The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4018 - 06/10/04 04:34 AM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Thank you Dotsie for your lovely "teeny" piece of your life. It may have been short lived, as you say, but it has enabled you to show and feel compassion for me and that makes it huge. Anytime life conditions us to care for others it hasn't been all for naught.

You'd be surprised how many people don't understand what it is like to prepare one's heart and home for a child and to wind up empty handed. On the one hand I've been blasted by some for sharing our story, but then someone must be reading it -- I am not sure who -- becasue it's getting more hits than anything else at LititzPa.com.

The reason I say I don't know who is reading it is because I tried to do what Chatty suggested and get the tale out but everywhere I've tried to post (on adoption-related chat sites) my link and summarry must be getting moderated into oblivion. My post doesn't show up. Don't know what to make of that other than I suspect people don't wanna hear the "unfavorable" adoption stories.

People like happy endings.

#4019 - 06/10/04 04:49 AM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ms G...I've kept up with all of your post, read everything, and followed you there and back home again.

I've shared silently in your disappointment and hurt for you as well; there again, in silence.

But now I have to say that I believe who ever suggested you become the advocate for the Mother/Fathers whose hearts are torn into by these lowlifes, well...it was an excellent suggestion. Who better? You are a walking dictionary, can write better than most people speak, and are passionate about the subject. Let's not forget knowledgeable!

Maybe the timing isn't right for you at this very moment, but please don't discount the valuable role you could play in bringing about justice not only for the parents-to-be that are involved, but for the children. Please...at least keep the thought of doing this alive somewhere in your heart. You could do it. No doubt in my mind. None.

I want you to know how sorry I am this did not work out for you, your family and mostly, the children.

JJ

#4020 - 06/11/04 06:19 AM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I am so very, very sorry.

#4021 - 06/22/04 10:01 AM Re: Back from adoption trip -- bad news
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Garrie, your article moved me to tears. Even though I have no experience to compare this to, my heart goes out to you.

There is strength and volition in righteous anger.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved