The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#49550 - 01/07/06 09:44 AM Re: Prayer for Southwest
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Thank you all for the prayers.

We need rain so badly or maybe some snow from Eagle. Just any kind of moisture that would slow down the blazes all around us. Many of the fires are in rural areas with volunteer fire departments and on Indian land. The firemen are exhausted, but everyone is pulling together to douse the flames as fast as possible and at least they are getting better at putting them out. Some still burn for days.

Hundreds of thousands of acres have burned and more than 200 structures. Many farms have been lost.

Please continue to pray for moisture in any form God deems right. They say no rain is in sight for two weeks. Each day the chance of fire becomes more likely.

smile

#49551 - 01/08/06 04:16 AM Re: Prayer for Southwest
smilinize Offline

Sorry to bring this up again, but we need prayer. There is a huge fire less than a mile from our house.

They have advised us all to stay inside and watch the progress on TV. We have the sprinklers on and have removed all the leaves near the house. We were going to a party tonight, but now we're afraid to leave.

Hopefully we will be safe, but the fires rage. It frightens me to see the flames so close.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

smile

#49552 - 01/08/06 04:23 AM Re: Prayer for Southwest
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Oh smile, that's awful! I will pray for you and your family right now. Wish you were close enough to come stay with us.
God will take care of you, you are His.
Wishing you peace and safety.
(((HUGS)))

#49553 - 01/08/06 04:31 AM Re: Prayer for Southwest
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is such a tragedy. Naure can be worse than all the terrorists put together as she just happens with no thought about when, where or how. I pray for you and your mom and for rain, lots of rain. We have these fires here in Nevada and have been suffering a draught for years now, our lake is down 60 feet, looks awful and the Marinas dried out and had to relocate further up stream. Lots of acres lost to fire too but for now its Oklahoma etc. Keep the sprinklers on and the roof wet thats what they told us to do when the fires were close. Praying hard for you all...

[ January 07, 2006, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#49554 - 01/08/06 05:41 AM Re: Prayer for Southwest
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Oh, smile, that is so awful. I'm praying you will be safe. I wish I could do more to help.

#49555 - 01/08/06 05:49 AM Re: Prayer for Southwest
smilinize Offline

Looks like the fire is almost out thanks to a lot of firemen and some volunteers who showed up with shovels and a backhoe while those of us who live here wet down our property. Dan went up and down the road to alert people.

We're still watching it on TV, but for now the nearest fire seems to be under control. It burned a playground and threatened a school, but no houses around here are in danger at this point. Around a hundred houses have been lost.

I'm tring to organize our precous documents so we can load them in the car in case we have to leave quickly.

I hope we can sleep tonight and there are no more fires.

smile

#49556 - 01/08/06 06:00 AM Re: Prayer for Southwest
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
What a relief, smile!
We are in a drought again here, too. We need some snow!

#49557 - 01/08/06 07:34 AM Re: Prayer for Southwest
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Smile........you have no idea how I wish I could send you all the rain we are getting here in the Pacific Northwest!!! Last year we had a draught, and this year it won't stop raining.
God.....I do wish I could send you some of this stuff.
My prayers are with you and all the others that are suffering thru this time.
Lynne

#49558 - 01/08/06 07:10 PM Re: Prayer for Southwest
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Smile, I have been watching the news where you are. My prayers for you still. We are fine for now here in my neck of the woods. I'll be checking in for an update.
Stay Safe.
Chick

#49559 - 01/08/06 07:48 PM Re: Prayer for Southwest
smilinize Offline

Chick,
I hope you are vigilant. The fires are everywhere. If you are in an urban area, there might not be as much risk, but if a fire starts, there's almost no stopping it.

Be careful.
smile

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved