The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3032 - 12/02/05 07:44 PM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I think this is a great story in the making and yes, I CAN see you two writing a "how-to" book some day. This is one cool story... almost like you two were destined to meet again, and do the book. Yes?

JJ

#3033 - 12/02/05 11:41 PM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
Sally J. Offline

Loc: Madison WI
Oh, yes JJ. I'm not a big believer in destiny, but I'm beginning to change my tune. Last week we called each other at the exact same moment. Spooky, no?

Jeanie's website is at: http://photojeanie.com
Not much online right now, but you can get an idea of her style.

#3034 - 12/03/05 12:10 AM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Cool! I called the Godincidences as other here do. I checked out her website and will visit back as it grows and see what she's all about. I also checked out your own website and wow! You do it all. Very nice indeed.

JJ

#3035 - 12/03/05 02:33 AM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sally, great story. And don't call yourself a geek. I took offense at that. You are just as creative!

Fun story. A woman emailed me through the site today asking how she could get in touch with her best friend in high school. She somehow knew she was in this forum (probably Google because seh uses her real name). I've hooked them up. They haven't spoken in six years!

#3036 - 12/04/05 03:12 AM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
Sally J. Offline

Dotsie, when I call myself a geek I don't mean it as a negative thing, just an acknowledgement that I love something waaaaay more than your average person.

Archives geek, Beanie Baby geek, baseball geek, fashion geek, whatever. We all have our avid loves, and if we're lucky we've found a group of similar geeks to "talk shop."

Thanks for letting me share my amazing reunion story. If I'm ever lucky enough to meet you in person I'll gladly re-enact my very loud WHOOP! when I first stumbled on Jeanie's magazine article. I made quite a scene on on City Bus #4 that day, let me tell ya!

Gotta run. I have a date with my daughter and her new Polly Pocket dolls...yay!

Warmest wishes,
-Sally

#3037 - 12/08/05 07:34 PM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I remember those Polly Pocket dolls. My daughter has every darn one of them in the attic!

I get the geek thing!

#3038 - 12/08/05 10:11 PM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I don't remember these, but since Lea is here, I'm sure I will be knowing them pretty soon. I'm getting her, among other things, a doll every year. A girl needs a baby doll when she goes to see what Santa brings....

Mommy and Daddy got her a tricycle this year. Wahhhhh... I wanted to do that. I suppose this means I'll be the one to get her a car. hahahaha....

JJ

#3039 - 12/09/05 03:10 AM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
ladybug Offline

Dotsie, my daughter loved Polly Pocket. I thought they were really cute. We've got so many of them packed away now.

#3040 - 12/09/05 06:53 PM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
Dotsie Offline
Founder

JJ, Polly Pockets weren't around when we were kids but boy were they big when my daughter was little. She got them for Christmas, birthdays,in Easter baskets, etc. They are these precious little cases that open and become playgrounds, nurseries, stores, etc. They have teeny tiny dolls and pets that you move around within the case. I'm sure I vaccumed a few of the dolls right along with the Legos.

#3041 - 12/09/05 07:04 PM Re: Your childhood girlfriend
Sally J. Offline

Not to mention the teeny tiny shoes!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved