The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#33507 - 05/12/06 09:11 PM Re: effexor
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, jsut wanted you to know. What is PHPnuke?

#33508 - 05/13/06 01:34 AM Re: effexor
coffeemom Offline

PHP Nuke is a content management system. It is easier to post articles, but you have less control over the look of the site. I think another name for it is a portal.

I finally got it deleted and have my site back! I'd better quit messing with it before I accidentally delete my whole site!

Thanks again!

#33509 - 05/15/06 06:37 PM Re: effexor
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I still have so much to learn! Ack.

Doesn't your heart sink when you lose soemthing in cyber world?

#33510 - 05/16/06 01:27 AM Re: effexor
coffeemom Offline

You're not kidding! I worried about that for a couple of days until I found a "techie" on a forum that told me what to do.

Yes, I have a lot to learn, too. We weren't born into this computer generation like our kids were. It's all natural to them!

#33511 - 06/10/06 11:23 PM Re: effexor
jan1 Offline

Loc: Canada
I've read a lot of negative things about Effexor and I just want to share my story with you as I've been on Effexor XP for almost 2 months. I have anxiety disorder which my former shrink was treating with Remeron and Risperdal for nearly 2 years. I didn't get better, just worse while taking those meds and that shrink did nothing about changing them. I put on 50 lbs. in a matter of a few months from the meds and developed agoraphobia as well as having anxiety. I complained about my weight and the shrink said that the meds could not have done that and blamed me. I also complained about not getting better, but worse in 2 years of treatment and he said that people recover from things differently. Some people are better in a few weeks and some it takes years. I had an independent evaluation done by a different psychiatrist this year and the first thing he asked me was did I put on weight with the Remeron. He recommended a definite change to my meds. He also commented on what I currently was on and said that there is nothing in that medication to help with anxiety. He commented on the dosage my shrink had me on. It was double the manufactures suggested maximum dose. I fired my shrink after that. The independent doctor suggested I try Effexor or Paxil. My family doctor started with the Effexor and I've been doing wonderfully on it. I have not gained any weight, in fact I have lost weight. My anxiety is under control and I don't suffer from agoraphobia anymore.

I just want you to hang in there and hopefully you will have a doctor who will listen to you and help you find what works for you.

#33512 - 06/11/06 03:17 AM Re: effexor
Eagle Heart Offline

Jan, your post was very timely for me. My GP wants to put me on a low dosage of Effexor for chronic anxiety. I've been resisting because the anxiety isn't as severe as it was a few months ago, and also because I really didn't want to go back on meds unless absolutely necessary. But she thinks it would just take the edge off and help nudge me past this particular bump in the road to recovery (from a massive burnout/depression episode that began in 2002).

So your post was of great interest to me...it makes me a little less anxious about taking Effexor...

#33513 - 06/11/06 06:21 AM Re: effexor
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Eagle Heart...who among us doesn't need a little help to get over the little bumps along life's road...and anxiety, if left untreated can make those little bumps appear to turn into downright mountains...meds like Effexor are , in my humble opinion, miraculous...and I thank God every day for them..at one point in my life I was so depressed that the whole world looked absolutely gray to me...after 10 days on an antidepressant I woke up to a bright world...filled with vivid, beautiful colors that I had all but forgotten...I realized that my brain needs that medication the way a diabetic needs insulin..I hope you try what your GP is recommending and have fabulous results!
You so deserve to be happy and anxiety free my Friend.... [Smile]

#33514 - 06/11/06 09:41 AM Re: effexor
santababy Offline

Loc: Lorain, Ohio
When I started the menopause depression and wanted to run away from home for no apparent reason the doc knew we had to go on something. We tried several anti-depression meds. I settled on effexor because there was the least effect on the sexual side effects. I have been as high as 150 mg down to 37.5 mg, which I am on now. I seem to be on an even keel with them. I will say that if I forget and miss 2 doses, on that second day I go into withdrawl and it is ugly ( I wouldn't even drive).I have been taking it for about 10 years. By the way why not Buspar for anxiety? Works for me when I am too anxious occasionally.

#33515 - 06/11/06 06:09 PM Re: effexor
Eagle Heart Offline

Nancy, your voice speaks such kindness and support to my heart - thank you for always being so gentle and healing-kind with me! Your friendship means more to me than you can imagine.

I think it might not be such a bad idea to take something. I just can't shake this "darkness". It doesn't feel like depression, but it's a heavy sadness that just won't go away no matter how many flowers I plant or funny stories/jokes I read or long walks I take...even shopping doesn't ease it, and that's very unusual! [Roll Eyes]

#33516 - 06/11/06 10:21 PM Re: effexor
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I probably will be on an anti-depressent for the rest of my life. I recognize now that I have always lived with depression. You are right, if I had diabetes I would take insulin. I have depression/anxiety syndrome and the meds are there to help. Thank God!

Sherri

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved