The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 210 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#33438 - 06/20/05 03:59 PM Re: What keeps you going?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Names for everyone and everything. This should be fun Francine. Thank You for sharing your idea. Some cute names.
Well wouldn't you know it, Francine. Sir Red and Lady Ruby didn't finish their nest. I don't know if something happened to one of them. A beautiful mockingbird has taken over, finished the nest and is now sitting on her eggs. Her name is Molly. I can't wait for the hummingbirds to come.

bug hugs and butterfly blessings to you [Smile]

chick

#33439 - 06/23/05 11:36 AM Re: What keeps you going?
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chick,

Naming things has become something of a treasure now because my grandkids have picked up on it. And the cool thing is that I know those little lizards back in AZ don't live forever but everytime we see one, it's always Larry or Lisa, lol.

Sorry about Sir Red and Lady Ruby ... but at least another bird is using the nest.

There are birds here that have the most magnificent song ... except it sounds more like they are talking to each other. I'm not familiar with the birds of Germany so I don't know what kind it is. Just that it sits in the tree tops and warbles and chirps and chitters and sings ... and then, another one not too far off will answer it. Their "conversations" make me smile.

Of course, we do have Coco the Cuckoo bird living in a field somewhere near by and his unmistakeable song never fails to bring a smile because I still look for a darn cuckoo clock. LOL.

Love the bug hugs and butterfly blessings, girlfriend.

Hugs and blessing to you, Francine

#33440 - 01/05/06 01:38 PM Re: What keeps you going?
writegirl1949 Offline

Since I've been away so long AND since my emotional state has changed so drastically, I wanted to share just a few things with you.

Of course, reading over the posts, I'm overwhelmed with the response I received when I was struggling and in such pain.

Since August, I've been off all my medications but one (for anxiety) and I usually only take that at night (it helps me sleep). After some scary side-effects of at least one of my meds, I decided to make some changes. But, I did this through much prayer and knowing what warning signs to look for as a result of my actions. Bottom line, I stopped everything but the anxiety medication. I didn't stop everything all at once but did it gradually. The end result: I felt more alive than I've felt in years. In reality, I'd been very medicated for years and after a trip to the ER in July, I knew something had to change. After all, all the medications weren't helping with my suicidal thoughts (as noted in the earlier posts in this thread).

The other thing was my dependence on God. One of the reasons I became inactive here was that I would spend several hours a day in my quiet time and in study. Much of this resulted in posts to my blog. Of course, what God was really doing was healing me.

Since then, I no longer have suicidal thoughts or drastic mood swings. I'm amazed at how God has strengthened me.

I WOULD NOT encourage anyone to just stop their medications. But, I would encourage them to look at their spiritual well-being. For me, God must be at the center of my life. One of my prayers is: Jesus, you are the center and circumference of my life -- everything begins and ends with you. If it doesn't, then everything is chaos.

I just wanted to share with you what God has done. But I also wanted to thank you all for helping me through an extremely difficult time in my life. Although I've been absent from forums, you kind women have not been absent from my heart and thoughts.

Abundant blessings, Francine

#33441 - 01/06/06 08:11 AM Re: What keeps you going?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Francine, I am not familiar with your story, but it sounds like you are doing well. With God, all things are possible. I'm very happy for you!

#33442 - 01/06/06 08:28 AM Re: What keeps you going?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Welcome back, Francine. Sounds like you had a successful sabbatical. Good for you. I know that stopping meds isn't right for everyone but it's good to hear that you had such a wonderfully divine support system to fall back on.

#33443 - 01/06/06 08:52 AM Re: What keeps you going?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Francine, it's great to have you back and in such fantastic health. I know your post may not have been to share the Word, but it certainly a testament to the healing power of God.

I know medications are desparately needed in many circumstances, but I am grateful you chose to back off when you weren't feeling well.

I've known women who have been heavily medicated due to depression. I say fine if it's working, but if it isn't then you need to switch them up, back off, add another, add exercies, prayer, whatever, until you feel better. That is key. Congrats to you for listening to your God and your body.

#33444 - 01/05/06 09:23 PM Re: What keeps you going?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Too much medication or the wrong medication to treat depression may be worse in many cases than no medication. I admire people who can overcome depression using only their own spirituality and strength of will. That worked for me to the point where I could reduce my meds to a level that made my life a lot more comfortable.

Francine, it sounds as though you're doing remarkably well. I'm coming off a fairly intense year myself, so I know where your coming from.

Everyone needs to deal with their lives as best they can in a way that works for them. I've been living one the day to day plan for several years now. Last year for a while I was on the 15 minutes plan --- As in, God, please help me get through this 15 minutes and then we'll deal with what comes next. It worked surprisingly well, but it feels good not to have to do that anymore.

#33445 - 01/06/06 03:03 AM Re: What keeps you going?
writegirl1949 Offline

Oh how I've missed being here and all these responses remind me of how warm and caring this community is.

Bluebird ... my story is similar to so many other stories here at BWS but last summer was extremely difficult and I was in a bad place. I really believe God used BWS to keep me from doing something dangerous.

Vicki, thanks for the welcome back. And I will be the first one to say that medications are important. I may get to a point where I need them again and I won't hesitate to seek help.

Dotsie, it's so good to be here and so good to see so many wonderful things happening with BWS. It's growing and that means more women will find a safe haven here. And, to piggyback onto what I said about meds ... I truly believe God uses all things to help us. It's taken me more than 20 years to realize that all aspects of my well-being have to begin with Him.

Jackie ... I don't know if I've overcome depression or not and please believe me when I say that I NEEDED those medications, along with years of periodic counselling BEFORE my relationship with God helped me. I just thank God for the medications and the medical profession and how they helped. And I know about the 15-minutes at a time. There were times when I felt like I could only get thru one minute at a time. And it all started with baby steps.

Even now, as I face a major upheaval and change in my life, it would be easy to focus on EVERYTHING that needs to be done. And, in fact, there are times when that happens and my anxiety rears its ugly head. Stepping back and realizing I can only go from one point to another by taking one step at a time is the only way I can face the changes that loom ahead in the next couple of months. And knowing that God is in control of it all.

I'm in Germany and we'll be returning home to my beloved Arizona and my family. The weird thing is that it's what I long for and yet ... well, I don't think anything in life is easy but it's all worth it.

And now, I think that's enough ...

Thank you all for your words of welcome and encouragement.

Blessings, Francine

#33446 - 01/06/06 03:10 AM Re: What keeps you going?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Francine, what part of AZ are you returning to?
I'm guessing your husband is in the military. I have a cousin who lived in Heidelberg and she loved it.

#33447 - 01/06/06 03:28 AM Re: What keeps you going?
writegirl1949 Offline

Bluebird ... going back to Fort Huachuca, southeastern part of the state, near Tombstone and the Mexican border. My husband isn't active duty but is a civilian working for the Army.

Heidelberg is lovely and I've had the opportunity to travel around Europe -- seeing things I never would've have had the opportunity to see. But, I have to tell you, it's a might nippy here, lol. In fact, we had lots of snow last week. My daughter tells me they've been having 70 degree weather and I'm more than ready for that.

I see you aren't too far away ... as the crow flies.

Oh ... I love your signature line. So very true.

Blessings, Francine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved