The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#4875 - 11/10/05 05:17 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
All this reminds me of one of the secret reasons we bought a four level "hangs off the side of the mountain" home, when my kids were teens. Nobody has ever admitted to it, but I KNOW part of the appeal was that our kids had an upper level all to themselves, including an open loft area, a shared bathroom, and two bedrooms. I used to tell my kids "I'll be inspecting on Wednesday" (or whatever day was three days from the announcement)and it was always clean when I went up there for inspection. BUT, I also went up there plenty when they weren't aware of it, and oh my gawd, it was a disaster area. I just never allowed my friends to see it, claiming it was the territory of the teens and we had agreed to respect their privacy. I laugh now , because this year my son bought a two-story, where the master and guest rooms are on the main floor, but the kids rooms are upstairs (along with an open family room and individual baths.) I asked him why he bought such a big house and he answered, "Like you don't know!"

#4876 - 11/10/05 09:20 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Lilac, that seems to be the way it goes. My MIL made her kids pick up after themselves and now they are all slobs!!! My mom used to do all the housework and my bros and I are ALL neat and organized!!! Bizarro world.

#4877 - 11/10/05 09:25 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have to laugh at this post because I can't figure it out either.

One of my rules is that I liked the first floor to remain orderly. Their rooms can be a mess, but I wanted the living room, dining room, den, porch (my office), and kitchen to look decent. Every day presents a different definition of decent!

#4878 - 11/10/05 09:37 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Bluebird Offline

That's what I do, too, Dotsie. The "common areas" (meaning where guests may see!!)need to stay fairly clean and clutter free. The kids' rooms are their territory.
The different definitions of decent depend on who's defining it and how much time we have to deal with it, right?

#4879 - 11/12/05 05:14 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Stella Offline

Loc: Central New York
I raised 3 sons, no girls. They were slobs. Any pity ? But ....my friends with girls say girls may be even worse lol ! [Smile]

#4880 - 11/12/05 11:57 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
My husband is an absolute slob!!! They didn't have a clothes hamper growing up & mine thinks ours is to store things on top of!!!

My old manager was also quite messy!!! We always teased that we were going to call his wife and ask if he's as messy at home!!!

My husband suddenly will need a scrap of paper with the number 2 on it after I throw it out months later!!!!!!!!! [Razz]

#4881 - 11/13/05 12:18 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Bluebird Offline

Kay your husband sounds like mine!! He has gotten better over the years (training, ya know!) but the thing with the scrap of paper hit home!! LOL

#4882 - 11/13/05 04:59 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Slobs...both of my twins now 25 have the most unimaginable living conditions (their rooms)...you need a toxic chemical suit to even enter.
FYI...they were not raised to be the pigs they have grown to be.

They both reside in the basement, so I just shut the downstairs door...and try not to think to hard about it! [Eek!]

#4883 - 11/14/05 08:22 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Bluebird, exactly!

Yep, I wonder if they would be so sloppy if they had a place of their own...

#4884 - 11/13/05 09:14 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I often wondered that myself Dotsie. Time will tell.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved