The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#44450 - 12/06/05 10:47 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
19 More days until Christmas!!!..I think I'd better get shopping today... [Wink]

#44451 - 12/06/05 05:56 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
ugh! Me too!

#44452 - 12/06/05 06:43 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Avalon, this may not be true for everyone, but I need to share this for you. I recall the year after Mom died. The anticipation of the holidays, birthdays, and special occasions without her was awful. However, I've got to tell you that the anticipation was always worse than the actual day. Maybe your Christmas will be better than you think.

I intentionally took time to grieve, write in my journal, and get it all out in the morning. Some may think that's getitng the day off to a bad start, but it worked miracles for me. I ended my quiet time with thanks and praise for her life, good memories, then carried on. Occasionally throughout the day I thought of her, but it felt good, really good.

Perhaps you can think of all your boomer friends praying for you and that will give you the strength to carry on. You are in my thoughts and prayers this season.

#44453 - 12/06/05 06:48 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I spent yesterday at the outlets with three friends. Woohoo. This is the second year we've done this and it is so beneficial and fun. We motivate one another to just get it done! In the past I would shop off and on, look, waste time, and come home with nothing. When I take a whole day, I go for it. I take my list, plan to spend money, and try to get as much as I possibly can.

How do you do your shopping?

#44454 - 12/06/05 07:49 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I start shopping in January, I will catch things on sale and go for it, I also start collect stocking stuffers early. I have a lot to fill and family expect stockings to be extra special.

Still haven't finished with my house but am working toward it. Why does December seem to fly by so fast?

Sherri

#44455 - 12/07/05 08:13 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, how many more trips do you need to make, if any?
I sent off the last boxes to Canada yesterday. I shop all year long too, sherri.
Thats why I had to clean up two spare rooms this week. I had stuff ALL over the place. Total cost of just yesterdays post office bill...$125.96. That was 60 lbs dispersed in 4 boxes. I sent 3 last week and I have 2 or 3 more to go. I always seem to find more stuff AFTER I address and tape box. [Roll Eyes]
I could just send American money but my grandkids need to open more than an envelope for Christmas. They need the EWWW...I'm not wearing that Mom, or Doesn't NannyAng know I've grown? gifts. Something to laugh about later in life. Money is no laughing matter, HA, HA!

I like online shopping with my 13 yr old grand-daughter any time of the year. She picks it out and I pay for it. Across the miles shopping... and fun too.
The clock is ticking...
chick

#44456 - 12/06/05 10:32 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I shop all year too. Especially for stocking stuffers and "weird gifts" for the three teenagers on my list who always ask for "weird things" but never quite define "weird". They must be happy with the things I've found because they continue to ask for more of those "weird things".

One store in our neighbourhood has a really good Christmas sale in mid-July. You wouldn't believe the things I've picked up...Christmas music boxes for 80% off! Can't beat those prices. It pays to keep my eyes open for those little things. But we couldn't do it if we didn't have two spare bedrooms!!!

#44457 - 12/07/05 12:43 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Dotsie, thanks for the great advice...and especially for the thoughts and prayers...I am already planning some new traditions that might ease our pain this year and perhaps even add a little excitement to our Christmas experience...beginning with going to mass on Christmas Eve this year instead of Christmas morning as we traditionally have done..also little "surprise gifts" throughout the day..thanks to the thoughful suggestion of Eagle Heart...thanks for everything!!
Your all day shopping spree with your girlfriends sounds wonderful...it's always great to have someone along to give you a push like that...which Outlets did you go? Rehobeth? I am dying to go there...no tax!!! Did you find everything you needed?

#44458 - 12/07/05 02:42 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My own Mother is 85 and has celebrated many holidays without her own parents. My Mom was extremely close to her Mother and she explained to me after my Grandmother died how much she took joy in being with all her family and knew how much my Grandma did too. So she decided to be happy and think of Grandma among us, near us, laughing silently with us and knowing she was mised and loved. My Mother said, she's here and you can feel her love all around us, so how can I be sad? My Mother lives with Jesus and one day we'll all go home too and be together. I pass this along because I can see the real joy in my Mothers eyes.

#44459 - 12/07/05 07:10 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

18 Days until Christmas....time to get my Christmas cards in the mail...Ho Ho Ho!!!!

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved