The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#44430 - 12/02/05 01:01 AM Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just 24 more days until Christmas....whahoo!

#44431 - 12/03/05 12:24 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I'm not Santa but to me good is when there's no blood drawn.

:>)

#44432 - 12/03/05 01:28 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Twenty three more days until Christmas, jump in ladies to do the countdown. Everyone do one okay?

#44433 - 12/03/05 02:03 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am so excited this year. My sister is coming to town for Christmas and she hasn't been home for Christmas in eons. This is a great year for this because Nana was always a very big part of our Christmas day and since she is celebrating in heaven this year, my sister's visit will give us another focus. All things work for good!

I have begun shopping. I have stuff shoved in lcosets and drawers. I've also started decorating, but have some much more to do. I'm doing bits each day.

Woo-hoo. Sprinkling Christmas cheer all around the forums!

#44434 - 12/03/05 02:04 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

There is good in everyone... Santa knows it and that's why he is so busy!

#44435 - 12/04/05 08:16 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Dots, I am doing my Christimas in spurts too. Just don't have the extra energy to do it all in one day anymore... but we're looking forward to a visit with our kids from Germany. They'll be at our house on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. I'm excited about that! Craig and Amy won't be able to come home from San Diego, they can't afford it. So the one year when I thought I might get all my grandkids together for a picture, again it won't happen, but I'm happy for what I will have.

Sherri

#44436 - 12/04/05 12:10 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
My kids have decided they want to be home for Christmas this year. We gave the choice of having us come to them instead. They want to be with Chuck's mother, who is 91. She's absolutely thrilled.

I will be doing a bit more to prepare for the holidays than I have in a while and am keeping my fingers crossed that nobody will be in the hospital this year. I didn't realize how badly last year's lost holiday season effected all of us.

We also just found out that our neice will be home from Chicago. Chuck's whole family is thrilled that we'll be there, too, so we made the right decision.

Time for me to get busy!

#44437 - 12/04/05 12:39 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Well...I cried thru Thanksgiving...I'll probably cry thru Christmas.

My daughter and son-in-law-to-be will be moving to Texas next year. Taking my grandson and my new grand-daughter, with them.
To-be-, has applied and been accepted to the Border Patrol.

Heard talk of the two of them getting married this month...but, he forgot her birthday on the 22 of Nov. and the date was put off. [Eek!]

They have only been together 8 years. [Confused]

We will be celebrating here at home...maybe next year we can all travel to Texas.
Might even move myself.

#44438 - 12/04/05 01:37 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Brenda, every Christmas for the past four years I've had to hide away and have myself a little cry. I'm still not used to the "new Christmas", i.e., Christmas without my Mom and Dad. Actually, with the family dynamics constantly changing these days, we seem to have a "new Christmas" every year now! I never quite know from one year to the next what old (cherished) Mom-traditions are going to be left out to make way for new blended-family-traditions. It's a bit of a tear-jerker at times during the day, probably because I put a lot of stress on myself trying to make sure everyone has the "perfect" Christmas, while missing mine. I have to learn to go with the flow, because this is simply how it is now.

I do keep a few "sacred cows", like insisting on my turkey dinner every other year and keeping the nativity scenes front and centre...but I've had to let other preferences go in order to allow for those changing dynamics, or it wouldn't be the day and family celebration we want it to be.

#44439 - 12/04/05 01:37 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

BTW, 22 days til Christmas!

#44440 - 12/04/05 02:14 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Jackie..I think it is quite a tribute to you that your kids want to come home to you rather than having you to come to them for Christmas..you must feel so happy...I have a sign that I hang next to my door at this time each year that reads "All Hearts Come Home at Christmas" My kids love it..they think it was written just for them!!
I hope your Holidays are joyous and truly "hospital free" this year...you deserve it.

Brenda...sorry to hear that you cried thru Thanksgiving...that breaks my heart..is moving to Texas a possibility for you? I am not fortunate enough to have grandchildren yet...but I know when I do I won't want to be far away from them either...Hope it all works out happily for you..

EagleHeart..This is my first year without parents..I have been upset all week...I don't want to be a downer for my kids...they think of me as their "rock"...all I really want to do is fast forward the calendar to be January 2...after reading your post I can see that after 4 years it's still a struggle for you without your parents...I guess I'll just have to put one foot in front of the other and see where it takes me this year... [Frown]

#44441 - 12/04/05 03:09 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Nancy, my heart aches with you...all of the "firsts" are the worst! Our first Christmas without Mom was dismal, despite our best efforts to keep ourselves from falling apart...there was such a gaping hole. It was probably hardest on my youngest brother, so I tried to compensate for the void by buying lots of gifts to give out throughout the day...stockings in the morning, tree gifts mid-day, surprise gifts in the late afternoon and even some "taking home" gifts. It did brighten up the day somewhat, because it was something Mom would probably have tried to do in the same circumstances!

It's easier now, except that we're still weaning ourselves off the multiple gift thing that I started that year!!! Everyone enjoyed it so much that the next year they started giving surprise gifts throughout the day too! It's been a fun new tradition, but too expensive to continue.

Anyway, I know what it feels like to just want to fast-forward the calendar. I still feel that way even this year. Mom was such a Christmas person, it's still difficult to find our way through the emptiness at the core of our hearts and gatherings. I'll be thinking of you throughout this season, and especially Christmas Day...when my heart gets sad, it helps to have someone else's sad heart to focus on...I'll be sending you prayers, care and warm nudges to help you through the day.

[ December 03, 2005, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#44442 - 12/04/05 04:42 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thanks for the countdown Eagle Heart, I was beginning to think I was counting alone....

For some reason Christmas besides being joyous for the most part, is also meloncoly for me, I fine myself tearing up for no reason and I think I finally figured out why. I am fortunate enough that Mom is still alive but she's several thousand miles away....In a bit of a funk last night, I lit the Christmas lights and put on my snuggly robe and slippers and sat down to read a book. I was mesmerized by this book and it took me to places in my mind and in my lost childhood buried deep that I barely remembered. I laughed, and cried at the things I read about the life of this incredible woman. Her book brought to the surface for me why I felt all the saddness around the holidays. I was fortunate enough to enjoy a blessed life growing up surrounded by family. My Grandfather and Grandmother on Moms side were my rocks. I loved and respected my Grandma so much and she was definitely the Matriarch, everything revolved around this woman with her countless talents. In a nut shell, I miss my life, the one I once had. while growing up. Now is a lonier time for me, one that feels like I'm just marking time until the end. Eagle Heart the book I was reading was your book; Eagle Born To Fly...When I read the part about the dream of the happy little 5 year old girl with you and then her terrible end, being hit by those two cars and killed. I thought that subconsciously the first car represented your Mother and the second car, your Father. Your Mother for the hurtful things she said, like being blindsided and then your Fathers spanking you instead of holding and loving you. All in all I read and read until it was the end of the book. My goodness, we never know where answers to some of our own life mysterys will be discovered. I believe your book has shed some light on some of mine and for that 'Thank You.' This is a wonderful read for anyone experiencing depression and even for those not understanding what they are experiencing. I am so truly happy that your friend Kate refused to give up on her intuition and you are here wih us now and I have the priviledge of calling you friend and learnig from you...

[ December 03, 2005, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44443 - 12/04/05 04:57 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Amen, Chatty! Eagle's book is the first one I ordered and read from this site. I could relate to a lot of the story, but mostly to the feelings. I discovered that I've suffered from depression from time to time. Even though I live with so many people, I often feel alone. But when I discover that other women have had the same feelings, it makes me feel less alone. I love Eagle and "Eagle Born to Fly" [Smile]

#44444 - 12/04/05 05:22 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Christmas has always been a tough time for me, and I know why. I've always tried to be the Super Mom and wife.
Now my dear daughters have taken over the preparing of all the goodies for our dinner, but I've never had that wonderful feeling about Christmas that everyone else around me talks about.
Today, and maybe many more days are going to be very sad for me. That's another topic.
We've had snow in beautiful Olympia, and it just makes me feel lonely.
Keep that countdown going you all!
Lynne

#44445 - 12/04/05 05:55 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Chatty, you brought unexpected tears to my eyes. Thank you to you and Bluebird...you made my day!

#44446 - 12/04/05 07:37 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I usually enjoy all the holidays and find myself singing Christmas songs, decorating and thinking of what I will make for our family Christmas dinner. The worst time for me is when I wake up on Christmas morning, alone again, and also in the evening when all the festivities are over. I try not to feel anything because I don't want to end the day with feeling sorry for myself, especially when so many others are far worse off than I am.

I still have not read your book Eagle. I plan to in the next few weeks, since my work slows down to practically nothing and my home projects are finished for the year. Maybe I can get a life now!

Daisygirl

#44447 - 12/05/05 01:42 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

21 more days until Christmas...

Daisygirl might I suggest buying a polaroid camera and on Christmas morning and in the evening once the festivities are done, take out all the pictures that were taken (take alot) and sit down with a cup of hot cocoa and look at them all remembering each moment and reliving the joy. It works for me when coming home alone to a quiet house except for my babies who greet me joyously.

#44448 - 12/05/05 07:53 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Eagle Heart..thank you sooooo much...your empathetic words mean more than you can possibly imagine...sometimes I feel like I am out here all by myself and then someone like you says they know how I feel and my heart lights up and I feel strength from your inspirational words..I love your idea about special "surprise gifts" thoughout the day and so I am going to borrow your idea this year if you don't mind...in fact I just ordered 3 of your books to give as "taking home" gifts..I so appreciate those prayers and warm nudges...and I'm sending them right back to you with love....you have really made my day.. [Smile]

#44449 - 12/05/05 09:53 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks Nancy (I PM'd you as well). I'm on the run today, but just dropped by to say: 20 more days til Christmas!

I'll be back this evening...

#44450 - 12/06/05 10:47 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

19 More days until Christmas!!!..I think I'd better get shopping today... [Wink]

#44451 - 12/06/05 05:56 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
ugh! Me too!

#44452 - 12/06/05 06:43 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Avalon, this may not be true for everyone, but I need to share this for you. I recall the year after Mom died. The anticipation of the holidays, birthdays, and special occasions without her was awful. However, I've got to tell you that the anticipation was always worse than the actual day. Maybe your Christmas will be better than you think.

I intentionally took time to grieve, write in my journal, and get it all out in the morning. Some may think that's getitng the day off to a bad start, but it worked miracles for me. I ended my quiet time with thanks and praise for her life, good memories, then carried on. Occasionally throughout the day I thought of her, but it felt good, really good.

Perhaps you can think of all your boomer friends praying for you and that will give you the strength to carry on. You are in my thoughts and prayers this season.

#44453 - 12/06/05 06:48 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I spent yesterday at the outlets with three friends. Woohoo. This is the second year we've done this and it is so beneficial and fun. We motivate one another to just get it done! In the past I would shop off and on, look, waste time, and come home with nothing. When I take a whole day, I go for it. I take my list, plan to spend money, and try to get as much as I possibly can.

How do you do your shopping?

#44454 - 12/06/05 07:49 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Sherri Offline

I start shopping in January, I will catch things on sale and go for it, I also start collect stocking stuffers early. I have a lot to fill and family expect stockings to be extra special.

Still haven't finished with my house but am working toward it. Why does December seem to fly by so fast?

Sherri

#44455 - 12/07/05 08:13 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, how many more trips do you need to make, if any?
I sent off the last boxes to Canada yesterday. I shop all year long too, sherri.
Thats why I had to clean up two spare rooms this week. I had stuff ALL over the place. Total cost of just yesterdays post office bill...$125.96. That was 60 lbs dispersed in 4 boxes. I sent 3 last week and I have 2 or 3 more to go. I always seem to find more stuff AFTER I address and tape box. [Roll Eyes]
I could just send American money but my grandkids need to open more than an envelope for Christmas. They need the EWWW...I'm not wearing that Mom, or Doesn't NannyAng know I've grown? gifts. Something to laugh about later in life. Money is no laughing matter, HA, HA!

I like online shopping with my 13 yr old grand-daughter any time of the year. She picks it out and I pay for it. Across the miles shopping... and fun too.
The clock is ticking...
chick

#44456 - 12/06/05 10:32 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

I shop all year too. Especially for stocking stuffers and "weird gifts" for the three teenagers on my list who always ask for "weird things" but never quite define "weird". They must be happy with the things I've found because they continue to ask for more of those "weird things".

One store in our neighbourhood has a really good Christmas sale in mid-July. You wouldn't believe the things I've picked up...Christmas music boxes for 80% off! Can't beat those prices. It pays to keep my eyes open for those little things. But we couldn't do it if we didn't have two spare bedrooms!!!

#44457 - 12/07/05 12:43 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Dotsie, thanks for the great advice...and especially for the thoughts and prayers...I am already planning some new traditions that might ease our pain this year and perhaps even add a little excitement to our Christmas experience...beginning with going to mass on Christmas Eve this year instead of Christmas morning as we traditionally have done..also little "surprise gifts" throughout the day..thanks to the thoughful suggestion of Eagle Heart...thanks for everything!!
Your all day shopping spree with your girlfriends sounds wonderful...it's always great to have someone along to give you a push like that...which Outlets did you go? Rehobeth? I am dying to go there...no tax!!! Did you find everything you needed?

#44458 - 12/07/05 02:42 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My own Mother is 85 and has celebrated many holidays without her own parents. My Mom was extremely close to her Mother and she explained to me after my Grandmother died how much she took joy in being with all her family and knew how much my Grandma did too. So she decided to be happy and think of Grandma among us, near us, laughing silently with us and knowing she was mised and loved. My Mother said, she's here and you can feel her love all around us, so how can I be sad? My Mother lives with Jesus and one day we'll all go home too and be together. I pass this along because I can see the real joy in my Mothers eyes.

#44459 - 12/07/05 07:10 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

18 Days until Christmas....time to get my Christmas cards in the mail...Ho Ho Ho!!!!

#44460 - 12/07/05 07:50 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Blondie, we went to the outlets in HAgerstown, MD. They are fantastic. Lots of deals and great stores.

Chatty, I totally agree with the way your family believes. That's how I find peace when a loved one dies. I picture them with their heavenly father and I have confidence that I will mee them again. Those who live in the Lord will always meet again...

#44461 - 12/08/05 02:41 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

I wish we had some outlets closer to here I could go to. Maybe I can convince a friend to go with me to the ones about an hour away. No tax and good prices are attractive combination.

I spent most of the day making favors for a party I'm helping plan a couple of weeks from now. I'm finally starting to get into the holiday spirit. Whew!!! I was starting to feel like the grinch!

#44462 - 12/08/05 04:42 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Well girls, my shopping is all done and UPS has been delivering packages to my door. Also, Karen did my corporate shopping for me and took a huge load off my shoulders.

I did my shopping online and with my kids and grandkids, I give money so they can get what they want. It sure makes Christmas a lot easier on me.

#44463 - 12/08/05 05:51 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
If I was an hour away from No. Conway, I'd probably have my shopping done [Smile] It's such a great shopping place. I'm about 45 minutes from Kittery, but I don't much bother anymore unless I'm on my way from Ogunquit or something. NH is so much better. I like Kittery, but the prices aren't as good as they used to be and the tax is a killer. We will be in Glen for the weekend, in early January at the Bernerhof. Plan to go to No. Conway and shop the outlets. Great time right after Christmas. Good sales. I love the outlets, but my favorite part is right in the center of town, Zeb's, the Pengin Store, the 5 and 10 cent store. We always have lunch at Horsefeathers. We have friends who live in Conway and sometimes visit them too. They have an awesome view of Cranmore from their kitchen window.

Louisa

#44464 - 12/09/05 02:59 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

17 more days until Christmas, hope everyones being good...

#44465 - 12/09/05 03:11 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Bluebird Offline

I guess it depends on how you define good... [Razz]

#44466 - 12/09/05 06:48 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I asked Santa to define it but he just winked.. [Wink]

#44467 - 12/09/05 05:44 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, moving right along with all the preparations. Mailing gifts today. And tonight is the Madrigal Feast at our church. Hubby and I are in charge of the teen servers. If this feast doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, nothing will.

#44468 - 12/09/05 10:31 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

We're getting there. Several inches of snow fell already today, and more is still coming. It's beautiful to sit and watch out the window, althoug I wouldn't want to go out in it unless I had to. There's always something magical about the first real snow of the season.

Chuck and I have pretty much decided what we'll do for our Christmas giving this year. We always give his mother little things she doesn't buy for herself --- pretty note cards, scented hand lotions, any other personal items I can think of. I'll pick up some of them when I get our family Christmas cards this weekend. We have a half price card store that has beautuful cards and other things that nobody would ever guess were half price. I will be ordering on-line today for my b-i-l and his wife. My 29 year old niece will get cash, so she can buy what she wants when she returns to Chicago.

Tonight I will call s-i-l and see what I can bring to add to the celebration. I'm starting to feel a lot more positive about this whole thing.

Bring on the season!

#44469 - 12/10/05 01:15 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Come on ladies need some counters here to say how many days are left until Christmas, 16 and counting, can you believe that? Where does the time go. Got my cakes all baked for the nursing homes Christmas party and put safely into their large freezer and on Christmas Eve day I will go there and frost the different ones. Waiting for the rest of my gifts to arrive to be wrapped and mailed off. I have to admit NOT tramping through the malls this year was magical. Open the catalog, see an item and call and order, nice! Ordered my goose for Christmas (sorry Ellard.) Saw this joke last night and I'm ashamed to say it made me laugh...

There Is A Place for All Gods Creatures,
right there next to the Potatoes and Gravy...

[ December 09, 2005, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44470 - 12/10/05 05:22 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Counting down makes me anxious. I just try to enjoy each day as I live in la la land.

I have a HUGE month ahead of me with my business..I want the month to last forever so that I'm sure to meet my goals.

Sorry, I'm not a willing counter chatty -- sure there are others willing!

d.

#44471 - 12/10/05 11:13 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

15 days until Christmas girls!!! Yikes...I bought wrapping paper the day after Christmas last year...rolls and rolls of it...and tags...and ribbon...do you think I can find the da*n things?
This is what I really hate about getting older...the old brain freezes!!!! [Confused]

#44472 - 12/10/05 09:13 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

I hear ya, Blondi! I can never find the stuff I buy after Christmas and put away. Isn't it amazing the places paper and ribbon can hide?

I fired up the computer yesterday and managed to do a good part of our shopping, which should be here next week. I'm hoping to have the rest done by Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm feeling much more in control of things now.

#44473 - 12/11/05 02:10 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

AvalonBlondi, did that same thing three years ago and got the most 'beautiful' paper rolls for soooo cheap I am still using them....what a great deal they were....Wrapping today as all my catalog gifts arrived late yesterday afternoon. All the others will go directly to the friends I bought them for. This sure beats mall shopping for me...

#44474 - 12/11/05 03:29 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Sherri Offline

No, there can't be only 15 more days!!!!I'm not even decorated yet!!! Help! I need a couple of elves to come in and finish up for me. My family Christma party is next Saturday! [Eek!]

#44475 - 12/11/05 06:25 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

JAckie, what sites do you buy from?

Sherri, tell us about your family Christmas party.

We are having a family/close friend party on the 23rd so my sister can see everyone while she's in town. Should be wild. Then Christmas day we're having the family here for dinner. Can't wait. Lots of preparation to do...

#44476 - 12/11/05 06:34 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

14 days to go!!! I found all of my wrappings tucked away on the top shelf of my linen closet..I guess I'll start wrapping today...Jackie...that's awesome that you got most of your shopping done online..I'm planning to go that route next year...I really don't mind shopping in the stores...but I do mind standing in the extremely long lines to check out...I like your idea better..

Dotsie..2 parties in 3 days? You are my hero...you have so much energy... [Smile]

#44477 - 12/11/05 09:52 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

So far I've only ordered books from Amazon.com. I've been looking for something for the house for my s-i-l, but haven't seen anything online that thrills me. I'll probably hit the stores next week. I don't mind them, either. I just needed a jump start this year.

#44478 - 12/11/05 09:58 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

What about getting her some of those new postage stamps that have a pic of HER, one of her children, her home, her hubby, whatever?

They have the 2006 rate on them and make a great gift. You can buy different quantities too. Just visit http://www.usps.com/ and check it out if you might be interested.

Just a suggestion!

JJ

#44479 - 12/12/05 02:35 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Good thought, JJ We got some for Chuck's mother with her picture on them, and she loves them. We've also given calanders and cups with family pictures on them. I think I'll have Chuck show me what else we can order.

#44480 - 12/12/05 03:41 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Dotsie I do almost all my Christmas shopping online too.....Land's End, LLBean, even Penney's. I just love sitting here and picking things out on the computer rather than standing in lines at the store or fighting traffic at the mall.....JJ I love the "personalized stamp" idea! How cool is that...

All I have left to do is some stocking stuffer type little stuff for my husband AND of course for Sam the cat. Then I'm FINISHED and can sit back and enjoy these last couple of weeks before Christmas.

#44481 - 12/13/05 08:12 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Pam...I am definitely going to try more online Christmas shopping next year!!! You girls have the right idea...how soon do you start shopping in order to get it in time...and do you have trouble finding sizes etc.? The shipping costs have always been a deterent for me in the past...but now I read that you can find free shipping codes for almost every website...sounds like a fabulous plan to me!!! [Smile]

#44482 - 12/13/05 02:27 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nancy some of these catalogs can get the gift there in two days but you pay dearly for the additional shipping. If you start ordering by Thanksgiving orsoon after, they still have all the items you want in stock and they get there easily before Christmas if sent directly to the recipient and if coming to you there is still plenty of time. Boy this is the only way to go. You can still go to the mall just to walk around and site see but don't even have to carry a purse, soooo liberating...
Just 13 more days until Christmas.... [Big Grin]

[ December 12, 2005, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44483 - 12/13/05 02:39 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

I'm all about liberation Chatty...next year maybe I can go to the mall and just look at the pretty decorations for once...no shopping bags to carry...no handbags...you girls really have the right idea...I'll have to get you to remind me again next year to stay out of the ratrace and follow your examples... [Smile]

#44484 - 12/13/05 06:58 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Online shoping is fun. The way I seem to do it best is when my kids email links to possible gifts for them. Gosh that's easy.

When I was a kid, we would make our lists from the Sear's catalog. Now the kids email their ideas, links included. Boy have times changed.

[ December 12, 2005, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#44485 - 12/13/05 07:40 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
...and just a quick note from someone with a website (jewelry and poetry books):

When an order requires insurance, I go to the post office twice a week to mail. Items are shipped 1st class and usually arrive in a few days. When insurance isn't requested and if the package isn't too big, I mail directly from my home within 48 hours of getting the order. Postage for a small package is $1 and ~$2 for a large one.

And BTW, I now offer gift certificates [Smile]

Some websites offer cheap prices for their merchandise but really sock you for postage. To me, that's a little deceptive. I just charge whatever actual costs are.

#44486 - 12/13/05 06:49 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Gift certificates! What a great idea. I bet my nieces would love to get one of them.Maybe next Christmas. Already got them your ear rings this year. I also have some of those tree necklaces and ear ring sets from last year that I ordered on sale.

#44487 - 12/14/05 12:50 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

12 more days until Christmas and in my house the excitement is mounting.....unfortunately so is my behind from tasting all the desserts I am baking, oh brother it'll be bread and water for me after Christmas for sure....lock me up somebody, please, LOL

#44488 - 12/14/05 06:36 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Daisygirl Offline

Chatty, I'm not baking until just a couple of days before Christmas. I have no self-control and would end up eating them for every meal. I'm trying to do the Adkins diet inbetween holidays. I need one of those personal liposuction machines.

Daisygirl

#44489 - 12/14/05 07:54 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

I'm going the same route as Daisygirl, no baking until days before Christmas.
I've already gained weight, I'd eat them, if I had them.
I've gained 20 pounds since June. Think part of the weight came after I stopped smoking.
Maybe, I should check into the Adkins diet. Is it sodium free?

#44490 - 12/14/05 08:10 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Brenda...I gained weight last winter when my Father was sick...I would go to see him every day and be so upset afterwards that I would stop and try to cheer myself up with some food...not only did I not cheer myself up...I made myself fat in the process..Long story short...by June I was fat and depressed and having daily chest pains...i went to see a Cardiologist and she insisted I lose some weight and suggested the South Beach Diet...I bought the book and the cookbook...it's filled with delicious recipes...I not only lost 38 lbs in 6 months but I feel so healthy now...my triglycerides and cholesterol levels are excellent and my hair and skin look better than they did in my 40's!! I highly recommend this diet ...now if I could find a quick cure for my menapausal symptoms....good luck with your diet!!!

#44491 - 12/15/05 12:33 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Winter seems to be the time of year, when the weight just falls on. Of course durning the summer I'm able to get outside and walk, and keep busy with yard work, just general moving.

I'll check on line, for the South Beach diet book, & cookbook.

It's nice to hear what a cardiologist has recommended. Haven't seen mine since June, when checking out of the hospital.

As much as I dislike it...guess the treadmill will be my winter friend.

Thanks...

#44492 - 12/15/05 03:58 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yepthatsme2, I would say Atkins is sodium free if you yourself don't add any salt. I use all of the Mrs dash salt free seasonings, there are 14 of them and all are excellent. I have no salt in my home but it is mind boggling the amount in everything we buy....Atkins to me is a safe short term only diet. I do like the South Beach diet for a long haul way of lide eating plan. I agree that tasting can be a weighty proposition, LOL....Only 11 more days until Christmas, ho-ho-ho!!!

[ December 14, 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44493 - 12/15/05 04:35 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

I've got a couple of the Mrs Dash seasonings, I haven't used the salt shaker in months.

Takes me such a long time in the grocery store, because I check out every label for the sodium content. Just couldn't believe how much sodium in soups, canned spaghetti, rice mixes, pretty much anything pre-cooked.

It's just a matter of control....I just have to control what goes in my mouth.

One of the other forums was talking about writing everything you eat down on paper.
Imagine that could get ugly at the end of the day. At least for me anyways.

I'll check the South Beach diet, and see how that works for me.

#44494 - 12/15/05 04:52 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Heres a tip for everyone, if you ever add to much salt to soup or want to take some of the sodium out of a store bought canned soup, drop a half of a peeled potato into it for about 10 minutes, it'll soak most of the salt right up. Then disgard the potato... strange but true!

[ December 14, 2005, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44495 - 12/15/05 07:19 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,
I will try that my husband is on a low salt diet and I am with him . I love that Mrs.Dash . I put that on patotos and this makes verything taste so good. Yummm...

#44496 - 12/15/05 05:35 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Just 10 more days until Christmas, better shake a leg you ladies putting things off till tomorrow cause tomorrow will soon be here....

#44497 - 12/15/05 06:52 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

and the weather may be bad so you can't get out to run those errands. Schools are closing early here today because we are preparing for an ice storm.

Today I will run out at lunch to buy a few gifts from our Baltimore Coffee and Tea shop. Tonight I'll wrap a little more. I'll also start making my grocery list while sitting with my recipe book. I love doing this. I feel so organized! HA!

What are you doing to prepare today?

#44498 - 12/15/05 07:06 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Daisygirl Offline

The snow is flying here in SW Ohio! Very pretty, and it's a good day to work from home...

Daisygirl

#44499 - 12/15/05 07:21 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yesterday I finished wrapping presents with Sammie and Diz watching. It was fun. I'm still waiting on some gifts to be delivered thru the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed!

#44500 - 12/15/05 07:48 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Just about done with my Christmas preperations. Cards and packages wrapped and mailed. Now I neeed to figure out what apetizer to make for are party next week and hope the gifts I ordered online come tomorrow like they're supposed to.

They're predicting snow here again tomrrow, which is sort of a downer, because if it really turns out as bad as predicted, I will miss my volunteer stint at the hospital for the second week in a row. They don't expect us in bad weather, but I need to call so they don't think I came once and won't be back.

#44501 - 12/16/05 08:06 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Need to get the rest of the presents wrapped and under the tree. They are all upstairs in my closet, just waiting on me, to wrap and carry down.

This weekend if the weather is clear...I will do the Christmas grocery shopping, so I will have everything together for next week's bake feast.

Today would be the perfect day for baking...it's snowing out and calling for freezing rain later on. Bake today...eat today.
So I'll wait till next week.

#44502 - 12/16/05 02:02 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

The way the weather is behaving, we'll probably have more snow by the end of next. Hubby just looked at the weather on his computer and said the storm appears to be getting here much sooner than predicted. We'll have to wait and see.

#44503 - 12/17/05 08:21 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Found myself an oldies station on the radio, playing Christmas tunes this morning...I am busy dancing around with the dust cloth....cleaning the webs out.

Beautiful sunny day... following a day of snow and freezing rain.

Only 9 more days left... no coal for me. [Razz]

#44504 - 12/16/05 10:31 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

yep, we had the same weather yesterday. My son drove home from college in SC through all the mess. I was so happy to see his face when he walked through the door! Nasty weather to drive in.

NHJackie, what kind of appetizer are you looking for? I have tons of recipes.

#44505 - 12/17/05 01:43 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Dotsie. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks/

#44506 - 12/18/05 12:04 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Dotsie...so happy to hear your son is home safe and sound...you must have been on pins and needles waiting for him to arrive in that awful weather...have fun spoiling him while he is home..:)my married daughter arrives tomorrow morning from WA state...her hubby is on deployment now...I hope I can cheer her up a little..and my college girl will be home on Monday after her last final...I am so excited to have my babies home for a few weeks....I am sure you are too..

#44507 - 12/18/05 12:22 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

My oldest son and family are coming in tomorrow so if you ladies don't see me around for a while, have a wonderful Christmas!

#44508 - 12/18/05 12:27 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Bluebird Offline

You too, Dianne, and enjoy your family!!
(((HUG)))

#44509 - 12/18/05 12:28 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Bluebird Offline

Dotsie and Avalon - just saw your posts. You have fun with your kids, too!! (((HUGS))) for both of you.

#44510 - 12/18/05 12:40 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Do you want a dip or little individual appetizers?

I have a recipe for a chipped beef dip that is simple and delicious too. It has red and green peppers so it looks festive.

I also have a tasty recipe for olive cheese balls, plus tons of others things too.

#44511 - 12/18/05 03:09 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

IN 8 (count them) MORE DAYS IT'S CHRISTMAS....

#44512 - 12/18/05 03:25 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

#44513 - 12/18/05 04:11 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Those were delightful, Brenda! Thanks!!

#44514 - 12/19/05 08:44 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chickadee Offline

A week left!Brenda, Thank you, loved the cards.

http://www.growley.com/c-tree4th.html

Take a moment to relax - from my house to yours.

chick

[ December 18, 2005, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#44515 - 12/19/05 12:30 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

My kids will be here on Saturday. I just drove Chuck in to pick up the DAV van so I could bring back the car for me to use for the next 2 days while he ferries people to appointments.

Yay! Two days to go wherever I want, whenever I want and do anything I please. And the weather is supposed to be good. I am really excited!

Dotsie, I think I found a recipe I'm going to use for crabmeat dip. I just discovered I have a can of crabmeat on the shelf that I can use. But I'f love your beef recipe for future parties. Thanks.

To all who are sorrounded my family this season, enjoy! I know I plan to!

#44516 - 12/19/05 12:31 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Oops! Meant by family not my family. Someday I'll learn to proof read!

#44517 - 12/19/05 03:05 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My goodness just 7 more short days to go....I am so excited.

#44518 - 12/19/05 06:23 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Jackie...you soumd so happy and excited about your Holidays..I am thrilled for you...after last year you deserve oodles of happy times...continue to enjoy!!

We had brunch today at the Inn where my daughter had her wedding 2 years ago , Dec 26...all 4 of my kids were there and my husband and I could not stop smiling...a great way to start off the Holiday Season! Like you Chatty and Jackie...I am also "so excited" !!!! [Smile]

#44519 - 12/19/05 05:07 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chick, I have tao laugh. I kept looking at your card waiting for soemthing to happen. I didn't realize I had to click to make it happen. Duh...

This time next week it will be over. Be sure to make the most of your days.

I have only two more gifts to buy. Everything is wrapped. I baked a little this weekend. Now I have lots of food shopping and cooking to do.

I am way ahead of schedule this year. I am ususally wrapping the last few gifts on Christmas Eve. I am so excited because my sister is coming home which means my whole family will be together except for Mom who will be watching from heaven (went to the cemetery yesterday).

Have another fun day preparing for His birth.

#44520 - 12/19/05 07:50 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Six (6) more days in our countdown to the big C, Christmas Day....Hows everybody doing with the last minute frazzles?
Say JJ did you ever find those missing gifts?

[ December 19, 2005, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44521 - 12/20/05 08:01 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

I'm not feeling frazzled at all. In a little while I'm going to our local farm stand to make up basets of goodies for my m-i-l and s-i-l, full of things they wouldn't buy for themselves. I also need to figure out what to get for my son. We are giving him the blender I never use but he will. But I'd like to get him something personal as well. After that, my shopping is done.

Tomorrow I go to the grocery store, so I need to spend some time today planning menus for when the kids are here.

Hubby surprised me last night and took me out to dinner. The holiday season is off to a great start!

#44522 - 12/20/05 08:07 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

I am well and truly frazzled, despite every best effort not to be. Even with morning meditations, stretching and breathing exercises, and a constant mantra of self-encouragement, I'm feeling the stress.

But at least I didn't lose any of my hidden Christmas gifts. At least I don't think I'm missing any...with this mental-pause thing going full-force, who knows what I'll find hiding in my closets the day after everyone leaves.

(In case anyone noticed, I overwrote my whiny vent...decided that although it's real, it's not in keeping with the Christmas spirit. Maybe it was the arrival of several Boomer sister Christmas cards in this morning's mail that perked me up...)

[ December 19, 2005, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#44523 - 12/19/05 09:51 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Bluebird Offline

I try very hard to keep things low key and focus on the birth of Christ. I always seem to be humbled this time of year, cleaning up after sick children. 5 "victims" in 4 days.

#44524 - 12/19/05 11:07 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Eagle, I don't send cards, but I can guarantee you this much. You are never far from my thoughts and heart. JJ

#44525 - 12/20/05 12:48 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Saturday trip to the comminsary was a bit much...to much traffic. Bumper to bumper to be exact.

Finally reached the comminsary... drive around for what seems like forever to find a parking spot.

Checkout line, was wrapped down and around the back end of the store.
Military payday to top it all off.

Took hubby with me...that's always a bad mistake, he's forever throwing things in the cart...especially when I'm not looking.

Thought they were going to have to give me mouth to mouth when they totalled the bill.

Yep....think I might be a bit frazzled.

#44526 - 12/20/05 03:59 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

For the past few years, we've been able to get almost all of our shopping done well before the first of December. That always helps ease those packed mall/no parking/long lineups stressors. And whatever else we need in the way of stocking stuffers or groceries, we do early weekday mornings when the malls are still fairly quiet.

My stress if mostly self-induced. Imagining every possible scenario and trying to prepare for all of those! Having experienced power outages, flu outbreaks and various other calamities in past years, it's difficult not to get stressed out just trying to anticipate "what's it going to be this year!"

I love Christmas. But I've been floundering ever since Mom died and the entire Christmas "thing" for BOTH sides of the family fell on my shoulders at the same time. My choice would be a quiet, low key celebration of Jesus' birthday...going to church in the morning, etc. But we're such a diverse blend of family and traditions, it's not easy to make it what I want it to be without a lot of other people being impacted...and of course, everyone, no matter how old they get, still wants Christmas just the way it used to be in their respective families.

We're slowly changing the direction and flow of Christmas, but have found that we can only make a few significant changes a year. The one thing we all want more than anything else is to have as much family gathered together as possible. So making compromises and working hard "behind the scenes" to ensure it all goes as smoothly and frictionless as possible is frazzling, but worth it in the end, I guess.

Still, we're seriously considering a Christmas Cruise next year... [Cool]

#44527 - 12/20/05 08:54 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I'm finally at peace for Christmas.
All my shopping is done.
My oldest dtr. is having Prime Rib for the Christmas dinner. My youngest dtr. does Thanksgiving.
We do Christmas Eve at my oldest dtrs. fatherinlaw's home. Our families molded together at first meeting, before our kids were married. We always have a wonderful time. My soninlaw's mother passed away two years ago, and we still miss her.
Went to see Narnia(I think that's how you spell it)today with my three oldest grandson's and their mom's. (My dtrs.)
I was in a spell thru the whole movie! Please.....if any of you have the chance to take your grandkids, do it! Or any of you who don't have grandkids...do it! It's a true family movie!
They will be making four more to follow the books that were written.
Anyway, I'm at peace with myself......and I hope you all will find that peace before Christmas is upon you.
Lynne

#44528 - 12/20/05 05:02 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Eagle, I think it's typical that you are the one considering all possible scenarios and desiring to make Christmas perfect for everyone. It goes with the territory of being a woman. At least I think so. I am definitely the fmaily organizer when it come sto Christmas. I enlist help as needed from hubby and kids.

AM feeling great about Christmas. My gift has been my sister coming home. I am ahead of the game because I promised myself I would be ready when seh arrived except for food.

I'm enlisting my oldest son to help with getting the food in the house. I've also asked him to be in charge of Christmas dinner. I told him we'd pay for everything and help him. I think he's going to bite. He likes to cook. I think it would be a great experience for him to have to organize a seafood dinner feast for 20.

I am covering all my boomer women in prayer. Remember to take time to find the peace as Lynne has. Love to all...

#44529 - 12/21/05 06:28 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Just 5 more days until Christmas!!!

#44530 - 12/21/05 07:13 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I ordered two major gifts for my husband from Needless Mark-up (Neiman Marcus) and they called me last night to say they couldn't fulfill the order. I told them it wasn't acceptable so they put me in touch with a rep who found the items in one of their stores and are shipping overnite and I don't have to pay the shipping.

I was seriously stressed. I pictured me rushing through the mall trying to find new gifts. But, all is well.

#44531 - 12/21/05 07:21 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dianne,

"I'm like needless make-up? ohhhhh, needless mark-up" How funny you are!

Glad your gift is finding its' way to your home. Who needs the stress of finding something else?

hugs,
danita

#44532 - 12/25/05 04:45 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
5 hours until Christmas...hurrah!

I need to wrap gifts and clean off the table so we can sit down to lunch tomorrow. We're having folks to share lunch, exchange gifts. It's always a good Christmas when the ones who are here are healthy and the ones who are far away are on hearts and prayerful lips.

Blessings to you all Boomer Sibs.

May be worst of 2006 be from the best of 2005!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

#44533 - 12/25/05 06:13 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
chickadee Offline

I've been the Bread Mananger at a local grocery store in Oklahoma for only two weeks. This was a brand new store opening and the first few days were hectic this close to Christmas.The bread numbers to stock were iffy.
I began to pull bread from the shelves early yesterday, Christmas Eve. The dated pulls said December 29th. I began stacking them in a shopping cart when I realized something. This bread was being picked up by various volunteer groups to be distributed to those in need. I carefully and gently began to take care of the loaves. I tucked in the tails(a term for folding the bag tops under) and made room so none of the rolls, bagels or other products would be damaged. My mind wandered as I tried to imagine who would be receiving it. As I was praying for my fellow man, I stopped and reflected on the words I'd been saying all my life.
And give us this day...

Merry Christmas
chick

#44534 - 12/25/05 06:24 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Chick, your love and care are truly gifts to all your life touches...thank you...daily bread means different things to different people, but when it TRULY means daily bread, it makes the heart stop and reflect.

Merrry Christmas to you, and thank you for the gift of Chickadee.

#44535 - 12/25/05 09:08 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chick,

I hope you like your new job. It seems appropriate that you provide daily bread to those in your new community.

I can only imagine how much love goes into each loaf (and life) you touch.

smile

#44536 - 12/26/05 12:00 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chick, thanks for sharing that little piece of your day. It touched me. I am reminded of those who have no material belingings on Christmas because my SIL and BIL work at a soup kitchen on Chirstmas day. It is something I hope to do in my empty nest. Not just on Chirstmas, but often.

#44537 - 12/26/05 07:15 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chickadee Offline

Dotsie, I was home alone all day. If I had my time back, I would have worked a soup kitchen. It is gratifying to help those less fortunate than ourselves.
Smile, Isn't it funny how situations hit us sometimes? Eagle, you're such a dear. I hope you all had a blessed day. I celebrated a Peaceful one.
chick

#44538 - 12/27/05 05:07 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I just love all of you ladies so much! You're all such an inspiration.

Santa was really good to me this year. He knew exactly what I greeded...they weren't needed!

We're packing up for the move to MN. I'm already pooped and we just started. I might lose some of the excess pounds I managed to pack on during the holidays.

#44539 - 12/27/05 12:15 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Dianne,

I know we've talked of this before, but yesterday, thinking of you, I laughed out loud at work. Because, as I was speaking to some people, I actually HEARD myself say, "yahh, surrrre". I turned to the woman and said, "Did you just hear my North DAkota accent?" and she replied "You betcha!" and I know because my sister has lived there for 10 years!!!. (and I'm sure you know, people from ND and Mn all talk alike, they're all Norskies)...So I thought of you and was wondering just how long it will take you.......My wager is a year and a half....maybe less. Anyone else want to anti up?

Chick, If I'm not wealthy enough by next year to go play at a ski lodge with Sam, we should get together!!!! Well, even if I am!. Especially if I am!!!! We could do the soup kitchens, and THEN go the lodge - how 'bout it? I worked this year , both days, and Sam is sick as a dog with congestion and a very sore throat - and living with his girlfriend, so I was alone too...(LOL , SHE had to take care of him for a change [that's a really weird feeling for me -, but I kinda' liked it! and kinda' not]but tonite he called to ask how he should clear up his ears, which I thought was pretty funny, coming from a 25 year old , but actually glad he did. I'm still needed sometimes!!! And needed just for a phone call about so;me advice is pretty liberating!!!

Anyhow, no sense in two Boomer sisters both being alone at any time, but esp. at Christmas....We should just plan ahead. Let's see, we've got 363 days......

#44540 - 12/28/05 08:34 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Get planning.

Searcher, I totally understand your comments about the need to feel needed. My oldest is so independent. Every now and then he'll ask my opinion on something and it feels so good!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved