The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47346 - 10/24/03 04:31 PM Re: Christmas food?
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
oh my god! I've been making pulled pork all these years and had no idea! [Big Grin] [Razz]

#47347 - 11/01/03 03:48 PM Re: Christmas food?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Julie, do you want some recipes? And if so, what for? Just let me know.....

#47348 - 11/08/03 10:23 AM Re: Christmas food?
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
We had enchiladas for dinner one year and my family loved it. I made a few dozen the day or so before and popped them in the oven right before we wanted them. That with some freshly made flour tortilla stips and guacamole and sour cream.

No wonder I'm on Atkins.....everything I've mentioned tonight is full of carbs. But oh so delicious.

#47349 - 12/10/04 08:43 AM Re: Christmas food?
Kristin Offline

We had rouladen on Christmas eve for many years. It's Dutch/German with red cabbage wrapped in beef and red onion and...con't remember now but it was a recipe from my great-grandmother.

#47350 - 12/10/04 06:05 AM Re: Christmas food?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Kristin or whoever asked, be sure to open that can of beer first or it could and will probably explode...I am having Christmas at my son's home but am bringing something special. He is having a huge ham and all that goes with it. I am making a roast and Italian sausage with peppers. This is wonderful mad eahead so you don't miss any of the party. Make the roast as you always do only poke a knife into it in several places (when raw) and insert this mixture: I tbls. of lard, two crushed garlic bulbs, and 1/2 a tsp. of Italian seasoning. Mash it all up and push it into the knife holes. It will permiate the roast flavoring it. Once its done set it aside to cool. Saving the juices. Now grill or pan fry (lightly) either regular Italian or turkey italian sausage. When nearly done add several large sliced up green peppers and a big slice onion. Remove sausage.... Once the mixture is done, soft, set it aside. Take the roast drippings and add water and a beef boullion cube to it stirring steadily then add Wondra to thicken slightly. Now add a tbls. of maple pancake syrup, yes that's right, then slice the roast, add your sausage and the pepper and onion mixture and cover and let slow cook. It gets so tender and makes wonderful sandwiches on a good hard roll.....It's something different. [Big Grin]

#47351 - 12/10/04 06:49 AM Re: Christmas food?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty or any of you. I want to cook my Tennessee Boy some Southern food for Christmas. I'm Canadian... 'nuf said?

JJ got any suggestions and Diane you're from TN, anything to offer?

Now I want to impress (lol) the 'ol boy so bring out the big guns, ladies.

He loves my Canadian cooking but I want to surprise him with a good old Southern Christmas dinner.

I need recipes for the following for sure:

Corn bread dressing in a pan? (corn bread recipe too I guess)
Pecan Pie?
Sweet potatoe pie?

and any other great additions you might want to share. [Smile]

Thanks for your help.

#47352 - 12/11/04 05:51 AM Re: Christmas food?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chickadee rather than take alot of time typing in the recipes I have you might try:
www.cooking.com and then at the very top hit the recipe slot and then you can type in whatever you're looking for and they should have it there, you can print and save it too. I also type in www.recipes.com but still come up on the same page....Good hunting. [Wink]

#47353 - 12/11/04 07:41 AM Re: Christmas food?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I think I have one for sweet potato pie and biscuts. Will check ...

Nancy Sorry a mistype .

[ December 11, 2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#47354 - 12/11/04 10:42 PM Re: Christmas food?
Kristin Offline

I find it interesting that people here say sweet potatoe pie the way it used to be spelled when Dan Quayle got in trouble for it [Smile] My sister was an intern pre-Monica in Quayle's office and liked him. Even went to a Christmas party at his house!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved