The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#35127 - 03/16/03 05:26 PM Book recommendation
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Please indulge me if you will. There is a new book, just published, that I would like to recommend to everyone. It was written by my dear friend, Joe Bonsall, tenor singer for the Oak Ridge Boys, with a forward by former First Lady, Barbara Bush. It is entitled, "GI JOE and LILLIE", and is a touching remembrance about Joe's father, a World War II hero, and his mother, who also served in the WAC's. Not only does it chronicle the war years, but it also follows them through their lives together, living through the baby boomer years as a young family, through to their eventual burials in Arlington Cemetery. They persevered through incredible hardships, and what got them through was Lillie's faith, and undying devotion to her husband. It is a book that is extremely relevant to the times we live in today, and I hope everybody gets a chance to read it. I was honored to help research, and help edit this book from the first draft through presenting it to the publisher. You can read more about it by visiting the following website:
http://www.newleafpress.net/details/0892215372.htm

It's also available at Barnes and Noble.com and Amazon.com, or if you happen to be at an Oaks concert you can get Joe to sign it for you. [Smile]
I'm really proud of Joe and proud of my involvement. This is a special book. Thanks for letting me share it with you.
Holly Richardson

[ March 16, 2003, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: WizardofZA ]

#35128 - 03/17/03 02:24 PM Re: Book recommendation
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for sharing aobut this book. I am interested inreading it because I feel as though I don't know enough about the personal stories of those who fought in Wrold War II and the Korean War. the men in that generation don't seem to want to talk too much about it. I can't say that I blame them! Sounds like a good book with a personal perspective on the way things were!

#35129 - 03/17/03 05:13 PM Re: Book recommendation
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
You are right, Dotsie. It is indeed a wonderful story about the way things were, but it also gives a lot of insight into the sacrifices that were made during the war and after as well. Life is not always easy, and sometimes it takes a strong woman to hold things together. That's what I loved about this story most of all, I think.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved