The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#4865 - 11/09/05 04:04 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
My son was a horrible slob and after he was in high school, i just kept his BR door shut. Since he's been married, he's shaped up a lot - or maybe his wife picks up after him. He does help her with laundry and cooking.

After he moved in with his wife, I stopped in and caught him cutting out coupons from the paper - it was all I could do to keep from cracking up! I seemed like 2 weeks before, he couldn't manage to pick up his own socks.

Daisygirl

#4866 - 11/09/05 07:31 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
jj, you are right, although i quit doing a lot of things for them in high school. i got sick of walking on the clothes i had just washed and folded so they had to start doing their own laundry. i quit cleaning their rooms, too. it's not that i never tried to teach them how to clean up after themselves, they just didn't listen and they always worked outside with their dad so much (dairy farm) that i would end up feeling sorry for them and do things they should have been doing.

#4867 - 11/09/05 07:32 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
oh, yeah - they both turned out to be wonderful, caring young men so the slob part i can live with!

#4868 - 11/10/05 08:22 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
I grew up during "Women's Lib" so my son and daughter were raised as equally as I could, but I noticed that once my son got married, he let his wife start taking over all the chores. It infuriated me! Well, once their kids were born, and now that his wife is ill, I notice that my son has slipped back into taking care of things as if he had never taken that little break, courtesy of his wife.
I think it lends creedence to the theory that they fall into "let somebody else clean up after me" simply because they can. Which means, ladies, that those of us who continue to facilitate these behaviors are our own worst enemy. [Roll Eyes]

#4869 - 11/09/05 09:53 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I have a son and a daughter. Both were equal oportunity slobs. [Big Grin]

#4870 - 11/09/05 10:04 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#4871 - 11/09/05 10:34 PM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Now that my oldest has his own place, he's much neater when he visits us.
Now if I could only get the 15 year old to get his own place........

#4872 - 11/10/05 04:23 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My eldest son has raised with his wife, her two kids and their child together. My son is the cook, the lauderer, the house keeper and the yardsman. Besides working a full time job...He is a clean freak, literally and she has learned to just let him do it. He credits me with being the one who taught him all this cleanliness...WELL let me tell you when he was living at home with me, he was the messiest person alive. Old food cans and pizza boxes molding under his bed, socks so dirty they stood up all alone, and those gym shoes are a story in and of themselves. So exactly when did this strange man dispose of my real son, and who is this guy????? [Eek!]

#4873 - 11/10/05 04:29 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
That's the "who are you and what have you done with my son??" line I give to mine when they do something out of character - in other words...human!

#4874 - 11/10/05 08:26 AM Re: Why don't boys know how to....?
Lilac Butterfly Offline

Loc: Plains, Ga.
I raised 2 sons. I MADE them make their beds, pick up their dirty clothes if they wanted them washed, put down the toilet seat, learn to cook and do their own laundry (when they were old enough. They started washing dishes when they were 7 years old. I never backed down from my "rules". Now that they're on their own, they don't do anything!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved