The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 57 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#35786 - 05/23/05 01:27 PM Re: Star Wars?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks to all the chorus! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

The throngs of noisy, obnoxious children (This is Southern California. We breed our children to be noisy and obnoxious) convinced me that Saturday was not a good day to see Star Wars. I would feel very bad if I had to spend my birthday in jail because I strangled the screaming brats in the movie theater.

...so we went out to a nice little seafood restaurant, rented some movies, and will see Revenge of the Sith on Monday (which is already today [Eek!] )

#35787 - 05/24/05 07:49 AM Re: Star Wars?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Happy B-Day from me too!

I saw Crash this week end. Wow. All I can say is wow.

#35788 - 05/23/05 11:17 PM Re: Star Wars?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, I'm late in wishing you a wonderful day. I pray you have a happy and healthy year ahead.

I'm glad you didn't go to the movie on the weekend. We'd miss you too much if you ended up in jail! [Eek!]

#35789 - 05/24/05 04:03 AM Re: Star Wars?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Me too, HAPPY belated Birthday my friend. I was told that Darth Vader is unmassked for the final Star Wars.... [Cool]

#35790 - 05/24/05 12:55 PM Re: Star Wars?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
STAR WARS REVENGE OF THE SITH REVIEW

OK, the special effects were monumentous! I've stated before that if I had gone through art school 20 years later, I would've gotten my degree in computer-generated graphics. As it is, I love seeing -- not even the fancy action stuff so much -- but the conceptualization of all those other worlds and civilizations. The attention to detail is jaw-dropping, omigosh-gorgeous artwork.

The story was good, but sad. I knew much of the story before I entered the theater. It still was very well done.

My one complaint is Hayden Christiansen, the actor who played Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader. He's wooden. Eye-candy, but not a very convincing actor. I've read other reviews, though, that seemed to think he was OK. I thought he was wooden in Star Wars II too.

#35791 - 05/24/05 06:58 PM Re: Star Wars?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

If Harrison Ford isn't in it, I ain't going!

#35792 - 05/25/05 12:37 AM Re: Star Wars?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dianne, I wrote a short story about Harrison Ford.

The Elevator
By Vicki M. Taylor

I quickened my pace, dragging my suitcase behind. Every third step it banged my heel, nearly causing me to trip. I refused to slow. The elevator doors filled my view. Nothing else mattered, only making the next elevator car so I could get out of this airport.

There, the doors opened, I could make it, if I hurried. Damn, this suitcase. I stopped dragging it and picked it up, shaking it for a second as if it were an insolent child dragging its heels. I would not wait for another car.

The shiny doors began to close. I leapt toward them, pushing my arm through the narrowing space between them. The doors stopped, retracted, and then opened. Finally. I made it.

I pushed my suitcase ahead and tossed it to the floor as I fell against the cool wall to catch my breath. As I pushed number nine I noticed number seven was already lit.

“Ow, excuse me,” a soft, low, deep voice made its way through my foggy senses.

“Oh, sh--, uh, sorry for the suitcase, I really wanted to catch this ele— “ then I looked up into the most awesome, clearest hazel eyes I had ever seen.

As he bent over to remove the suitcase from against his jean-clad shin, I looked down at his soft brown hair, peppered with an abundance of gray streaks. Just like I had always imagined.

In the next few seconds, my mind raced as my hands straightened, tucked, and smoothed blouse and hair. What do I say? I threw my suitcase at him? My God, he must think I’m an idiot!

With strong hands, he hefted my suitcase to its upright position and sat it gently next to me. My legs nearly buckled when he brushed his hand against my arm and asked, “okay?”

All I could do was nod with a silly grin plastered on my face.

He smiled back.

“You probably wanted to ride the elevator alone, huh?” I cringed as the words left my mouth before I could think.

He laughed. “Well, that was my first intention, but I think this is ok, too.”

The elevator jolted to a halt as it reached the seventh floor. The doors slid open with a swoosh and a “bing.”

“Good-bye, Mr. Ford.” I called out, hoping I didn’t sound too goofy.

He turned and put a hand out to stop the doors from sliding closed. “Harrison,” he said with a smile, then removed his hand. The doors closed and all I could see was my own smiling self reflected in the chrome.

No one was ever going to believe this.

#35793 - 05/25/05 02:12 AM Re: Star Wars?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh my word. I'm absolutely drooling. I'm so jealous I can't stand it! Can I kiss your hand or something? Geesh.

#35794 - 05/25/05 04:11 PM Re: Star Wars?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My Lord she meets Harrison Ford and all I get is Sammie Davis Junior.....But then there was the time with Elvis, The King, Presley, that was good too.... [Cool]

#35795 - 05/26/05 07:16 AM Re: Star Wars?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, gracious. What fun. I'm sweating just reading about it. Phew...hot flash.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved