The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 200 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#42202 - 01/09/03 06:45 AM No Pity Party!
Pattyam112 Offline

Loc: Kansas
Hi!

Just found this site this afternoon and the thing that drew me here was the friends Healing friends. I am so broken and need to mend. I do hope through your friendship I will.

I am 47 years old. I am disabled in body but not in spirit. And I hurt.

I was married for 20 years... till I was left for a 20 something. Then being a modern woman I met a man on the Internet. He was a good man... no horror stories there... but just not the one I needed.

So twice in the last 3 years I have had a broken relationship. One that was long term and one short. Both hurt.

With this web site and women friends... I hope to discover who I really am...

My kids are beautiful and raised. I am no longer partnered. It is time for me to be me. As soon as I figure out who to be [Smile]

I love to write and would really get a kick out of it if I ever got paid for it!

I am also teaching myself how to paint.

I want to learn more and more. I mean why stop there?

I do thank you for starting this web site and I hope God blesses you everyday for what you have started.

Please write to me if you feel the need. I know I feel it!

Patty

[ January 08, 2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Pattyam112 ]

#42203 - 01/13/03 02:27 AM Re: No Pity Party!
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I think you are pretty brave and awesome for sharing like you did and reaching out to others. It takes a truly inspried person to keep trying, learning, and experiencing life even when things get bad. I hope to learn a thing or two from you. Good luck with the writing and painting. It is probably a great help for your mind and spirit.

#42204 - 01/14/03 09:44 PM Re: No Pity Party!
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
sounds to me like you have come to the right place patty. also sounds to me like you have a great sense of who you want to be and are headed in the right direction. for now though....and believe me ..there is no problem with this... i would avoid men.. it sounds like you need a man in your life about as much as i need an umpire mask....lol

#42205 - 01/16/03 06:35 PM Re: No Pity Party!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Patty, I love your desire to learn more and figure out what it is you should be doing in life. I hope you find comfort in knowing that many of us boomer women are doing the very same thing.

We have lived enough to be able to look back, gain perspective, know what makes us tick, what doesn't make us tick, know what we may or may not have energy for, etc. Basically, we know more about ourselves than ever before. We actually understand that we are on a journey and we are responsible for it. We have learned that everything in life is a choice. We need to be sure we are making the best choices for ourselves!

I wish you well in your journey. Sounds like writing and painting are IT for you. Please check out the National Association of Women Writers, www.naww.org. I have found this to be an AWESOME organization of women who write and encourage every women who wants to write! You go girl!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved