The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5080 - 12/20/05 05:37 PM Re: Wiped out, no where to turn..........
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Deb, don't give up, but maybe you should take a break. Back off and see what happens. Pray for your daughter's heart to soften. I will do the same.

#5081 - 12/20/05 07:28 PM Re: Wiped out, no where to turn..........
Deb Offline

Loc: Southwest Virginia
I do think you are right. It's very hard but I also feel that I have a right to have a good life, and if they are hurting me then I should back away. I hope the grandchildren will remember me. My daughter and her husband have not been to visit us in five years. We would go and pick up the kids and bring them to stay with us over holiday and summer school vacations.
I know I said my husband is a rice cake. He is really a very good man, I just cannot understand his lack of emotion when I am in such turmoil. He is trying. He does not want to cause any more waves because he wants to keep an avenue open to see the grandchildren. He is right, but I do believe they will shut him out as soon as they think they have a reason to be angry with him. I am just thankful that I found this website. I am doing well right now, but whenever there is any contact with them I go down hill again. Thanks again.

#5082 - 12/21/05 08:46 AM Re: Wiped out, no where to turn..........
ladybug Offline

Deb, by cutting you out of their lives this gives them their own reason to think they don't have to pay you back.

I would leave them alone for awhile too. They are treating you like a doormat because they know they are wrong for not honoring their fiscal responsibilities.

My husband never likes to make waves with others who treat us poorly. It use to irk me too but people just do not bother him and he's able to laugh off people like this.

These really are thoughtless, rude people. I think they would at least have their children write thank you notes for the gifts you send them. I'd stop any gifts there too. If you feel you must have contact with your grandchildren send them a card with a short note asking them about their lives.

Your grandchildren are fast coming to the age where they'll be able to see who's wrong here just as I finally did. I saw that my own mom was wrong in how she treated her family and my dad's side of the family.

You're a good person, just keep up your faith.

[ December 20, 2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved