The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#45990 - 10/17/05 08:51 PM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm going to guess #2. You gals are very good at making up stories so it's hard to tell what's true and what isn't.

P.S. Regarding Troy's mood swings...I don't care if he was famous, I don't like to deal with never knowing what is going to upset someone. But really, it wasn't just the moodiness. He went to some foreign country to do a film and was supposed to write. He sent three post cards on the same day and I thought it was rude and that was it for me!

#45991 - 10/17/05 10:24 PM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Will the real Kathy McPherson please stand up?

JJ

#45992 - 10/18/05 02:15 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Here goes:

1) I once got stuck in an airplane bathroom and they had to take the door off to get me out.

2) I once took 7 exlax before playing in a softball tournament.

3) I once went into a men's bathroom by mistake and saw a man sitting there and said, "I'm hoping that it's YOU that's made a terrible mistake."

JJ

#45993 - 10/18/05 02:25 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Bookie Offline

1. I married a man with the same last name

2. I was a Go-Go Dancer in Utah

3. I was the last born child in in a bakers dozen.

#45994 - 10/18/05 02:48 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
JJ, knowing you, they all sound like they could be true. I can picture #1, except for them having to take the door off...and #3 definitely sounds like something the Queen would say. And I seem to remember my Mom taking lots of exlax once. I'm going to guess that #1 is the lie.

#45995 - 10/18/05 02:50 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Bookie, #2 sounds like an oxymoron...a go-go dancer in Utah? I'm going to guess #2 is the lie.

#45996 - 10/18/05 03:05 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
JJ,
#1,
I can't imagine they took the door off, even for you!
Bookie,
Just can't see go-go happening in Utah!

Eagle, my mom swiped the Elvis shirt. She kept it hidden for years--even before she became a dementia patient--so I don't know if I'll ever see it again.

As for the jellyfish, my brothers and I were trying to get back at our great-uncle, who was mean enough to take us out to an island and leave us there all day. (He was fishing offshore.) We noticed that he always went to the outhouse at 9 at night w/ a flashlight, so...

The uncle saw the jellyfish before anything happened, and it was kids who ended up with sore bottoms. We had NO idea how deadly those things could be, but never forgot the lesson after the tanning we all got!

#45997 - 10/18/05 06:43 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
ok jj and bookie...you've left us to our own imaginations long enough! time to fess up!

d.

#45998 - 10/18/05 08:04 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Bookie Offline

You know, sometimes we think the most obvious and outrageous is the correct choice but I'm here to tell you, there was go go dancing in Utah and I was there. I was trying to subsidize my $.95 hour day job in a department store restaurant.

I had a good friend that was putting herself through college at the University of Utah and she got me the job. I was pretty good and made some pretty good money too, but I only lasted about two weeks. They found out I was under age.

I did marry a man with the same last name because I married the same man twice. (I know, I know!)

I was the youngest of only seven children. Mom and Dad saved the best til last.

#45999 - 10/18/05 08:48 AM Re: Getting to know YOU! (this is a participant driven fun activity)
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Hey you guys (well, gals)

Do know there were 2 outhouses on this page?

OH YEAH --it was Warren Oates with the cabin houses, the dark and stormy night , the peeing and the nightmare. (Eagle, you're funny) Can you imagine what that was like during a Montana winter????

Dotsie - at least Jack Tripper was cute. Warren Oates - not so much. Phyllis Diller either.

Dreamer - Chaing Kai Shek (you sure that's how it's spelled?) did not own a summer house in Nationalist China - it was in Florida. 'member? Actually, I think it would have been pretty hard to get over there then, so I'M guessing that is the lie!

jawjaw - I'm with Eagle on this one. If #2 (no pun intended) is true that must have been one interesting ball game!

Bookie - I'm guesssssing #3 is the lie.

Fifty - What WERE you thinking! Jellyfish? In an outhouse? You know, I've never even seen one of those........

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved