The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#34750 - 07/07/05 01:12 AM Re: DO NOT CALL
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
Dotsie,
My kids are 14,13 and 11. My current bill is sitting next to the phone unopened. I'm almost afraid to see it. I really don't think that I will have charges in addition to the monthly fees. Keeping my fingers crossed, anyway. My oldest spent a week in Pittsburgh last week, and he took one of the cell phones. It should still be within our local calling area.

Now why would a kid use a cell phone (was it his?) to make a local call if the call from the land line would have been free? I don't understand that. I agree with Chatty. Had I been the parent, I wouldn't have bailed him out.

What is outrageous are the taxes on cell phones. We're paying double taxes here in PA.
Marie

#34751 - 07/07/05 08:55 AM Re: DO NOT CALL
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
You all are a treasure trove of info on how to deal with telemarketers. I'll admit - until Spam telemarkers were my number one pet peeve - then spam became number one - b/c of the WASTE of time. I turned spam into writing inspiration so made "peace" with this thorn in my flesh - so back to telemarketers as being my number one irritant.

Anyone else on do not call lists and they STILL call your number? I eventually got tired and created a spreadsheet that I click on immediately when the company identifies themselves I scan through the sheet, tell them that they called on such a such a day at such and such a time and I told them then that I had no interested in being bothered and please do not call back. I ask them if they enjoy lawsuits, and let them know I sure could put the extra money to use from the judgment awarded for their harassment. There IS that green ski-do, the honda goldwing I want, and let's not forget the 67 mustang convertible - plus I still haven't finished my reading room, oh, and yeah, a whirlpool outside would be awesome.

Usually after I become that much of a uhm...booger, they don't call again.

I hate getting that ugly with people though.

#34752 - 07/07/05 08:21 PM Re: DO NOT CALL
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
This past week I've been getting weird phone calls from various work at home outfits. It was quite irritating. After the third call, I asked the nice Southern woman where she got my name and number, because I am on the Do Not Call list. She said that someone had entered my name, address, phone number and email on their business website. I assured her it wasn't me. She thanked me for being polite about the whole thing, most people use profanities, etc., and she said she would remove my information from their company website. But I would have to tell other companies that call to do the same thing.
Earlier this week I received a phone call from someone at the Mike Ferry organization. Someone entered my information on their website. I haven't been in real estate for months.
I don't know who is doing it, but I have a feeling it's the same person who has been sending me baby formula samples and diaper coupons.
I'm not ambitious enough to create a spreadsheet, but I think it's a great idea. I think you handled that well. :-)
Marie

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved