The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 79 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#4674 - 01/18/06 07:10 AM Re: Christmas dilemma
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Hi Ladybug,
Yes my son wrote the letter. I put together a press release and mailed it off to newspapers. For those who don't know my son wanted me to put a letter in the newspapers telling people how to avoid being a victim of property crime. He used to break into houses to get stuff to sell to feed his drug habit. That is why he is in jail. Anyway one large newspaper called me back and will print the letter plus wants to interview him. I hope he finds this experience helpful as he is making an effort in his own way to try to do something to help others. Basically protect themselves from people like him (or should I say like he was)
Everything is great, thanks although I miss my son he is paying his debt to society and will hopefully learn from this very difficult situation he finds himself in. And no, he is not adjusting very well at all which is quite upsetting.
Thanks for asking.
Kate

#4675 - 01/18/06 07:22 PM Re: Christmas dilemma
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kate, thanks for the update. He is certainly making great strides if he wants to reach out and help people. I hope they interview him. I think it would make him feel good about himself. Perhaps he can be a role model for others in jail.

How is your mother's heart?

I know two women who have children in jail right now. I know it hurts. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

#4676 - 01/18/06 07:49 PM Re: Christmas dilemma
ladybug Offline

Thanks for answering Kate. I agree with Dotsie that writing the article for the newspaper is a positive step in helping him to feel good about himself.

I think he just needs to know that he still has your love and support even if he did get a bit side-tracked on his journey of life.

I would think jail is hard to adjust to. My nephew described his cell and I think such small confines day after day would drive a person batty.

Please keep us posted, my thoughts are with you because we all love our children and want them to be happy and successful. It has to be hard to know that at least for the time being, it's going to be rough for him to experience this. It will happen. It did for our nephew.

#4677 - 01/18/06 11:50 PM Re: Christmas dilemma
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
He seems to have turned his life around and wants to be a part of the positive side now, this is good and hopefully when he is once again a free man he will continue to walk on the positive side of life...Who better to learn property safety from than a person who use to be the unsafe element they needed to worry about...Sometimes a hard lesson is the best lesson.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved