The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#44520 - 12/19/05 07:50 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Six (6) more days in our countdown to the big C, Christmas Day....Hows everybody doing with the last minute frazzles?
Say JJ did you ever find those missing gifts?

[ December 19, 2005, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44521 - 12/20/05 08:01 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I'm not feeling frazzled at all. In a little while I'm going to our local farm stand to make up basets of goodies for my m-i-l and s-i-l, full of things they wouldn't buy for themselves. I also need to figure out what to get for my son. We are giving him the blender I never use but he will. But I'd like to get him something personal as well. After that, my shopping is done.

Tomorrow I go to the grocery store, so I need to spend some time today planning menus for when the kids are here.

Hubby surprised me last night and took me out to dinner. The holiday season is off to a great start!

#44522 - 12/20/05 08:07 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I am well and truly frazzled, despite every best effort not to be. Even with morning meditations, stretching and breathing exercises, and a constant mantra of self-encouragement, I'm feeling the stress.

But at least I didn't lose any of my hidden Christmas gifts. At least I don't think I'm missing any...with this mental-pause thing going full-force, who knows what I'll find hiding in my closets the day after everyone leaves.

(In case anyone noticed, I overwrote my whiny vent...decided that although it's real, it's not in keeping with the Christmas spirit. Maybe it was the arrival of several Boomer sister Christmas cards in this morning's mail that perked me up...)

[ December 19, 2005, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#44523 - 12/19/05 09:51 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I try very hard to keep things low key and focus on the birth of Christ. I always seem to be humbled this time of year, cleaning up after sick children. 5 "victims" in 4 days.

#44524 - 12/19/05 11:07 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I don't send cards, but I can guarantee you this much. You are never far from my thoughts and heart. JJ

#44525 - 12/20/05 12:48 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Saturday trip to the comminsary was a bit much...to much traffic. Bumper to bumper to be exact.

Finally reached the comminsary... drive around for what seems like forever to find a parking spot.

Checkout line, was wrapped down and around the back end of the store.
Military payday to top it all off.

Took hubby with me...that's always a bad mistake, he's forever throwing things in the cart...especially when I'm not looking.

Thought they were going to have to give me mouth to mouth when they totalled the bill.

Yep....think I might be a bit frazzled.

#44526 - 12/20/05 03:59 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
For the past few years, we've been able to get almost all of our shopping done well before the first of December. That always helps ease those packed mall/no parking/long lineups stressors. And whatever else we need in the way of stocking stuffers or groceries, we do early weekday mornings when the malls are still fairly quiet.

My stress if mostly self-induced. Imagining every possible scenario and trying to prepare for all of those! Having experienced power outages, flu outbreaks and various other calamities in past years, it's difficult not to get stressed out just trying to anticipate "what's it going to be this year!"

I love Christmas. But I've been floundering ever since Mom died and the entire Christmas "thing" for BOTH sides of the family fell on my shoulders at the same time. My choice would be a quiet, low key celebration of Jesus' birthday...going to church in the morning, etc. But we're such a diverse blend of family and traditions, it's not easy to make it what I want it to be without a lot of other people being impacted...and of course, everyone, no matter how old they get, still wants Christmas just the way it used to be in their respective families.

We're slowly changing the direction and flow of Christmas, but have found that we can only make a few significant changes a year. The one thing we all want more than anything else is to have as much family gathered together as possible. So making compromises and working hard "behind the scenes" to ensure it all goes as smoothly and frictionless as possible is frazzling, but worth it in the end, I guess.

Still, we're seriously considering a Christmas Cruise next year... [Cool]

#44527 - 12/20/05 08:54 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I'm finally at peace for Christmas.
All my shopping is done.
My oldest dtr. is having Prime Rib for the Christmas dinner. My youngest dtr. does Thanksgiving.
We do Christmas Eve at my oldest dtrs. fatherinlaw's home. Our families molded together at first meeting, before our kids were married. We always have a wonderful time. My soninlaw's mother passed away two years ago, and we still miss her.
Went to see Narnia(I think that's how you spell it)today with my three oldest grandson's and their mom's. (My dtrs.)
I was in a spell thru the whole movie! Please.....if any of you have the chance to take your grandkids, do it! Or any of you who don't have grandkids...do it! It's a true family movie!
They will be making four more to follow the books that were written.
Anyway, I'm at peace with myself......and I hope you all will find that peace before Christmas is upon you.
Lynne

#44528 - 12/20/05 05:02 PM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I think it's typical that you are the one considering all possible scenarios and desiring to make Christmas perfect for everyone. It goes with the territory of being a woman. At least I think so. I am definitely the fmaily organizer when it come sto Christmas. I enlist help as needed from hubby and kids.

AM feeling great about Christmas. My gift has been my sister coming home. I am ahead of the game because I promised myself I would be ready when seh arrived except for food.

I'm enlisting my oldest son to help with getting the food in the house. I've also asked him to be in charge of Christmas dinner. I told him we'd pay for everything and help him. I think he's going to bite. He likes to cook. I think it would be a great experience for him to have to organize a seafood dinner feast for 20.

I am covering all my boomer women in prayer. Remember to take time to find the peace as Lynne has. Love to all...

#44529 - 12/21/05 06:28 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just 5 more days until Christmas!!!

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved