The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#35028 - 04/19/06 12:13 AM Re: spring cleaning?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Mine was Winter Cleaning this year since we were moving. How did we collect so much stuff? I gave away nine 55 gallon trash bags of clothes! Why couldn't I do it before? I forced myself to do it and it felt so good.

We put things no longer needed for the trash men and the carpenters in our neighborhood got them before the trash came. We saw a truck with Sammie's old bird cage in the back, going down the road. It was her outdoor cage and all rusted.

My mother was such a neat freak we never needed to spring clean. We weren't even allowed to wear shoes in the house. It was miserable.

#35029 - 04/19/06 02:09 AM Re: spring cleaning?
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I'm so happy that I did Spring and Winter cleaning now that I'm getting this place ready to sell after living here for 35 years.
It's just tough when I come upon something that has memories for me, and I have to make the hard decision of rather to toss it or keep it.
I'm like you Dianne.....I can't believe the clothes and shoes that I've got ready to give away. I have three closets full!!!
Glad they're all to big for me now.
Oh well, I will see the light at the end of the tunnel one of these days.
It's so nice here today that I'm washing down deck furniture and tying up my climbing plants.
Lynne

#35030 - 04/19/06 03:34 AM Re: spring cleaning?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I've found that if you keep your home tidy all year long there is no reason to do any heavy cleaning at a certain part of the year. I do have drapes cleaned once a year but do it sometimes in winter, summer or fall, no special time. I bought leather furniture so thats a wipe down and have no carpeting except for smaller throw rugs that can be washed and you wouldn't believe the time and money that has saved me. I am not a horder so clothes, shoes etc. except the ones I wear are not laying around....
Sherri keep the clothes that fit now, get rid of the fat clothes because as long as there around its to easy to let the weight control slip thinking oh well, still have my fat clothes....

[ April 18, 2006, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#35031 - 04/19/06 03:43 AM Re: spring cleaning?
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
The fat clothes are going, anything over 14 is being given away! I resisted doing this for nearly three years! Duh!!!

#35032 - 04/19/06 08:04 PM Re: spring cleaning?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
With our flat being so small, I don't have a choice but to keep it organized. My main chore is cleaning up the messes Sammie makes! [Eek!]

We're going to the annual conference in FL this month and all of my Summer clothes are still in TN. You know what that means--shopping! Oh darn.

David suggested that I take a flight to TN and get my clothes as it would be a lot cheaper. I ignored him. I found the cutest shoes. Can't wait to parade around in them.

#35033 - 04/19/06 10:04 PM Re: spring cleaning?
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
We have just bought a condo and will be moving out of our rental of the past 2 years. So, my luck, I'll have to clean this place and since the new place was inhabitated by 2 cats and a dog - I'll be cleaning until Christmas....

That's OK with me - to finally able to unpack (most of my life has been locked in a storage unit for 2 years) I can't wait. I do see another la-a-pa-looza garage sale in my near future - uhg!

#35034 - 04/19/06 10:22 PM Re: spring cleaning?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
browser, get in there and clean before you put anything in there. Then you should be fine.

I bet you're looking foreard to this.When's the move? You're staying in Michigan, right?

#35035 - 04/20/06 12:29 AM Re: spring cleaning?
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
We will be able to take our time for a change. We will close on May 9 - but don't have to vacate our apt. until the end of May. Gives us plenty of time to clean both places.

We found a great detached condo on the 7th hole of a wonderful golf course - staying in Michigan for family - but would go south again in a heart beat. This is also close to some great parks (DH still talking in-line skating!!) I think this will be a good fit - although I had hoped to be on a sandy beach somewhere (there are wonderful beaches in MI) we just couldn't find one that wouldn't break the bank - now that we're retired - we have better things to do with our money besides paying the mortgage!!

#35036 - 04/22/06 06:38 PM Re: spring cleaning?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
browser, I can see the two of you skating through the golf course. What a great place to do so.

#35037 - 06/07/06 06:25 PM Re: spring cleaning?
Old Knitter Offline

OK......this may sound strange....but I rely on the fly lady to clean my house. I love her! Go to www.flylady.com She will change your life. Once you sign up she sends you daily chores to do. Seriously, after a couple of weeks your house is clean all the time. My husband is pretty amused by this, but it works for me.

Holly

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved