The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#44480 - 12/12/05 03:41 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Dotsie I do almost all my Christmas shopping online too.....Land's End, LLBean, even Penney's. I just love sitting here and picking things out on the computer rather than standing in lines at the store or fighting traffic at the mall.....JJ I love the "personalized stamp" idea! How cool is that...

All I have left to do is some stocking stuffer type little stuff for my husband AND of course for Sam the cat. Then I'm FINISHED and can sit back and enjoy these last couple of weeks before Christmas.

#44481 - 12/13/05 08:12 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Pam...I am definitely going to try more online Christmas shopping next year!!! You girls have the right idea...how soon do you start shopping in order to get it in time...and do you have trouble finding sizes etc.? The shipping costs have always been a deterent for me in the past...but now I read that you can find free shipping codes for almost every website...sounds like a fabulous plan to me!!! [Smile]

#44482 - 12/13/05 02:27 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nancy some of these catalogs can get the gift there in two days but you pay dearly for the additional shipping. If you start ordering by Thanksgiving orsoon after, they still have all the items you want in stock and they get there easily before Christmas if sent directly to the recipient and if coming to you there is still plenty of time. Boy this is the only way to go. You can still go to the mall just to walk around and site see but don't even have to carry a purse, soooo liberating...
Just 13 more days until Christmas.... [Big Grin]

[ December 12, 2005, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44483 - 12/13/05 02:39 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I'm all about liberation Chatty...next year maybe I can go to the mall and just look at the pretty decorations for once...no shopping bags to carry...no handbags...you girls really have the right idea...I'll have to get you to remind me again next year to stay out of the ratrace and follow your examples... [Smile]

#44484 - 12/13/05 06:58 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Online shoping is fun. The way I seem to do it best is when my kids email links to possible gifts for them. Gosh that's easy.

When I was a kid, we would make our lists from the Sear's catalog. Now the kids email their ideas, links included. Boy have times changed.

[ December 12, 2005, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#44485 - 12/13/05 07:40 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
...and just a quick note from someone with a website (jewelry and poetry books):

When an order requires insurance, I go to the post office twice a week to mail. Items are shipped 1st class and usually arrive in a few days. When insurance isn't requested and if the package isn't too big, I mail directly from my home within 48 hours of getting the order. Postage for a small package is $1 and ~$2 for a large one.

And BTW, I now offer gift certificates [Smile]

Some websites offer cheap prices for their merchandise but really sock you for postage. To me, that's a little deceptive. I just charge whatever actual costs are.

#44486 - 12/13/05 06:49 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Gift certificates! What a great idea. I bet my nieces would love to get one of them.Maybe next Christmas. Already got them your ear rings this year. I also have some of those tree necklaces and ear ring sets from last year that I ordered on sale.

#44487 - 12/14/05 12:50 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
12 more days until Christmas and in my house the excitement is mounting.....unfortunately so is my behind from tasting all the desserts I am baking, oh brother it'll be bread and water for me after Christmas for sure....lock me up somebody, please, LOL

#44488 - 12/14/05 06:36 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Chatty, I'm not baking until just a couple of days before Christmas. I have no self-control and would end up eating them for every meal. I'm trying to do the Adkins diet inbetween holidays. I need one of those personal liposuction machines.

Daisygirl

#44489 - 12/14/05 07:54 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I'm going the same route as Daisygirl, no baking until days before Christmas.
I've already gained weight, I'd eat them, if I had them.
I've gained 20 pounds since June. Think part of the weight came after I stopped smoking.
Maybe, I should check into the Adkins diet. Is it sodium free?

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved