my weakness's. God bless Jordan and his family.

#51571 - 07/06/04 04:09 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh Chatty, please don't be ashamed of feeling afraid and scared. I know God understands. We're all afraid when we're sick and He can use your recovery as well as your fear to show us that He is our God and He still performs miracles.
Your recovery proves to me that the women on this site are on God's Hotline for sure. And we're all praying for Jordon just as we prayed for you. God still performs miracles.

I have involved my husband in praying for folks on here. I don't tell him all we say online for sure, but when someone needs prayer as Chatty did, we pray for them at dinner. It helps draw us closer toghther and we see miracles all the time.

Tonight we prayed for Jordon.
smile

#51572 - 07/07/04 07:00 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Joyce/newhope, you'll be happy to know I received a prayer request for your grandson through my church. Small world! I'll e-mail you to see if we can figure out who the contact was.

We prayed for him this morning.

We typically meet on Mondays, but when a holiday falls on Monday, we meet Tuesdays.

Ladies, FYI...Joyce and I only know one another through the forums. There sure must be lots of people praying for them. [Big Grin]

#51573 - 07/11/04 07:02 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Hi everyone - thought I'd let you know that we returned from FL late Wednesday night. We were held up at Jacksonville Airport because of severe thunderstorms in Baltimore. Jordon did very well, though, waiting at the airport for 3-1/2 hours. He just played with his "Thomas the Tank Engine" friends and we read him some stories and got him lots of food. Wow - those steroids have made him into an eating machine, and he has gained so much weight that he scarcely looks like the same child. He still has that one dimple in his left cheek, though. He has already developed stretch marks on his tummy and his face has broken veins from being stretched so much so quickly. You can also see that he's not breathing as easily because of the extra weight he's carrying. The hospice nurse came to talk to us at home yesterday, and I believe that she and her organization will be a help to us through this time.

Our time in Florida was restful and relaxing, and our family was able to spend good quality time at the beach and the pool while visiting with a couple of relatives. One of the people we visited was my husband's Uncle George, who is terminally ill with cancer, after a 3-year battle. So it was very tough seeing him (at age 73) with Jordon (age 3) sitting there together on the sofa, knowing that they wouldn't be with us much longer - unless God chooses to intervene. Thank you all so much for your prayers; I know they're seeing us through and I'm extremely grateful.

Dotsie, it was really heartening to know that you had received a prayer request for Jordon through your church. We've heard of people in different parts of the world and certainly this country who have received prayer requests through other prayer chains. The Holy Spirit is definitely at work here, and I'm so grateful that I am aware of the comfort He can bring to us.

Songbird, I wanted you to know that I got the CD you recommended by the Heritage Singers and the song you suggested about prayer ministered to my heart as I returned home from work yesterday. Riding in the car during my 45 minute commute each way to and from work is the hardest time of the day for me - so I try to listen to uplifting music or Christian radio so that I don't dwell on the negative.

#51574 - 07/11/04 04:57 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Newhope:
I'm sooo glad to know that you all had a good time in Florida! Praise the Lord! He is GOOD!

I'm also glad to know you enjoyed the Heritage Singers Music CD. That particular song is just a wonderful reminder of how the Holy Spirit works,and how God takes care of us all.

[Confused] (for those of you who don't have a clue what we're talking about... I recommended "SOMEONE IS PRAYING FOR YOU"-by the Heritage Singers)

I will continue to pray that God will see Jordon and all your family through this difficult time. He still works miracles every day. Let's continue to wait upon the Lord!

WELCOME BACK!!! WE MISSED YOU. (Hugs) [Smile]

#51576 - 07/11/04 09:48 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Newhope glad you are back and enjoyed the trip.
So happy you do have Hospice involved. Keep us posted please and know you are in my prayers.
Thanks,
Maggie

#51577 - 07/13/04 12:09 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks for the update. How long does he need to be on the steroids?

If you live in the Baltimore area try listening to 95.1 on your FM dial. The music will keep the positive thoughts coming.

Still praying for all!

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved