The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#3945 - 02/14/05 06:56 PM Re: letting go
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sugaree, try focusing on your relationship with your daughter for now. Try not to let this period of time with your son rob you of the joy that's within your household.

#3946 - 02/16/05 02:51 AM Re: letting go
Dotsie Offline
Founder

You're absolutely right. I read this the other day and then called my daughter to ask if she wanted to do lunch and a movie. We didn't make the movies because we sat and chit-chatted too long. We both enjoyed that and only brought my son's name once and that was when we discussed the new little bundle of joy he gave us. We laughed about how much she looks like him and continued with our pleasant conversation.

I just picked her first car up for her last night. It was with her father's survival benefits and insurance money that she purchased the car with. I accidently made her cry cause I said to her, "See, your father bought you a car after all." He'd said that he'd buy her one before his death. She went to Michael's and bought a light frame to hang on her rearview mirror to put his driver's license in on one side and our family pic on the other. That was cute.

Anyhow, I could go on and on talking about my daughter. She is certainly a bright smile and a blessing in my life.

Dotsie, I wont deprive her anymore. [Smile]

#3947 - 02/17/05 12:36 AM Re: letting go
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh Nancy, I didn't mean to make you cry. Sowee! At least I hope they were those joyful kinds of tears?? Yes?

Yeah, it is nice when your children call home with their issues. It helps you to know that your opinion is regarded as that of widsom.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved