The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#51557 - 06/21/04 08:32 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Joyce:

My heart is aching to know that such a young life is hurting so much. We do not understand the reason for such an innocent child's suffering. [Frown]

You are all in our prayers and God has not forsaken you nor Jordan! He loves you all very much! You are all precious in His eyes!

Although it is difficult to understand why things happen, lets not forget that God created each of us for a purpose. Long before our birth, we were on his mind for a reason. Psalms 138:8 states that "God will fulfill His purpose in me". And God will fulfill His purpose in Jordan too. He works in mysterious ways and only He knows the end since the beginning.

But lets keep in mind that in the midst of the storm He is with us. His love surrounds us. Our Savior weeps with us and comforts us. He is near you at this time of questions without answers.

Although your faith is being tested, keep your eyes in Jesus. Never forget to praise Him [Smile] . And remember that you are children of God-there is nothing imposible for Him. If His eye notices the leaves that fall... He is watching over little Jordan and each of you in love. He is your strength, your ONLY HOPE.

Through life's ups and downs we must learn to trust God wholeheartedly. Never give up on Jesus!
We will continue to pray for Jordon and all your family in this time of great need.

May the Lord give you strength, peace, rest, and healing as you continue to put your trust in the ONE WHO NEVER FAILS!

Joyce, please email me.

#51558 - 06/22/04 08:27 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
songbird, touching words! [Wink] Great advice for anyone going through a tough time. [Wink]

#51559 - 06/24/04 09:41 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I am so saddened to hear this. No child should have to suffer that much.

As a sidebar: Lynn, I'm so happy to hear that John's scans are clear. Does that mean he's in remission now?

#51560 - 06/25/04 01:49 AM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Meredith,

The first year is very tenuous for pancreatic cancer so remission is a strong word for John's current state.

There is no sign of mestatsis but pancreatic cancer typically kills 90% during the first year.

85% have it return within three years and he has 50% shot of living 5 years. I hate stats but this is the scorecard. We are holding out the faith that we are in the successful 50%.

And God Bless Jordan.

Lynn

#51561 - 06/25/04 06:00 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Everyone, Just wanted to send an update that Jordon seems to be feeling better on the steroids. They reduced the dosage on Tuesday when he went in for a checkup at Hopkins. He had a good day yesterday with two of his 4-year-old boy friends and their baby siblings who came to visit. He was able to stay active all day, but he fell asleep early last night and slept well through the night. I wanted to ask you all to pray for us beginning next Tuesday, 6-29, when we leave for an 8-day vacation in Palm Coast, Florida. I would pray that Jordon will feel well the whole time we're gone and that it not be necessary to take him into a strange medical setting for any reason. We all need a time of rest and relaxation right now and we're staying with relatives who care about us very much. Thanks again, friends.

#51562 - 06/25/04 06:20 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Joyce:
We will continue to pray for Jordon and all your family. Remember to "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart" Psalms 37:4. [Smile]

Lynn:
We are also praying for you and your husband. Trust in the Lord with all thy heart. Please remember: " Oh Lord, you know what I long for; you hear all my groans" Psalms 38:9 [Smile]

#51563 - 06/25/04 08:11 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Garrie,

Thanks for sharing that information with Joyce. Also for giving hope.

Joyce, I'm happy to pray for a lovely, uneventful vacation for you and your family. Count on it!

I'm grateful you are willing to come and ask for prayer.

#51564 - 06/28/04 05:09 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
newhope Offline

Loc: Palm Coast, FL
Dotsie and all, I've found over the years that prayer is the only thing that strengthens and sustains me. Thank you all so much. A bit of an update - we took Jordon to a prayer service at our church last night and it was obvious that he was actually "absorbing" the prayer as dozens of people stretched out their hands toward and our pastor anointed him with oil. He just stood there, enthralled and extremely still and quiet. There were probably more than a hundred people there, including a lot of young people, all of whom came forward and knelt around the altar as our pastor prayed and read the verses from the book of James about the elders of the church praying and anointing those who were suffering. When we left and were walking to the car, his mom holding one hand and me holding the other, he started jumping every couple of steps and laughing. That proved to me that he was energized by the prayer, and I personally feel like my heart is made of flesh again and not of stone - the weight has been lifted.

#51565 - 06/28/04 06:59 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Joyce,
I am late getting to the prayer circle here, but add one more going up for Jordan and your whole family. Enjoy your trip to Florida, and each other.

#51566 - 06/28/04 09:51 PM Re: Our grandson, Jordon
Songbird Offline

Dear Joyce:
May you have a wonderful trip and may you enjoy each other in this family trip. I pray that Jordon enjoys God's power and restoration. We wil continue to pray for you all!

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved