The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#50106 - 08/21/05 08:31 AM Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

Loc: San Francisco
My stepfather (also 91) died mid-July and then 10 days ago my mother fell and snapped her femur in two. I didn't think she'd survive the surgery a week ago, but the good Lord decided it wasn't time for her to go yet. She kept saying she wanted to have "lunch with Jesus". She has been a devote Christian all of her life (as have I) and sometimes it is hard to understand about this kind of suffering. So I ask your prayers for both of us...to reduce her pain, help restore her mind (very foggy from medications), and some serenity for me as I go through this while working full-time. The silver lining was that my 32 year old son who had not been talking to me for several months called when he found out about his Grandma and allowed me to talk to my sweet little grandson. And my darling daughter (28) returned from France for good and is living with me (the cat just wasn't a very good listener!!) My prayers for all of you on this forum too. Karen

#50107 - 08/21/05 10:14 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Doctor Karen, I am sorry to hear about your step-dad's passing. My prayers are for you, your dear Mom, your children and grandchildren. Please keep us posted.
chick

#50108 - 08/22/05 02:47 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

Chickadee, Thanks so much. Mom's recovery is quite slow due to the severity of her injury and her age. I will keep you posted. Karen

#50109 - 08/25/05 05:14 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Doctor Karen: I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. May the peace that surpasses understanding fill your soul as you tend to your mother's needs. May you cherish the blessings of having your children by your side and may the loving hand of Jesus restore your mom.

Everyday is a challenge, but every day we can see God's mercy in small and big ways.

#50110 - 08/26/05 07:41 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

Thanks everyone for your prayers. Mom is back at her nursing home, off the catheter, sitting up in her wheelchair an hour a day, and clearing mentally now that she's off all the pain meds. It is a great relief and an answer to prayer that the worst of the suffering is over. Karen

#50111 - 09/06/05 05:14 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
chickadee Offline

Doctor Karen, I am glad to hear the good news about your dear Mom. How is your son doing these days?
Andria

#50112 - 09/07/05 12:35 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Family is a treasure.

Still praying for your family, Doctor Karen. Take care of yourself too. It's hard to do so when dealing with the many challenges of each day. But it is a must if you want to continue giving of yourself to them.
Blessings!

#50113 - 09/07/05 02:27 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Doctor Karen,
Forgive me for not posting sooner. I have just seen this post!

I truly admire anyone who takes such good care of their parents. To me it was/has been the greatest honor! I can feel the love for yours pouring out of your post. Bless you.

How is your Mom now? I see that the last we heard was 25th August. I was just wondering how she is fairing. Please let us know when you can, and I'm adding her to my prayer list.

My best,
JJ

#50114 - 09/07/05 10:51 AM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
Doctor Karen Offline

Thank you all for your prayers. Mom started to recover from the broken leg and then about 10 days ago perhaps had a stroke. Her personality is changed, can't remember simple things like chewing and using a spoon, very discouraged, finds it takes too much energy to talk in complete sentences (this from a woman who got a B.A. in political science from the University of Chicago in 1937). She just wants to "have lunch with Jesus". It is very painful to see her this way. I think we are just praying for release for her although that may not come anytime soon. All quality of life is gone. Both my daughter (28) and I are finding it very difficult to visit her...it's so sad and she resists efforts even to have us help feed her. The only bright spot in all of this is that my son is speaking to me again because of the tragedy and I'll see my grandsons sometime in September. So appreciate your continuing prayers for our family. My daughter and I just tried out tonight for the Christmas musical (big deal professional type production)...so maybe that will be an upper for us. Take care all, Karen

#50115 - 09/07/05 03:43 PM Re: Prayers for my 91 year old mother...and me!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Bless your hearts Karen.

I can so relate to everything you've described, believe me. I will be offering prayers for your Mother, along with ones for you and your children. You are doing everything you can. Its hard to watch our love ones go down daily, right in front of our eyes! I pray for peace for you all.

I also wish you the best of luck in getting the parts you desire in the musical! That is so cool. Let us know how that comes out.

JJ

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved