The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#34866 - 10/29/05 06:00 PM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Great input Lynnie,

It's like eating an elephant one bite at a time!

d.

#34867 - 10/31/05 09:10 AM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
Thank you ladies!
I've already done a lot of the work you suggested, Lynnie.
The check to register my biz name with the state of Ohio is waiting to be mailed.
I have a mission statement that inspires me.
My plan was not to get certified as a coach because I have about 3 years training in coaching from Landmark Education.

I understand that my desire for income comes across somewhat shallow. While mulling in my mind about things, a little voice suggested I just go out there and do it for the people because I have a gift and want to share it with others.

Honestly, I'm feeling I could just do the SAHM thing until the boys start school full time. OR, is that just fear talking? I do feel that my authentic self needs to get out there and express more creativity.

It's now time to jump in.....get started......get the ball rolling.
UGH! Enough sticking the toe in the water! Ya know???!!!

I'm starting to annoy myself. Jeesh, Stac, you big whiner!
[Smile]

#34868 - 10/31/05 06:49 PM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Stacy, one step at a time. Just keep heading in the direction and see what happens. It doesn't sound like you're in a rush so there's no pressure. You may be surprised at how this evolves. Be prayerful. Ask God to clarify what He is calling you to do. PRaying for you girlfriend.

#34870 - 11/01/05 05:25 AM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There is nothing to be ashamed about in wanting money for what you do, why not? Everything takes money to live and nothing is free so why should your talents be?

#34871 - 11/01/05 06:47 AM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi all, here is an affirmation I like to use that combines money with our talents: "I make perfect use of my talents and abilities, and I have abundant income now." (I keep affirming....) I am just beginning to think that I have something to offer that is worth the price. I facilitated a journal writing workshop for a price for the first time. This is something I've done at spiritual retreats and support groups at no charge. Anyway, the first-for-a-fee was supposed to be 2 and a half hours. I was going over, when the group brought the time to my attention. I said, "I wanted to make sure you got your money's worth." They said that they already had. So, Stacy, your desire for income does not come across as shallow. This is a society where we need money to survive, and if you have talents to sell, go for it. I'm glad to hear you've already given thought to a mission statement and training. Much luck, Lynnie P.S. Now I am going to vistaline to see how in the world they can offer business cards for free!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved