The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#44490 - 12/14/05 08:10 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Brenda...I gained weight last winter when my Father was sick...I would go to see him every day and be so upset afterwards that I would stop and try to cheer myself up with some food...not only did I not cheer myself up...I made myself fat in the process..Long story short...by June I was fat and depressed and having daily chest pains...i went to see a Cardiologist and she insisted I lose some weight and suggested the South Beach Diet...I bought the book and the cookbook...it's filled with delicious recipes...I not only lost 38 lbs in 6 months but I feel so healthy now...my triglycerides and cholesterol levels are excellent and my hair and skin look better than they did in my 40's!! I highly recommend this diet ...now if I could find a quick cure for my menapausal symptoms....good luck with your diet!!!

#44491 - 12/15/05 12:33 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Winter seems to be the time of year, when the weight just falls on. Of course durning the summer I'm able to get outside and walk, and keep busy with yard work, just general moving.

I'll check on line, for the South Beach diet book, & cookbook.

It's nice to hear what a cardiologist has recommended. Haven't seen mine since June, when checking out of the hospital.

As much as I dislike it...guess the treadmill will be my winter friend.

Thanks...

#44492 - 12/15/05 03:58 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yepthatsme2, I would say Atkins is sodium free if you yourself don't add any salt. I use all of the Mrs dash salt free seasonings, there are 14 of them and all are excellent. I have no salt in my home but it is mind boggling the amount in everything we buy....Atkins to me is a safe short term only diet. I do like the South Beach diet for a long haul way of lide eating plan. I agree that tasting can be a weighty proposition, LOL....Only 11 more days until Christmas, ho-ho-ho!!!

[ December 14, 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44493 - 12/15/05 04:35 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I've got a couple of the Mrs Dash seasonings, I haven't used the salt shaker in months.

Takes me such a long time in the grocery store, because I check out every label for the sodium content. Just couldn't believe how much sodium in soups, canned spaghetti, rice mixes, pretty much anything pre-cooked.

It's just a matter of control....I just have to control what goes in my mouth.

One of the other forums was talking about writing everything you eat down on paper.
Imagine that could get ugly at the end of the day. At least for me anyways.

I'll check the South Beach diet, and see how that works for me.

#44494 - 12/15/05 04:52 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Heres a tip for everyone, if you ever add to much salt to soup or want to take some of the sodium out of a store bought canned soup, drop a half of a peeled potato into it for about 10 minutes, it'll soak most of the salt right up. Then disgard the potato... strange but true!

[ December 14, 2005, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44495 - 12/15/05 07:19 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,
I will try that my husband is on a low salt diet and I am with him . I love that Mrs.Dash . I put that on patotos and this makes verything taste so good. Yummm...

#44496 - 12/15/05 05:35 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Just 10 more days until Christmas, better shake a leg you ladies putting things off till tomorrow cause tomorrow will soon be here....

#44497 - 12/15/05 06:52 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
and the weather may be bad so you can't get out to run those errands. Schools are closing early here today because we are preparing for an ice storm.

Today I will run out at lunch to buy a few gifts from our Baltimore Coffee and Tea shop. Tonight I'll wrap a little more. I'll also start making my grocery list while sitting with my recipe book. I love doing this. I feel so organized! HA!

What are you doing to prepare today?

#44498 - 12/15/05 07:06 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
The snow is flying here in SW Ohio! Very pretty, and it's a good day to work from home...

Daisygirl

#44499 - 12/15/05 07:21 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Yesterday I finished wrapping presents with Sammie and Diz watching. It was fun. I'm still waiting on some gifts to be delivered thru the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved