The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#46911 - 05/18/05 10:49 PM Re: the gospels
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, you point out listening. That's so important. I also appreciate your reminder that we go nowhere alone.

Julie, thanks for pointing this out. This is something I haven't experimented with. I frequent www.christianwomentoday.com and receive some email devotionals, but I've never really searched Biblical truth online. Thanks for the idea.

#46912 - 05/19/05 12:03 AM Re: the gospels
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Maybe everyone knows, but I love www.crosswalk.com. There is so much information there it is astounding. You can search ten or fifteen different versions of the Bible for a phrase or a word. You can look up any passage by book and verse. You can view several different versions at the same time. You can access commentaries and sermon helps and all kinds of things.
You can also get various devotionals emailed to you daily. I love the ones I get.
And it's all free.
smile

#46913 - 05/19/05 08:35 PM Re: the gospels
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, thanks. I added it to my favorites. I'd never been on that site before.

#46914 - 05/19/05 11:11 PM Re: the gospels
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Smile, It is a great site. I sent it to my daughters. Thanks for sharing it with us.

chick

#46915 - 05/25/05 09:43 PM Re: the gospels
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, Smile. Great site. I've been there reading for an hour now.

Dotsie, I'm behind on my reading again with all that's going on but I'll catch up and post re: Matthews soon.

Good Day!

#46916 - 05/26/05 06:39 PM Re: the gospels
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Dotsie, so slacking on reading Matthew...I seem to be absorbed in Proverbs and Psalms right now - but that is what my life needs at this moment - praises and wisdom to be a better mom to my stepdaughter and open my eyes to more needs of my family.

I am reading the posts though and making note of yours and others observations.

#46917 - 05/27/05 07:32 AM Re: the gospels
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm still doing the "Matthew thing" and lovin' it. I'll keep working my way through the Gospels this summer. Got to have something to keep me on the right path...

#46918 - 06/04/05 02:48 AM Re: the gospels
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Smile, thanks for the crosswalk site.

Dots, I've often wondered <and made the mistake of actually asking someone one time...I was roundly put down for my question <g>> does God want us to tithe Him 10% of our time? That would be 2.4 hours each day. I've read that Augustine said his day was so full and busy he didn't dare start out without praying for 4 hours first!

I make the attempt to read 5 chapters of the Bible every morning. My Daddy teaches by example and he's read the Bible through every year, for 40 years. He starts in January and he's finished by mid-November so he reads a chapter here and there until it's time to start again in January. Mom "does" Bible studies but she also is in the Word every day...great examples, both of them.

I do know this...when I've not taken time to read the Bible in the mornings, people can tell it the rest of the day...unfortunately. God keeps me centered and focused on Him and when I fail to put my effort into centering and focusing on Him...my attitude goes tidy bowl.

#46919 - 06/04/05 02:55 AM Re: the gospels
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
The most important thing I had to say was my favorite chapter in all the Bible is Psalm 116. I gave some Bibles to a new Russia girlfriend and told her Psalm 116 was my favorite. A few weeks after we returned home, the rebels killed a lot of students in a classroom. Ekatarina e-mailed me and said she had frequently read Psalm 116 and it had also brought her comfort.

I love knowing that people all over the world are reading Scripture and praying to God. I love knowing there's that connection.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved