The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 38 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#33890 - 12/31/05 04:55 AM Re: Depression at Christmas
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I love going out on New Years Eve! This year I'm attending a wedding in Lexington, KY. My friend's daughter is getting married and the wedding is very untraditional and should be very interesting and fun.

I just hope I can stay awake long enough for midnight.

Daisygirl

#33891 - 12/31/05 09:37 PM Re: Depression at Christmas
ladybug Offline

Daisygirl, now that should be a lot of fun, a wedding on new years eve!

Both of our children are working so our annual dinner date for the four of us is off but it doesn't bother me one bit. It's been so busy around here that it feels good to relax at home.

Enjoy that wedding Daisygirl and have a very happy new year!

[ December 31, 2005, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#33892 - 01/01/06 03:22 AM Re: Depression at Christmas
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Smile your party sounds like the difference between heaven and hell, LOL. Wish I was closer and could drop by. I decided besides the party tonight at the club house, tomorrow I'd whip up my special mexican bean dip, bake some tortilla chips and also a small turkey for sandwiches and just picking on. This way anyone dropping in New Years day has something to nibble on. I also made a rasberry pie, bad girl....LOL

#33893 - 01/01/06 03:33 AM Re: Depression at Christmas
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I am grateful the holidays are over and I know 2006 will be good for us. Hopefully for all of you too.

Sherri

#33894 - 01/01/06 03:33 AM Re: Depression at Christmas
ladybug Offline

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Chatty, I love anything raspberry.

Got the table all set for tomorrow and went to the Hallmark store today and bought six angel ornaments. They are the ones that can hang on a wreath and are named Gilda, Esmeralda and Cordelia. I'm using one at each place setting at the table. They look really pretty.

I'm just sitting in at home tonight, both kids are working and I'm glad to be finally relaxing without anywhere to go.

Happy new year!

#33895 - 01/01/06 03:43 AM Re: Depression at Christmas
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Smile, you are too funny!! Have a fun party.

Chatty, you bake your own tortilla chips? Is it hard to do? I love going to a Mexican restaurant and they serve those warm, fresh chips with salsa. Yum!!

[ December 31, 2005, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#33896 - 01/01/06 10:56 AM Re: Depression at Christmas
Doctor Karen Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Well, ladies, this IS my New Year's celebration. One last missive wishing all of you the best in the New Year and then off to slumberland at 10:15 pm. My daughter and I already celebrated (though she has the stamina at 28 to be off to a party with friends tonight) by spending five wonderful days together in Las Vegas (got home safely last night and woke to a 10 hour power outage due to the storms here in Northern CA). While in Vegas, we saw the incredible "KA" show of Cirque du Soleil and then the incomparable Celine Dion. Lots of fancy restaurants (and 3 hours of walking a day to work off the calories) and much window shopping (who in the world can afford that stuff?? or is small enough to get into it???). A nice gentleman who has been an acquaintance and may become more spent an hour chatting with me on the phone this evening--and I'm going to be patient at just let whatever happens happen.

For those of you who managed to stay up and celebrate...more power to you. Be safe, be happy...most of all, just be you!

#33897 - 01/01/06 01:46 PM Re: Depression at Christmas
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I wish you all could have been at my first New Years Even party in a few years. It was such great fun.

Now I wish I was near enough to drop by Chatty's for some great New Years grub. YUM.

Oh and don't forget your blackeye peas.

smile

#33898 - 01/02/06 08:22 AM Re: Depression at Christmas
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, I am so glad to hear you had a great holiday season. I recall last year when you were crutching along making amendments to all your festivities due to your surgery. Onward!

Kay, I wish you could have looked up chatty while you were in Vegas.

So just you and your daughter vacationed together? Sounds blissful. I love one on one time with my kids.

Now about this guy...how did you meet him?

#33899 - 01/03/06 12:00 AM Re: Depression at Christmas
Doctor Karen Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Hi Dotsie, My daughter is my favorite travel companion. She's 28, speaks French fluently (great for our several trips to France) and is the consumate travel planner (I'm the packer!). We see everything.

The guy...have met him several times over the years in connection with my interest in Early Music (Bach, et al)and the harpsichord. Always thought he was cute. Chatted a number of times at events but nothing ever materialized. I assumed he was married. Then was browsing Match.com and there he was. His son had bought him a 3 month membership as a birthday present. So I wrote him and reminded him who I was and now we've talked several times on the phone and found we have a lot more in common than just the music. He builds harpsichords as a hobby and I, of course, play them. Also his real job is as a typesetter, another interest in common since I typeset my own novel. But I think he may be kind of shy, so I'm just letting this go along with the phone chats until he proposes something more. Plus, if I get too "up" for something, then I get very disappointed when it doesn't materialize. Karen

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved