The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#45980 - 10/17/05 03:48 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Searcher, thanks for the alzeimers comment, but I cheated. I couldn't remember if you were 51 (which would have made #1 the obvious lie) or 58, so searched your first posts to refresh my memory.

I've never knowingly met a celebrity, or even been in close proximity, unless you count the tour at Paramount Studios and seeing the cast of Star Trek Voyageur (sp) outside for a smoke break. That was cool, but fleeting.

#45981 - 10/17/05 05:38 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Oh.

And here I thought you had super/brain!

You know, that WAS an interesting time in my life. I lived in Paradise Valley, Montana. Just south of Livingston and just north of the north entrance to Yellowstone. Breathtakingly beautiful. And at that time (1976-77) there were MANY celebs who lived there. I think not only because it was Paradise, but because there was an unspoken rule that said they could come and go with no remark. No one paid them any mind whatsoever. Among them: John Wayne, Phyllis Diller, that Broderick author (can't remember his first name, but I went with my sister, 2 other women, and Ianthe Broderick {his daughter} into town (Bozeman) for our yearly papsmears, then to lunch after! And while all of us were waiting our "turn" we heard this blood curdling scream coming from my sister - the doctor had pinched her with the specula which was broken - can you imagine what WE were thinking? Also, there was Tom McWayne the screenwriter, Robert Redford (whom I never met) but frequented The Old Saloon - Margot Kidder (remember Superman I?), and that supporting actor guy whose name escapes me that was in every western movie ever made - what WAS his name - anyway, I had carrot cake at his house. Which was the very oddest compound of several dwellings, streams running in between with bridges over them - all built to look exactly like old cabins with tiny doors (you had to stoop to enter)and one room built on top of another. He only had wooden ladders to ascend from one floor to the next. But hidden behind old wooden cabinet doors would be all the modern conveniences - tv's, telephones, intercoms, automatic gate shutters. I'm telling you, this was strange. Even "the facilities" were in a different building made to look like an old outhouse. So you had to cross the bridges and wind your way thru' the compound to use them. Very surreal. But REALLY fun! And now I have stories to tell!

As usual, here I am taking up space - sorry - kind of,

Searcher

#45982 - 10/17/05 05:16 PM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
I wanna play! (Given the events in my life during the last few weeks, I'm ready to play anything!!!)

1. I was stung by a really big jellyfish
2. Elvis signed my shirt while I was wearing it
3. I delivered a baby in the back seat of a car

Fifty

#45983 - 10/17/05 05:36 PM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Fifty,

I'm guessssssing you did not deliver a baby in the back seat of your car!

#45984 - 10/17/05 05:46 PM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Searcher, I've lived such a boring life in comparison. I saw Jack Tripper while vacationing in Hawaii and I thought that was awesome. Geesh.

Fifty, I think it's the one about Elvis.

#45985 - 10/17/05 06:59 PM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Eagle Heart Offline

I'm going to say #1 is the right wrong one. My niece got stung by a small jellyfish and barely survived to tell about it.

Searcher, I love your description of that house. Sounds like the makings of another good story...it was a dark and stormy night and I had to pee REAL bad...now which one of those bridges led to the right building...wait, that's a nightmare!

#45986 - 10/18/05 07:17 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Eagle, I was waiting for the "big reveal" until somebody got it right. And you are! When I was twelve, I did pick up and place several jellyfish on the seat of an outhouse (a story for another time!) but was very fortunate and did not get stung.

And yep, I met Elvis and he signed the shirt I was wearing.
And yep, I delivered a baby (not my own) in the back seat of a car.

Fifty

#45987 - 10/18/05 07:32 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Eagle Heart Offline

Fifty, do you still have the shirt?

And WHY would you put jellyfish on the outhouse seat???? Perhaps splinter protection?

#45988 - 10/18/05 07:47 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Dreamer Offline

OK - here are mine:

1. I had tea at President and Madame Chaing Kai Shek's summer home in Nationalist China.

2. I went on a dog sled ride with a real 'Musher" in the boondocks of Alaska.

3. I was Miss Colorado in 1965.

#45989 - 10/17/05 08:15 PM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Eagle Heart Offline

Dreamer, this is a hard one, because I don't know you very well yet. I remember that you moved around a bit when you were young, but I don't recall you ever mentioning China. So I'm going to say that #1 is the right wrong one.

#2 sounds fun. And if #3 is true, you'll have to tell-all!

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved