The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#44460 - 12/07/05 07:50 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Blondie, we went to the outlets in HAgerstown, MD. They are fantastic. Lots of deals and great stores.

Chatty, I totally agree with the way your family believes. That's how I find peace when a loved one dies. I picture them with their heavenly father and I have confidence that I will mee them again. Those who live in the Lord will always meet again...

#44461 - 12/08/05 02:41 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I wish we had some outlets closer to here I could go to. Maybe I can convince a friend to go with me to the ones about an hour away. No tax and good prices are attractive combination.

I spent most of the day making favors for a party I'm helping plan a couple of weeks from now. I'm finally starting to get into the holiday spirit. Whew!!! I was starting to feel like the grinch!

#44462 - 12/08/05 04:42 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Well girls, my shopping is all done and UPS has been delivering packages to my door. Also, Karen did my corporate shopping for me and took a huge load off my shoulders.

I did my shopping online and with my kids and grandkids, I give money so they can get what they want. It sure makes Christmas a lot easier on me.

#44463 - 12/08/05 05:51 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
If I was an hour away from No. Conway, I'd probably have my shopping done [Smile] It's such a great shopping place. I'm about 45 minutes from Kittery, but I don't much bother anymore unless I'm on my way from Ogunquit or something. NH is so much better. I like Kittery, but the prices aren't as good as they used to be and the tax is a killer. We will be in Glen for the weekend, in early January at the Bernerhof. Plan to go to No. Conway and shop the outlets. Great time right after Christmas. Good sales. I love the outlets, but my favorite part is right in the center of town, Zeb's, the Pengin Store, the 5 and 10 cent store. We always have lunch at Horsefeathers. We have friends who live in Conway and sometimes visit them too. They have an awesome view of Cranmore from their kitchen window.

Louisa

#44464 - 12/09/05 02:59 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
17 more days until Christmas, hope everyones being good...

#44465 - 12/09/05 03:11 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I guess it depends on how you define good... [Razz]

#44466 - 12/09/05 06:48 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I asked Santa to define it but he just winked.. [Wink]

#44467 - 12/09/05 05:44 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, moving right along with all the preparations. Mailing gifts today. And tonight is the Madrigal Feast at our church. Hubby and I are in charge of the teen servers. If this feast doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, nothing will.

#44468 - 12/09/05 10:31 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We're getting there. Several inches of snow fell already today, and more is still coming. It's beautiful to sit and watch out the window, althoug I wouldn't want to go out in it unless I had to. There's always something magical about the first real snow of the season.

Chuck and I have pretty much decided what we'll do for our Christmas giving this year. We always give his mother little things she doesn't buy for herself --- pretty note cards, scented hand lotions, any other personal items I can think of. I'll pick up some of them when I get our family Christmas cards this weekend. We have a half price card store that has beautuful cards and other things that nobody would ever guess were half price. I will be ordering on-line today for my b-i-l and his wife. My 29 year old niece will get cash, so she can buy what she wants when she returns to Chicago.

Tonight I will call s-i-l and see what I can bring to add to the celebration. I'm starting to feel a lot more positive about this whole thing.

Bring on the season!

#44469 - 12/10/05 01:15 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Come on ladies need some counters here to say how many days are left until Christmas, 16 and counting, can you believe that? Where does the time go. Got my cakes all baked for the nursing homes Christmas party and put safely into their large freezer and on Christmas Eve day I will go there and frost the different ones. Waiting for the rest of my gifts to arrive to be wrapped and mailed off. I have to admit NOT tramping through the malls this year was magical. Open the catalog, see an item and call and order, nice! Ordered my goose for Christmas (sorry Ellard.) Saw this joke last night and I'm ashamed to say it made me laugh...

There Is A Place for All Gods Creatures,
right there next to the Potatoes and Gravy...

[ December 09, 2005, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved