The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#47220 - 06/05/06 04:13 PM Re: Decadent Chocolate Fingers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I made them and they were a hit. I recall getting more than 12. I must have cut mine smaller which worked because they are very rich...and very good!

#47221 - 06/07/06 02:38 AM Re: Decadent Chocolate Fingers
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
They diappeared! Just like that! Eagle, are they kind of like an "Eatmore" Bar? I am making another batch for the evening shift girls who didn't get to the luncheon. They can't wait. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Dotsie, I cut mine about 1" sq and got plenty from one batch also.
Oh, BTW Eagle, I bought some foil pans to make them in. Great for more than one batch.
chick

[ June 06, 2006, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#47222 - 06/07/06 03:01 AM Re: Decadent Chocolate Fingers
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chick, I'm so glad they worked out okay! That's a good idea about the foil pans - I'll pick up a few at the dollar store next time I'm over there.

I haven't tasted an Eatmore bar since I was a little kid. I remember them as being more sticky and gooey than these things.

I do cut my squares too big...if I don't, hubby will eat two small ones, so by cutting them slightly bigger, he'll only eat one, which is slightly less than two smaller ones. He's diabetic and is supposed to watch his intake, but since he DOES eat these things, I at least try to limit how much he eats at one time. Since his sugar level has been stable and healthy for several months now, I'm not too concerned.

What I feel really badly about is that I gave my brother a whole batch of them a few months ago. I love him so much and just wanted to delight him with a special treat. He devoured them; it really bothered me at the time how little willpower he had, and how I had "enabled" this unhealthy binge. Two weeks ago he took himself to emergency and discovered he's diabetic with his blood sugar hovering at 24! So no more decadent anythings for him for awhile!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved