The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#35106 - 10/23/02 05:10 AM My Big Fat Greek Wedding
40something Offline

I have never laughed so hard in my life!! It was great therapy seeing this movie! I could see it again!!

#35107 - 10/26/02 08:05 PM Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi! I did see it twice and still laughed my head off the 2nd time.

I hear it's going to be a sitcom with most of the same cast. It should be great.

#35108 - 11/22/02 01:55 AM Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I finally got to see this movie. I loved it!!! I couldn't help but think that the two families could be any families that are raised in two different environments. I laughed out loud thinking of the time my 17 year old son brought his girlfriend to her first family party with the grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Everyone proceeded to take their place as a reporter and started interviewing the poor girl! She didn't know what was going on. We laughed and included her in all the jokes and carrying on. She didn't know what to make of us. We are a big Irish/Catholic family(not all still Catholic, but most!). We are one of the origianl loud families!

On the way out the door, my 16 year old nephew laughed saying, "Remind me to NEVER bring my girlfriend around this family!" My sisters and I roared at his comment. Of course he will...one day... bring his girlfriend around us and we will NEVER let him forget what he said. I'm sure one of us will have to remind him in front of that LUCKY girl! HA!!!

#35109 - 11/22/02 04:22 AM Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
I saw this when it first came out and my favorite line is when the mother tells the daughter, "The man IS the head of the family, but the woman is the neck and she can make that head turn anyway she wants it to!!"

Anyway, my father and I took my 15 year old niece to see it and we all three laughed our butts off! A really good, feel-good, Cinderella and the prince movie!! Four snaps up! (From Selena, at 102.7 WQSR!!)

#35110 - 11/25/02 07:46 AM Re: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Uvagolfmom Offline

Loc: Towson
This was definitely my speed. We were thinking afterwards it may not be as funny to kids later who do not grow up with all the ethnicity and accents with which I grew up (German, Swiss and Russian immigrants of Catholic and Jewish origin). I could really relate to so much of it, it really was hilarious in an uplifting sort of way.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved