The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#3895 - 02/14/04 05:55 PM young loves
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
During the past few years I've enjoyed watching my kids do Valentine's Day with their friends of the opposite sex.

They've done everything from CVS candies and stuffed animals, boxed Valentines, Valentine grams at school, making cards, sending and receiving roses between schools (fund raiser), candles, buying 2 dozen inexpensive roses. Good Lord, my son had a friend who gave a girl 4 dozen roses last year. I decided I wanted his disposable income! [Big Grin]

It's taken me back to standing at The Card Mart when I was in my teens and shoveling through card after card trying to find the perfect one the perfect size, the perfect price. That wasn't too suggestive, too corny, too funny, or goofy, silly, weird, you name it. It had to be just right. I remember standing there with my friend taking forever. Offering cards back and forth to seek approval. Being embarrased when I saw neighbors who were my parent's friends while it was obvious I was picking a card for a boy and not my parents. Like there was something wrong with that! What a weirdo I was. How funny. And then, a friend's mother worked there so when I payed I turned the card over so she couldn't see the exact card I picked, only the price.

Those memories reminded me how important this love stuff is to our kids at this stage of the game.

[ February 14, 2004, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#3896 - 02/14/04 06:01 PM Re: young loves
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If you remember all of that, then think about this. When we were young, we lived in the moment. We didn't let our minds run off into twenty different directions. The NOW was what was important. We could take a lesson from our childhood and quit trying to live in the future and be satisifed with basking in the wonderful moments we have right this second!

#3897 - 02/16/04 06:08 PM Re: young loves
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amen to the Queen!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved