The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#42191 - 10/24/02 02:39 AM friend healing
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
I was feeling a bit overwhelmed after just moving to a new state and not knowing a soul. I left my old friends behind and my extended family was far away. I had two little ones and was 6 months pregnant with our 3rd child. With boxes to unpack and a husband who was busy with his new job I was feeling lonely and a little bit sorry for myself. Not for long. Down the path behind our house came an angel pushing a carriage with two precious babies and holding the hand of another. That dear women healed my heart and the beautiful friendship that blossomed that day I still treasure and am so very thankful for.

#42192 - 11/05/02 02:30 PM Re: friend healing
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
No matter how badly I think things are going, my girlfriends ALWAYS are there for me. Having been through some of the single worst things that can happen to a person (losing a parent and a husband), my "crew" is what saved my sanity! I have them all over the place, from sea to shining sea and from the Northern border to the Southern, and some even in other countries. God bless every one of them, and may they live in peace!

#42193 - 11/07/02 06:18 AM Re: friend healing
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What is it about girlfriends? We women are so sincere! I watched "Steel Magnolias" for the very first time a couple weeks ago. Don't know if you saw it, or if you remember this, but...there was a cemetery scene and everyone had walked away leaving the grieving mother at the grave-side of her daughter. The men are shown looking sad and feeling bad, getting in their cars, etc. The women look back and see their dear friend at the grave-side all alone, and they trickle back to love and support her. During that time she was able to share her true feelings with them and let it all out. The whole "friends heal friends" scene was right before my eyes. I loved it!

#42194 - 11/07/02 08:13 AM Re: friend healing
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
yup, and through that grief, they laugh about how her (shelby's mother) hair does look like a football helmet, if i remember the scene correctly. awesome movie. my favorite line is "if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody...well.. you just come sit next to me" i think that happens at the christmas party. i love that line. i get such a kick out of that. it reminds me of my very best girlfriend and me.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved