The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#35846 - 08/18/05 08:14 PM Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Debs Offline

Loc: UK
Brilliant reading, as always with her books. I creid at the funeral.lol
I dont know if it happens to any of you while reading them. But do you feel as though you are THERE with them. Rowling has a way of dragging you into the book, and live what Harry and his chums live. I think its a bit strange that Snape killed Dumbledore. I agree that it was prearranged between them. But we shall have to wait and see in the next book wont we.

#35847 - 08/19/05 06:15 AM Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Harry Potter Rocks!!!!! Can't wait for the movie to come out in November, or the next book or better yet....the next game...I'm a computer game nut...mostly adventure...my sons think I'm nuts because I play as many if not more computer games than they do...and they're in their 20's and 30's...I'm 54...but, always a kid at heart...

#35848 - 08/21/05 07:57 AM Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Just finished the book and was shocked that it was Dumbledore who died. After reading your posts it makes sense that Snape killed him. I wondered whose side he was on all through the book. He seemed to go back and forth from one side to the other.
I too am looking forward to the next movie and book. Hope it doesn't take her as long to write it.
Maggie

#35849 - 08/22/05 10:19 AM Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Are these really, really good? I have never read any of the books or seen the movies bc I didn't think they'd be good.

#35850 - 08/22/05 04:53 PM Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I love them! The books even moreso than the movies!

#35851 - 08/22/05 05:35 PM Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read the first book only. I marveled at her imagination. Wouldn't you love to sit down and get inside her head?

#35852 - 08/23/05 06:40 AM Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by Happy Wife & Mom 9804:
Are these really, really good? I have never read any of the books or seen the movies bc I didn't think they'd be good.

I started reading the Harry Potter books when the third book came out. First, because my two nieces were RAVING about them and their excitement was infectious. Second, because there seemed to be so much controversy about them, and I wanted to make my own informed decision, and the only way to do that was to read them for myself and make up my own mind.

When I began reading them, I was hesitant and sceptical, and admittedly somewhat nervous about the subject matter, especially after reading so much of the controversial comments made by some of the religious groups. But I very quickly became completely absorbed in the book. What an amazing writer, to be able to capture the reader almost from the first page. I was definitely hooked by the end of the first chapter and continue to be hooked on them.

After reading the sixth book, I went back and re-read the fifth book, then the sixth book again, and am now re-reading the entire series again. I find that after each new book introduces new perspectives and insights, I enjoy re-reading the earlier books with those new perspectives in mind. Being profoundly spiritual, I find a lot of spiritual undertones and enjoy exploring those undercurrents. And with my terrible "mental-pause" memory problems, each time I re-read a book, it's almost as if it's my first time reading it!

The HP books won't be everyone's "cup of tea", but I've met many people like myself, who began reading them for various negative reasons and ended up becoming hooked. It can't hurt to try.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved