The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#30171 - 04/06/05 08:13 AM Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
It's been an interesting few weeks, ladies, and I've missed the interaction. I think JJ updated you all on my daughter's fire that turned out okay (as fires go). She is well, the missing cat was found, and all three (my daughter and pets) are living in my house!

I got to take an extended week trip to Florida to help some friends close on their newest property and bring them back with us. What a shock that was - we left Okeechobee at 88 degrees and arrived in Moundsville to 41 degrees, rain, and snow the next day. Of course, we were all in shorts!

And it's like Christmas here - when I got home, my book review pile included books by Pam Kimmell, Lynne Tolson, p.m. terrell, Autumn Conley, and 15 (yes fifteen!) other books! I've got bookmarks all over the place and feel like I have ADHD trying to decide what to read first! What a dilemma. I'm almost finished with Lynne's since she's the featured author.

I also got to meet Joyce Faulkner and interview her right before the Florida trip and received a preview copy of her next book. Joyce is absolutely fascinating, and we chatted for two hours!

I also got to speak on the phone to the controversial attorney, John Whitehead, in a short introductory piece for his upcoming appearance at the Appalachian School of Law. Very interesting man! Founder of the Rutherford Institute

So, life is interesting in my two bedroom small house with one bathroom, one closet, three households combined (mother-in-law's possessions, ours, and my daughter's smoke debris), three dogs and two cats.

Hope to be in and out more often.

Di
[Big Grin]

#30172 - 04/07/05 07:20 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi Dian, thanks for the update. I have been praying for your daughter and will continue to do so.

You are interacting with so many boomers. That's awesome. I too have a stack of 27 books to read for future Featured Author consideration. Fortunately, reading is one of my passions.

Are you going to Book 'Em?

#30173 - 04/07/05 12:11 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My daughter's home burned to the ground a few years ago. They lost everything. They had put some camping propane on a shelf above the dryer and the dryer overheated and set the butane ablaze. She still has some PTSD from it. Glad your daughter is okay.

#30174 - 04/07/05 12:37 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Welcome back, Dian. We missed you. Your household sounds like it's bursting at the seams. You really sound happy to have all daughters under the same roof.

Gee, and I thought my to be read pile was big. [Smile]

#30175 - 04/07/05 01:34 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Welcome back Dian!
You've really got your hands full there but it sounds like you've got some great reading ahead of you. Try to relax and enjoy it!

#30176 - 04/07/05 01:49 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
WOW.....indeed you DO have plenty on your plate! Glad everything has worked out for all concerned.....Hopefully you will now enter a "quiet phase" - that's the way it should be after the "manic phase" in our lives right???

Welcome back.

#30177 - 04/07/05 02:18 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Glad your daughter is ok. You sure have a lot going on. Good luck.
Louisa

#30178 - 04/07/05 03:42 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would love all the turmoil you are experiencing now, all the company. I'm sure it's difficult too but kind of nice. Glad everyone is fine, pets and all.....Welcome back. [Wink]

#30179 - 04/07/05 07:35 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Dian, thanks for letting us know what's going on with you. Wow! So busy! Glad everyone is okay. LLL

#30180 - 04/07/05 08:13 AM Re: Yoo Hoo - I'm here....
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
Good to hear from all of you and I hope to get updated on what's new with all of you, too. Hubby is gone for the next couple of days so I'm hoping to devote all day Friday to Readin' and Reviewin!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved