The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#50116 - 09/11/05 01:15 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Hi JJ, My daughter and I didn't get any leading parts but it's a very fun musical, so we're going to be in the Chorus. It's called Four Tickets to Christmas, about a vaudeville family in 1905 that goes home to the farm and puts on a Christmas show. Thanks for your prayers. The pastor was there today when we were visiting my Mom...we had a nice prayer with her. And he said he understood how tough it was to visit and that I had been doing everything I could...and not to fret about it. Karen

#50117 - 09/11/05 08:32 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Dr. Karen: My prayers continue. You are doing the best you can amidst a very difficult situation. I pray for your mom's health and for strength for you.

Although you may not think you're doing enough, your care and concern for her wellbeing are a blessing for her and a great example for those around you.

There is a sense of satisfaction in knowing that you are there for her, no matter what. Your love shows and that is far more important than anything else.

Blessings for all!

#50118 - 09/11/05 08:34 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
oh... and I am glad you're participating in the musical. Keep us posted. We'll be cheering for you two!

#50119 - 09/24/05 06:58 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

They called this morning (Sat Sept 24) from the nursing home and think that Mom will be leaving us today or tomorrow. My daughter and I will go over and try to be with her on this last journey...one she has anticipated with joy throughout her life as a Christian. Your prayers for all of us will be appreciated. Karen

#50120 - 09/25/05 03:27 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Doctor Karen, My prayers are for you and your family. I pray that your Mom's journey is a peaceful one. God bless you.
Andria

#50121 - 09/25/05 07:57 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

Thanks Chicadee, Mom passed away at noon today. We had been there all morning singing her favorite hymns to her even though she couldn't respond to us. Then hospice came and gave her some medication to calm her and ease her journey. We went to get more meds and have lunch and they called us that she had passed. But we had the blessing that our pastor had arrived just moments before her passing and was with her. He stayed and prayed with us. Now she's where she has always wanted to be...with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We're hoping to have a small memorial service next Sunday. I thank all of you for your prayers, Karen

#50122 - 09/25/05 09:14 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I join Chickadee and the others on here in praying for you and your family at this time. Though it is difficult it must be a comfort to know your mother is pain free and at peace with Jesus.

smile

#50123 - 09/26/05 01:33 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Sad to hear of your Mom's passing Dr. Karen. She will of course always be "there" for you - but now she's moved on to grace Heaven just as she graced your life for over 90 years. I absolutely have you in my prayers as do many of us here in your "Boomer Home".....I wish you peace.

#50124 - 09/26/05 04:06 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
May God welcome here with his arms of love. Praying for you all.

#50125 - 09/26/05 05:52 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

Thank you all for your continued prayers. My daughter and I are trying to support each other. It was hard having to go back today and move all her things out of the nursing home (they don't cut you any slack at these establishments). I'm exhausted from hauling stuff to the Goodwill and the dump. No men in the family...at least not around. At least I can take a short bereavement leave from work. A lot of financial details to take care of and a small memorial service to plan. I know most of you have been through similar. Part of life. Karen

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved