The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#34565 - 01/23/05 01:54 AM Re: new year/get organized
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I am so excited, I am so excited! I have been dumping, boxing, cleaning, etc.., since this morning. I finally put my foot down and said to my family, "I need you out because this clutter is getting on my nerves". I am almost there, Yippeeeee! Okay, break time is over, I justed wanted to share!

Cheers,
Cathi [Big Grin]

#34566 - 02/01/05 12:03 PM Re: new year/get organized
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
UPDATE:

I've completed 38 items on the list that swelled to 54.

Items noticeably NOT done: 6 separate entries related to redoing my physical jewelry display, probably 36 hours worth. Bumped into February.

Big projects done: 12 hours trimming one bouganvillea bush. New pics for new website. 8 Doctors and dentist appointments. Business taxes. Probably AT LEAST 40 hours spent editing and rewriting existing work (okay, I'm a perfectionist AND I'm slow...)

FEBRUARY LIST:
16 items that weren't done from January's list. More website work. More gardening. Lots more editing. And added: I'm setting a goal to submit poetry or essays to at least 6 new publications.

I think I accomplished a lot last month, and I'm proud of myself for finishing as many chores as I did. Now I need to get back to making jewelry!

How is everyone else doing on the New Year's resolutions?

#34567 - 02/01/05 06:47 PM Re: new year/get organized
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Update:
Meredith, you certainly did get a lot done in January.I noticed gardening on the list. Oh how I wish I could be diggin in the ground, early in the morning especially.
My resolution was to quit smoking and not gain weight in the process. I have cut down to no more than 3 cigs a day and lost four pounds by changing my eating habits. Curves is keeping me stress free. I enjoy posting in the BWS forum and being with birds of a feather.
Pats on the back to you Meredith. Did I read somewhere that you were vegeterian? Maybe not, but I am thinking about it. I am taking my resolution slow and simple. Stress free is the only way for me.
I will continue to try and cut back on the cigarettes while exercising, eating healthy and reporting in the diet forum. I glue it all together with prayer.
Now if I could only get Optimized and start a cleaning frenzy. Optimum wanna come visit me for a week? I have the energy, just don't have the desire.
Who else had resolutions?

chickadee

#34568 - 02/02/05 08:17 AM Re: new year/get organized
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats girls on getting chores accomplished and losing weight while quitting smoking! Now that's something. [Eek!]

Meredith, you better get back to that jewelry. I may need a new pair of ear rings for spring! [Razz]

Oh how I'd love to get my hands dirty in the garden these days. The only thing I'm doing outdoors is shoveling.

My resolution has been to talk less. I have to say I'm getting better at it and it has made a difference in the atmosphere of my home.

Also, while out in the world with family and friends I'm just trying to think before I talk. It sounds so simple, but it takes work.

I've always told my kids to use their words to build one another up. I'm trying to follow my own advice.

Thanks for making me report in!

#34569 - 02/03/05 11:08 AM Re: new year/get organized
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chickadee, I'm technically not a vegetarian but eat 98% lacto/ovo/vege diet. Fish once or twice a week, the rest vege. No mammal meat since 1978? -- 1980 for sure. Can't say I miss it. Most of what I eat would be classified as "health foods" -- unprocessed, lots of organics, no preservatives, hardly any junk. (Ben and Jerry's is not junk! -- it's all natural ingredients -- and it makes me happy to splurge now and then. [Wink] ) Congrats on cutting down on your smoking, I'm really proud of you.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved