The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#42830 - 11/12/05 08:25 AM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Count me in girlfriend. And many thanks for organizing this baby. You're a dear!

#42831 - 11/12/05 03:39 AM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
My only question is -

What's the difference between a white and elepant and a pink one? Anybody heard of a blue one?

Bumfuzzled

#42832 - 11/12/05 04:11 AM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Searcher, I came up with the pink elephant idea, based on comments made in the Collections thread...Danita mentioned collecting $100 bills, then I countered with collecting pink $50 bills, and now that's what everyone wants me to send them for Christmas. So when I couldn't find any suitable white elephant idea for this Holiday exchange, I teased everyone about possibly having to resort to the PINK elephant (meaning those $50 bills...in your dreams everyone!) (If it's meant to be, something miraculous is going to have to happen between now and the deadline for mailing those elephants out!!)

Is that a little less bumfuzzling?

#42833 - 11/12/05 04:28 AM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
A pink one is what you see after too much bubbly...hic

#42834 - 11/12/05 05:17 AM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
YOU know, ha ha ha and lol just doesn't cut it lately. not tee hee either. Good grief, what would happen if we all got together - they'd be sending in swat teams!! And Eagle, where'd you say we stole that word again? And as SOn Sam would say - brain fart #3?

Chick - lay off the sauce. but can I have some before you do? Ahhhhh, the color of pink....

And who was it that was talking about the Boomer roller coaster? Western was that yu? NO KIDDING. Up, down, UP, down, Up, down......Best roller coaster I've found since - you know that famous wooden coaster in Chicago in the 50' and 60's - brain fart #4.......Used to think of it all year 'til I got to go. Same here.

Search

Pink 50 dollar bills......sounds like a miracle to me......let's have one!

#42835 - 11/12/05 07:02 AM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
Eagle Heart Offline

You do know that the pink $50's are real, right? That's what colour they are here in Canada; sure makes a person feel good to look in your wallet and see some pink stuff in there! Doesn't happen to me very often these days, but I still remember the pleasures of pink from my richer days.

And that's a lot of brain farting going on in your corner of the world...is there actually a sound that goes with that phenomena??

Bumfuzzle - came from Kygal. She hasn't been here in awhile, but left us this wonderful word that I'm sure is going to become a well-used word for some of us.

[ November 11, 2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#42836 - 11/12/05 07:42 AM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle,
I have a grandson who is an expert on farts. He uses the word as often as he can and giggles at any sentence with the word fart in it.

I just called to ask his professional opinion of brain farts. He assured me they don't make a sound. He did tell me about a couple of other types of farts that you might want to be aware of though. There's the all important S.B.D. Those are "silent but deadly" farts. Then there's "Popcorn farts" which also silent and the term is used to describe something that is futile as in "That's nothing but a popcorn fart."

Well, that is all I know for now about farts. I'm sure there are other boomers who can add their expertise to this highly intellectual discusssion.

And BTW, my Dad always pronounced bumfuzzle as fumbuzzle. I guess he was bumfuzzled. Or maybe he was fumbuzzled. Or maybe the whole thing was just one big brain fart.

smile

#42837 - 11/12/05 06:01 PM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, one year someone gave us a book about farts. You have to find it for your grandson. It lists every imaginable fart and gives a description. This sounds crazy, but I recall one of our first Christmas evenongs in our home where we sat around with lots of family (before kids) and discussed farts for hours, roaring hysterically. One person in attendance later told us it wasn't an appropriate conversation for Christmas evening. OOPS! It was way too funny. Why don't you search farts on Amazon?

Come to think of it, I don't know where that book is now, or else I'd send it to you.

I recall as a child, getting so many giggles out of this topic. But we weren't allowed to say fart. In fact, I can't believe I'm typing it. HA! For some reason our family called them bunnies. Don't ask why. I haven't a clue.

Oh, one of the favorites was stair-step farts (a little toot for every step while running to go to the bathroom.) Okay, enough!

[ November 12, 2005, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#42838 - 11/12/05 06:52 PM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
My kids' favorite topic is related...poopies!

Did ya'll read the poopie list I placed in the laughter section months ago. It didn't get much attendtion...I was very disappointed!

We read the list as a family and almost peee our pants laughing!

d.

p.s. HOW did THIS subject make it onto THIS topic? hmpf! lol

[ November 12, 2005, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Danita ]

#42839 - 11/12/05 07:11 PM Re: Boomer Holiday 2005
Eagle Heart Offline

Smile, I wonder if I should hire your son as a "home fart consultant". I have a husband and brother who could blow him away with their "abiities" in that department. Honestly, they're just like two little 5-year-old boys when they get together. ESPECIALLY on Christmas day.

(And with our Christmases having undergone such drastic changes over the past years, I'm glad that there's at least one tradition that's remained intact!)

I have to say the funniest ones I ever heard came from my Mom. I guess they'd fit into the popcorn variety. But all the way from her chair in the living room to the bathroom down the hall you could hear this series of teeny tiny popgun sounds, and we swore they were propelling her down the hallway. It was all we could do not to howl with laughter, it was so cute, especially if you knew our Mom, who was a "proper" and genuine lady right to the end...but even she was heard to be giggling to herself further down that hallway!

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved